Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Before you all go off on your Easter/Wedding trips just wanted to let you know that the following are signed up for the Gathering (3 - 6 June, near Inverness) from 3 forums:

ardgour
Piper (Possibly + 1 van)
Hezbez (possible)
Mags 52
Grand wanderer

Hope some more of you will join us - max 20 so plenty of space for more :lol: For more information pm or visit Link Removed

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
I will put up some more detail after all these holidays - it's all right for some but we will be working both weekends:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A gathering?!:Eeek:

Does one need to bring a sword like in Highlander? There can be only one, etc!!!!::bigsmile:

My money is on Mags winning the Prize!:ROFLMAO:

Shell just informs me that I am on about the 'Quickening', not the gathering and I should take my medication..............

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
this looks really lovely, will have to speak to him who holds the petrol over draught!

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
A long way for us to come but we wish you a fab fun time.

Dale

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
We would love to book but grandchildren 10 & 11 are due on the 31st of May & the 1st of June, so we can't commit to it, but who knows if you are not fully booked we may be able to turn up at the last minute.

Hope you have a great time
Les & Moira

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for all your responses we have a few more signed up, now, and we have, representatives from Holland and Germany as well as the UK.
I will hold a place for you, Les & Moira, as a possible and will let you know if we get close to the limit.
Those of you who can't make it - remember that if you are in the Highlands, you are welcome to stopover free of charge, anytime before the end of September.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Details of Highland Gathering

Numbers are rising - but there is plenty more space. With just over 4 weeks to go ............................. plans are coming together:

Friday 3rd June: arrival - anytime. Free tea/coffee in Schoolroom before 5.30pm or in our van after 7pm (may be something stronger by then :ROFLMAO:)
Barbeque/get together in the evening, weather permitting. Bring something to share.
Saturday: Let us know what you want to do (walking, fishing, birdwatching boating etc.) There is a service bus to Inverness or we have the use of the community minibus, again, so if anyone wants to go somewhere, do something – and do not want to move your van - let us know. It only seats 6 plus driver and there will be a charge for the use.
Saturday night barbeque – hope everyone will join in, and perhaps produce something a little unusual. Alternative plans if wet. We have one musician, but if you can play any insturment - bring it with you for a ceilidh
Sunday –for those who want it there will be a trip to Dores Inn on Loch Ness for lunch/drink/nessie spotting. Bus available - there will be a charge.
Sunday evening wind down, for anyone staying until Monday. Suggestions welcome.
The weather has been amazing this last month, so hopefully it will be good in June. But if not we have the offer of a Safari room and if the worst comes to the worst we have inside space in our small cafe.
HELP REQUIRED:
Because we wiill be working it would be helpful if someone could come either on Thursday or early on Friday morning to help set things up - any volunteers?? Also we need drivers for the mini bus if we want to use it. If you would be happy to drive it (VW mwb) please let me know and PM a copy of your driving licence (both parts). Requirements: UK licence, Min age 21, max points 6.

Look forward to seeing you all
Magbrin

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Magbrin
We're really looking forward to the gathering. I think I mentioned before that we can't get there until the Saturday - we'll get up as quickly as we can but I'm guessing from West Lothian that we won't arrive much before lunchtime. Forgot to ask - is it ok for us to bring our two dogs with us?
We can bring (and play) a guitar and a flute.
Mags

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Thanks for all your responses we have a few more signed up, now, and we have, representatives from Holland and Germany as well as the UK.
I will hold a place for you, Les & Moira, as a possible and will let you know if we get close to the limit.
Those of you who can't make it - remember that if you are in the Highlands, you are welcome to stopover free of charge, anytime before the end of September.

We are touring Scotland for a week begining Fri 27th may we intend to go to fort william then Skye and then to inverness where are you exactly and what dates can we get

Bill

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Magbrin
We're really looking forward to the gathering. I think I mentioned before that we can't get there until the Saturday - we'll get up as quickly as we can but I'm guessing from West Lothian that we won't arrive much before lunchtime. Forgot to ask - is it ok for us to bring our two dogs with us?
We can bring (and play) a guitar and a flute.
Mags

Look forward to seeing you - with musical instruments, on Saturday 4th, and of course the dogs. We are looking forward to a weekend to remember - for all the right reasons - weather, company, music, food, drink etc

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
We are touring Scotland for a week begining Fri 27th may we intend to go to fort william then Skye and then to inverness where are you exactly and what dates can we get

Bill

We are on B851 Fort Augustus to Daviot road IV2 6XD
Link Removed
Free stopovers anytime, Highland Gathering (Free) 3rd - 6th June
Or CS which should be up and running by the time you are in the area
The choice is yours:Doh:
Hope to see you soon

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
doen to detail

It looks as if there is only one definite from here (Mags52) but a few possibles - any more confirmations - the stig, Findlaters or Bailey? There is still room.

4 forums will be represented and I'm hoping for up to 3 vans from each forum - and there is still a chance of one or two from a couple of other forums - so a good cross section. Also a cross section of nationalities including Dutch, probably German and two French students. For music - we have now got three instruments (thanks, Mags) so far and are hoping there may be others, and as for the weather - I have arranged warm sunny weather with enough breeze to keep the midges away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The bus is booked for a trip to the Dores Inn on Sunday but we still need a driver! Please let me know if you want to go (will need to book). Depending on numbers and having a volunteer driver (if one of us has to drive, we will have to do an extra journey each way as unfortunately we won’t be able to stay, which would double the cost) the cost will be in the region of £2.50 - £3.00 per person for the bus. Alternatively you can make your own way there. If you want to go in the bus and are willing to drive please let me know asap, so that we can sort out the insurance. Maximum numbers on the bus – 8 including the driver, so book early to avoid disappointment!

For the barbeques – donations of charcoal, and food to share would be good. If you have an exciting recipe save it for Saturday. Friday’s barbeque will be more basic – sausages, burgers, drumsticks etc. There will be some food available in the shop if you forget to bring something suitable but neither we nor the local shop renewed our alcohol licences when the regulations got stricter, so if you want a drink or several you will have to bring it with you.

Looking forward to another great weekend, and if you haven't booked yet there is still space ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
See you there
Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back