Tam and Toby ~~ Hunting Zorba .....Take two. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That is fantastic, Done that a few times myself, sat round a open fire with peaple making music. After surfing down at Croyde years ago when you could park up overnight in the car parks we used to gather round with some friends and the singer out of the group Pretty things would be there and playing guitar. Such a great atmosphere thanks for sharing. (y)
There was a guy there with a tiny little synthesiser linked to a laptop also that could create some amazing stuff just from sampled sounds ....was a good night

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I'm definitely envious of anyone who can make music. I can't sing a note or even keep a basic rhythm .
It has been the only enduring disappointment in my life.
My idea of total heaven would be sitting around a campfire with friends making music. You are a lucky man Tam!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm definitely envious of anyone who can make music. I can't sing a note or even keep a basic rhythm .
It has been the only enduring disappointment in my life.
My idea of total heaven would be sitting around a campfire with friends making music. You are a lucky man Tam!
Yeah i wish i could play an instrument too ...ive tried a few but got no where

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Im glad folk on here appreciated the video anyway ...i sent it to mum and my sister and all i got back was negativity and criticism...it bugs me sometimes ☹️

Personally if someone can do something better than i can then regardless of how good they are i respect the fact they try

I struggled most of my life to push myself to do things due to a big lack of confidence ....i still do and i hate it

But im starting to think it didnt help having parents and older siblings that rather than encouraged me foccussed on what could go wrong.

Screenshot_20201109-233957_Google.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Ive carried a harmonica around with me since I was 16 after a brief encounter with a good looking guy who played one and two penny whistles (I'm not sure what spurred me into getting them) for the last 15 or 20 years.
If I pick them up the dogs start to howl! :(

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Im glad folk on here appreciated the video anyway ...i sent it to mum and my sister and all i got back was negativity and criticism...it bugs me sometimes ☹

Personally if someone can do something better than i can then regardless of how good they are i respect the fact they try

I struggled most of my life to push myself to do things due to a big lack of confidence ....i still do and i hate it

But im starting to think it didnt help having parents and older siblings that rather than encouraged me foccussed on what could go wrong.

View attachment 442272
I think you've hit it on the head there. Constant negative ideas/criticism worms it's way deep down into your psyche. You dont' know it's there but it's alwasy ready to pop out aand whsiper insidiously in your ear.
The oonly way I do it is to pretend that I'm coonfident and act it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well we heard from the police today that they are not happy with people parking here for so long .....if they had only said that in the beginning then i doubt many would have ...i certainly wouldn't have stayed here 2 weeks if i didn't think i was doing the right thing but apparently they would prefer people move on regularly.

So i had already been looking on park4night for places to go next and i think i will move on tomorrow .

I think Laurent is planning to do the same but to be honest as much as I've enjoyed the company the last couple of weeks I wouldn't complain about some time alone just me and my dogs ...
According to greek news i think they will be opening things up again from December 1st but will wait and see on that score

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good that you've planned where you're going to move to next. Hopefully you've sorted a couple of places in case you can't stop at your first one.
Yeah i have ...the 3rd option being police approved ....plan to stop there anyway but theres 2 other spots before that i want to use the drone at

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Well we heard from the police today that they are not happy with people parking here for so long .....if they had only said that in the beginning then i doubt many would have ...i certainly wouldn't have stayed here 2 weeks if i didn't think i was doing the right thing but apparently they would prefer people move on regularly.

So i had already been looking on park4night for places to go next and i think i will move on tomorrow .

I think Laurent is planning to do the same but to be honest as much as I've enjoyed the company the last couple of weeks I wouldn't complain about some time alone just me and my dogs ...
According to greek news i think they will be opening things up again from December 1st but will wait and see on that score
So they're telling you to defy lockdown laws and drive around! Typical Greek rules.
Hopefully they're a bit more consistent than the Port police. They are adamant they know the rules, and all apply them rigidly. This often results in several different interpretations of "the rules" - whether they are the old rules, current rules or ones they made up after a dream they once had - being enforced by staff in the same office!!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So they're telling you to defy lockdown laws and drive around! Typical Greek rules.
Hopefully they're a bit more consistent than the Port police. They are adamant they know the rules, and all apply them rigidly. This often results in several different interpretations of "the rules" - whether they are the old rules, current rules or ones they made up after a dream they once had - being enforced by staff in the same office!!
Yeah pretty much

A german guy from here went to the police station this morning to ask what it is they want us to do because they have been coming here daily and taking one or 2 people to the police station .

The police cheif apparently said that locals who come past here on bikes or walking have been complaining that people camping here are not forced to the same rules as they are
He says they dont mind people staying 3 or 4 days but then to move on even if only a few miles so the locals don't complain , camping off site is forbidden throughout greece but off season they dont care as long as you move on regularly.

Seems mad to me during a lockdown but i suppose i see the locals point of view too if they only allowed essential journey's etc

He said it was highly unlikely to be stopped on the road etc

So i hope thats correct as ive been trying to do what i thought was right but they still not happy

So ill move tomorrow only an hour or so south to a nice bay ive spotted with a hike to a castle ...ill see how it is and stay maybe 2 days then move to next place

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Im cooking dinner tonight....nothing scottish just a curry ...but i forgot just how hard it is to cook for many people in the van lol
Curry for 10 needs a big bloody pot ....

Hopefully they like it 😁

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Invite the cops. Could you return to original site after ⅘ days switch between 2sites?

• Funny
Reactions: f6c

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Remember the french don’t like anything too spicy unless they are different lol
And everything with bread ! Made a Chinese stir fry for a friend and he asked what no bread . Next visit I had made cannelloni and put out a basket of bread . He said oh no bread with Italian ! Fickle lot but got to love them . Hope your time with french has improved your thinking of french and France lol They love us Scots

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Annoying to get mixed messages from the authorities but at least you get to have some variety again. We had similar annoyances here recently the cops came through fining everyone they possibly could for random things that have been allowed for the last month.

I think it might have been because from today at 1pm we have a lockdown and same tomorrow and the same again next weekend and because there were a lot of vans all together they didn't want the responsibility of policing them during the lockdown so have dispersed them.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
....nothing scottish just a curry ...
Whit!:doh: It's our other national scoff in Glasgow!:giggle:
Shish Mahal (the original on Gibson Street), the birthplace of Chicken Tikka Masala. Mr Ali greatest invention!:notworthy2:

1605977928991.png

ps I'm in that queue!
:party:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back