LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
We are looking at buying a Hymer and a lot of them give very low mileage's, my question is how preveliant is clocking on motorhome's. Our van conversion has done 250000 mile's and run's like a dream and would not even think of altering the mileage, 500 mile's on a tank of disel at 60mph Spain and back twice in two week's never missed a beat towing a trailer with two large motorbike's on. I also have a 316 Sprinter I am converting for work 350000 mile's again it fly's and again drive's mint, so the question is it happening on motorhomes has anyone suspected their's has been cloocked.
please excuse the spelling/grammer

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
silly thing is when you speak to dealers at shows etc any more than 5k a year is considered to be high mileage ( my works van 50k / year sweet as a nut every three years replaced) so dealers shudder at a five year old van with more than 25k on clock (6 months use for white van man:ROFLMAO:)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
very low milage on MH's is the norm, we go to portugal every year and our milage is never more that 6000 a year, some times as low as 4000 miles.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
silly thing is when you speak to dealers at shows etc any more than 5k a year is considered to be high mileage ( my works van 50k / year sweet as a nut every three years replaced) so dealers shudder at a five year old van with more than 25k on clock (6 months use for white van man:ROFLMAO:)

I don't think that more than 5k a year is excessive, nor do I think that dealers really do either. Trouble is, they use this 'supposedly' high mileage as a stick to beat you with when you try and sell them, or part exchange a vehicle.

It's a different story when they sell it on...... 'High mileage sir?? Not at all 10k a year is nothing at all. Don't forget that the base is a commercial vehicle specifically designed for high mileages.......'!!!!!

They really do like their bread to be buttered on both sides - it was ever thus!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We do anywhere between 8 and 14k miles a year, we've done 4k in the last two months, everywhere is a long way from West Wales:Smile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I don't think that more than 5k a year is excessive, nor do I think that dealers really do either. Trouble is, they use this 'supposedly' high mileage as a stick to beat you with when you try and sell them, or part exchange a vehicle.

It's a different story when they sell it on...... 'High mileage sir?? Not at all 10k a year is nothing at all. Don't forget that the base is a commercial vehicle specifically designed for high mileages.......'!!!!!

They really do like their bread to be buttered on both sides - it was ever thus!

Well Doug, salesmen are second cousins to politicians you know!

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Mileage ...

Average UK motorhome mileage is 3500 :RollEyes:Source was a insurance database.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back