Buzz67

Free Member
Feb 10, 2020
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
Myself and a mate (who have both drunk a lot of draught Jaipur) did a blind tasting of Bottled vs canned Jaipur. Neither of us could tell which was which. It’s the cans on offer in Tesco. You have to look for the little boxes of 4. Buy 2 boxes for 9 quid. Any multiple of 2 works. Just had 10 boxes delivered. 40 cans for £45. Bargain.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Tea total at moment on doxycycline on for 21 days then of for a month ongoing so will be alright for Christmas and at the moment not missing it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Not had a Jaipur yet on the list now(y)
If you like a decent IPA, you'll like Jaipur....................but you may not manage many of them. I know I don't. ;)

Tea total at moment on doxycycline on for 21 days then of for a month ongoing so will be alright for Christmas and at the moment not missing it
Commiserations Joe. :cry: ........................ ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
If you like a decent IPA, you'll like Jaipur....................but you may not manage many of them. I know I don't. ;)

Commiserations Joe. :cry: ........................ ;)

Cheers,

I find a lot of the lighter hoppy beers can give me a bit of a head in the morning Jock, whereas the darker malty beers don’t, unless I really over do it, which is not that often now days. 👍

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
You miss quoted me, but what you added was clear. Try write your bit after the [/quote] text ;)

Also, that Adnams ale was probably a summer treat. Need something darker for Autumn Winter :)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I put in an order for Jaipur, Black Sheep Milk Stout and "any other of the beers I like" with The Boss (y)
She came back with the Black Sheep Milk Stout, Theakston's Old Peculiar & Wychwood's Hobgoblin Ruby. :unsure:

She said "Do I know that Jaipur stuff is in little cans & £6? I got you 4 bigger cans of Ruby for £3.99 instead. OK?"
"yes dear" ;) :)

NVM, Jaipur will be on her radar now & if it's on offer...
The Black Sheep Milk Stout is new to me so I'll try remember and post some tasting notes ;)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Currently enjoying Wainwright Golden Beer, buying it from a Spanish Supermarket, even though it’s origins started in the Lake District although it’s Marstons that l reckon is Brewed and bottled in Italy.
A great bottled beer and very refreshing a bit of a mix of Blonde and Lager 4.1% 500ml €1.60.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
She said "Do I know that Jaipur stuff is in little cans & £6? I got you 4 bigger cans of Ruby for £3.99 instead. OK?"
"yes dear" ;) :)
And that's why I've decided not to get any. If it came in 500ml cans or bottles, I would have got some in earlier while I was out. :(

Good Evening. I am going to try a Plum Porter from Titanic tonight.
One of my favourites, but then I do have a sweet tooth. Enjoy. (y)

I find a lot of the lighter hoppy beers can give me a bit of a head in the morning Jock, whereas the darker malty beers don’t, unless I really over do it, which is not that often now days. 👍
I'm the same Steve. If I do have light hoppy beers, it's usually only a couple before I move on to something darker.

Cheers :drink:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
The Black Sheep Milk Stout is new to me so I'll try remember and post some tasting notes ;)
Typical of it's type.
Very clear chocolate & coffee tastes.
Decent drink. I probably wouldn't buy it a head of Old Peculiar but on promotion I'd have it again.

Similar milk stouts but marginally better, imo, would be Millionaire by Wild Beer & from - a local brewer - <Broken link removed>.

Millionaire must be good, I drank that at the West Berks Brewery when they hosted a work's Xmas do :eek:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I haven't tried Jaipur yet, & haven't noticed it in the supermarkets like Sainsburys, Lidl, but haven't been to Tesco in months, might try there next.
True story:
We went on a fun bash in the New Forrest showground a couple of months back, when a large brand new Morello MH, came in to join us. Two ladies got out, first one asked if Jim our founder was present?
We then learned that the driver/Morello owner was Emma Harrison and that she owned a grade 2 listed country mansion, (Thornbury Hall) in the derbyshire dales. She is also the CEO founder of the DWP Back to Work Training Company A4E.

Now with a rapidly expanding brewery also, she attended the New Forrest rally with her PR secretary, looking at various ways of distributing her beer as all her pubs were in lock down.
She passed out a few beers to the vans parked next her....the beer she passed out was Jaipur!
They only stayed the one night, all this info came to us after they had left, and I didnt get in the cue for any handouts.:crying::crying::crying:
It was suggested that they may look into having a Fun Rally at Thornbury sometime in the future, maybe even a small CL, how good would that be(y) The chance of having a real Pee up at a brewery, a dream come true for many.:giggle:
We will have to watch this space.
LES

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
It's nice to see so much going on, with lots of people trying so much beer, especially with the pubs closed.

I had three from the Loch Lomond brewery in October

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I haven't tried Jaipur yet, & haven't noticed it in the supermarkets like Sainsburys, Lidl, but haven't been to Tesco in months, might try there next.
True story:
We went on a fun bash in the New Forrest showground a couple of months back, when a large brand new Morello MH, came in to join us. Two ladies got out, first one asked if Jim our founder was present?
We then learned that the driver/Morello owner was Emma Harrison and that she owned a grade 2 listed country mansion, (Thornbury Hall) in the derbyshire dales. She is also the CEO founder of the DWP Back to Work Training Company A4E.

Now with a rapidly expanding brewery also, she attended the New Forrest rally with her PR secretary, looking at various ways of distributing her beer as all her pubs were in lock down.
She passed out a few beers to the vans parked next her....the beer she passed out was Jaipur!
They only stayed the one night, all this info came to us after they had left, and I didnt get in the cue for any handouts.:crying::crying::crying:
It was suggested that they may look into having a Fun Rally at Thornbury sometime in the future, maybe even a small CL, how good would that be(y) The chance of having a real Pee up at a brewery, a dream come true for many.:giggle:
We will have to watch this space.
LES
Thornbridge Brewery would be a great place for an Rally and/or Aire.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
It's nice to see so much going on, with lots of people trying so much beer, especially with the pubs closed.

I had three from the Loch Lomond brewery in October

The Mosaic and the blonde sound good Ralph. Any good?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
1605883569271.png
These are some of the bottled beers from Aldi, although they (Harpers Brewing Co), recently appeared to have revised the labels (and names) rather than the brews themselves. I bought four on Tuesday, to partake in whilst on a Zoom meeting with my pals I normally see down the pub (out of lockdown).

A new one to me which I picked up, was a Toffee Ale, which I have to say I was quite impressed with.

1605884706832.png

Although not full in body like a stout, it was very flavoursome and moreish, and at 4.8% ABV. I'll certainly be grabbing that one again. (y)
BTW, they (Harpers) also do a Coffee Stout, but I've not seen that in Aldi's yet......................and not sure I want to try it. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :drink:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Its Hobgoblin Gold for me at the moment, many on here recommended it, so I have been suppin a few recently. I also tried the Ruby, but found that a bit heavy, and noticed that my chest hair started to mat more vigorously the next day. :LOL:
Really hoping that Hoegarten is on special at Lidl before xmas, love that stuff, love pouring it, love savouring the moment, but always feel a little angry at not being able to get a bottle deposit back like they do in The EU.
Cheers everyone.
LES

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Thornbridge Brewery would be a great place for an Rally and/or Aire.
The craft beer brewers size requirements often - based on the East Bristol brewery walk & one other - located in quite industrial locations.
e.g.
2556758_Nw_jSJHi_RCRK54ww1IhDs0gmzmRgFQhqgzkvd24rp8.jpg

My local craft type brewer Wild Weather Ale is definitely in a small industrial estate near Silchester.
But, bottom line, it's what they make that draws us in ;)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
The craft beer brewers size requirements often - based on the East Bristol brewery walk & one other - located in quite industrial locations.
e.g.
2556758_Nw_jSJHi_RCRK54ww1IhDs0gmzmRgFQhqgzkvd24rp8.jpg

My local craft type brewer Wild Weather Ale is definitely in a small industrial estate near Silchester.
But, bottom line, it's what they make that draws us in ;)
It might look industrial but have a look on google maps and its on the edge of the Peak District or up at Thornbridge Hall would be great.

A lot of German breweries have facilities for Motorhomes would be great to see that over here.

We parked up at Black Sheep over Summer but Masham was mainly closed due Covid (as you would expect)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
It might look industrial but have a look on google maps and its on the edge of the Peak District or up at Thornbridge Hall would be great.

A lot of German breweries have facilities for Motorhomes would be great to see that over here.

We parked up at Black Sheep over Summer but Masham was mainly closed due Covid (as you would expect)
And there'll be solid car parking for a few vans.
West Berks Brewery would be my shout for a rally/air. They're in an old farmyard area.
Lovely taproom and outside eating. For the latter there can be too much farm :eek:
Their buildings are also industrial looking - thinking about it, maybe being an 'industry' it's a requirement - lol.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
View attachment 442086 These are some of the bottled beers from Aldi, although they (Harpers Brewing Co), recently appeared to have revised the labels (and names) rather than the brews themselves. I bought four on Tuesday, to partake in whilst on a Zoom meeting with my pals I normally see down the pub (out of lockdown).

A new one to me which I picked up, was a Toffee Ale, which I have to say I was quite impressed with.

View attachment 442091

Although not full in body like a stout, it was very flavoursome and moreish, and at 4.8% ABV. I'll certainly be grabbing that one again. (y)
BTW, they (Harpers) also do a Coffee Stout, but I've not seen that in Aldi's yet......................and not sure I want to try it. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :drink:
Seen it in Aldi Jock, but didn’t pick any up. 🤦‍♂️

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
10pts? A mini keg, well 10 small pints. They're typically 5L/9Pt
Like <Broken link removed>? And one of those I can recommend - I think I did recently... lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back