Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
We have just returned from a very enjoyable 3 month visit to Perth, Western Australia.

We are planning to return in December for a longer (4/5 months) visit and hopefully miss most of the cold weather here.

We had a 3 month tourist visa for this trip that came free and was obtained on line. After a thorough search it appears that if we want a tourist visa for over 3 months we will have to pay A$105 each. Also as we are both over 75 we will need an "aged visitor health check" at our expense. For this we will have to travel to Manchester.

We have the option of getting a free 3 month visa in the UK and extending it when we are in OZ at a cost of A$255 each, at A$1.5 to the pound sterling it ain't a cheap option.

So if anybody over 75 who has gone through the procedure to get an extended visa I would be very pleased to hear from them.

Safe travelling.

Don

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Don,

you do have the option of a 976 visa which is valid for 12 months with a limit of 3 months per visit.

it would mean leaving oz for a couple of days, maybe to new zealand or tasmania, then returning for another three months.

free visa but a $20 'service' charge applies.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
hi Don,

you do have the option of a 976 visa which is valid for 12 months with a limit of 3 months per visit.

it would mean leaving oz for a couple of days, maybe to new zealand or tasmania, then returning for another three months.

Would tasmania not count as part of Australia?

Rasmus

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Would tasmania not count as part of Australia?

Rasmus
not sure.....it probably is though.

never mind, they say newzealand is quite pleasant :roflmto:

just thinking though, indonesia is probably closer.

of course, all this is going to cost more than an extended visa anyway :Doh:

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
hi Don,

Thanks for that, I'm aware of this option but it would be cheaper to fly to Bali than NZ. Tasmania is part of OZ unfortunatly.

Don

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for that, I'm aware of this option but it would be cheaper to fly to Bali than NZ. Tasmania is part of OZ unfortunatly.

Don
have you been to Bali Don ?

i've been to Jakarta and Bali and personally, i wouldnt go back :Eeek:

paradise islands.....i think not !

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
have you been to Bali Don ?

i've been to Jakarta and Bali and personally, i wouldnt go back :Eeek:

paradise islands.....i think not !

I've been to Bali twice the first time in 1993 when it was a paradise::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

We returned in 2005 and I agree it was no paradise then. We missed Jimbaran beach bombing by a few days, we had eaten in one of the restaurants that was damaged by bombs. :Sad::Sad:

I've just applied for a 3 month tourist visa we will then play it by ear when we are in Perth.

Next job is to sort the travel insurance out. :Eeek::Eeek:

Don

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
50 years or touring Europe Don, So you are now having to go long haul to find new places::bigsmile::thumb:

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
50 years or touring Europe Don, So you are now having to go long haul to find new places::bigsmile::thumb:

Jim,

We go solely for the weather these days, we would rather fry than freeze. :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

It was 30C+ while we were in Perth. It was their hottest summer on record, following on from the driest winter ever. It rained the day we left the first for months.

Don

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp

Don
the cheapest option is probably to book a flight online with virgin blue when you are out there to go to new zealand

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back