12v adapter for Lenovo T400s? (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi. I'm trying to find a car charger compatible with my laptop - and it's proving trickier than expected. :RollEyes:

There are a few on ebay listed as being suitable for the T400s but the connectors are always the wrong size, ie 7.9x6.6mm instead of the 7.9x5.4mm that will actually fit. For example: Link Removed

I've found this one: Link Removed which isn't listed as T400s compatible, but which does have the right size connector and matches the power, current and output voltage stated on my AC adapter. However, this one doesn't have the input voltage range of the ebay one (ie. 11.5 - 16v) just a flat 12v. Can anyone 'techie' advise whether this would be ok for motorhome use?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's designed for automotive use, and if you are happy with the output power, voltage and pin size can see no reason why not..

The fact that they don't say the working voltage range is probably just an omission.. indeed they say it's max voltage is 8.5 .. :Doh: probably a typo..

Why not drop them an email to clarify .. and also ask when it is back in stock.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
It's designed for automotive use, and if you are happy with the output power, voltage and pin size can see no reason why not..

The fact that they don't say the working voltage range is probably just an omission.. indeed they say it's max voltage is 8.5 .. :Doh: probably a typo..

Why not drop them an email to clarify .. and also ask when it is back in stock.

Yes, I did e-mail them - still awaiting a reply. I know when I was looking into LED lights that some of them were regulated 10-30v to cope with fluctuations such as the water pump kicking in, whereas others were just 12v input. Wondering if it's the same thing here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Finally got a reply and the charger accepts 11.5-16v inputs - which would have been fine except they are not getting any more in stock. :cry:

I've still not been able to find any other 12v chargers that have the 7.9 x 5.5 mm jack to fit my laptop. Even Lenovo themselves don't seem to do one, other than a very expensive AC/DC combo: Link Removed

Can anyone help me find a suitable charger? What do other ThinkPad users do?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back