Pollensa water pump fault? (1 Viewer)

Alan60

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Funster No
Does anybody know where the water pump is located on the Pollensa. After filling the system with water the pump just runs with no water coming from the taps. Just the occasional gurgle. Searching similar problems on the 'net seems to point to a damaged diaphragm in the pump. I need to find where it is and check.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Alan.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Can you not locate it by sound, if it's running normally they make a noise, if not perhaps it is submersible and in the water tank.
Can't help any more as don't know the van.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
gurling in the tank? when was the last time you used it? sounds like a case of air in the system, have you tried bleeding it through?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Its so easy to get at as its under the seat belted seats, but I suspect a airlock or you have not given it time to fill up the heater. little worried if it is not a wee bit beyond your capabilities if you cannot find it, I suspect you need help

If you do not get it sorted do shout up again as we have the Pollensa and the manual for it

OP
OP
A

Alan60

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Funster No
Thanks to all who replied, now I know where it is I can get on with the repair.
Laneside, certainly not beyond my capabilities, don't jump to conclusions!

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks to all who replied, now I know where it is I can get on with the repair.
Laneside, certainly not beyond my capabilities, don't jump to conclusions!

Sorry but are you quite sure its broken, if you have had your pollensa for a while then you will be familiar with it. If it is fairly new to you then they can be peculiar after a winter drain down.

It does take several minutes of pumping to fill the water heater and then system before taps stop gurgling and spitting, especially if the system gets an airlock.

As I say just trying to save you money and time if its not the pump. If it is the pump then good luck with the repair.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Had a similar prob with mine, I thought it was an airlock others thought it might be the pump. So booked our Ash (fellow funster who is excellent) he spent about an hour and half and thoroughly checked the pump, took it out and tried it out of its usual resting place and water connections it worked fine so then it was find just where the airlock was. Turned out to be in our hotwater/boiler tank once he released the air the system worked fine.

OP
OP
A

Alan60

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Funster No
Hi Folks, problem was that I couldn't get to the pump because of a Carpeted wooden cover and didn't want to start modifying said cover until I was sure of pumps location! Once I had verified the location of the pump I removed the cover (after removing two sections with a pad saw) and found that the inline filter was fractured and sucking in air. Replaced unit and problem solved. Thanks once again, cheers.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi Folks, problem was that I couldn't get to the pump because of a Carpeted wooden cover and didn't want to start modifying said cover until I was sure of pumps location! Once I had verified the location of the pump I removed the cover (after removing two sections with a pad saw) and found that the inline filter was fractured and sucking in air. Replaced unit and problem solved. Thanks once again, cheers.

Nice when it all goes to plan isn't it Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back