LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I know iPAD does not support flash and I know there are tablets that do support it, however question to any iPad users.

Have you tried using a proxy to access chat e.g. something like the Skyfire app? I don't have an iPad, but the Mrs is keen on one. She uses the chat room quite a lot, so it would be good to know if it is still possible to access from an iPad via a proxy app.

Cheers. :Smile:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Forget the Ipad, get a Samsung Galaxy Tab....it just works brilliantly without been chained to Apple or limited by the lack of flash (oh yes and its cheaper and comes with more kit as standard!!)

OP
OP
pablomc

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Forget the Ipad, get a Samsung Galaxy Tab....it just works brilliantly without been chained to Apple or limited by the lack of flash (oh yes and its cheaper and comes with more kit as standard!!)

Thanks, but I would still like to know about the iPad. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pablomc

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Wonder if 123 Flash Chat is the better way to go. Anyone used it on iPad for MHF chat?

OP
OP
pablomc

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hmmm just tried the 123 flash chat app from my iPhone, but it does not seem to have an option for connecting to a hosted site.

Another option maybe whether the 123 flash chat host that is been used for MHF has (doesn't seem to work) or could incorporate auto detect for Iphone and Ipad, so it switches to HTML instead. Info on the link below. Maybe one for Jim or Bryan?

http://www.123flashchat.com/iphone-ipad-detection

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
ipad & Chat

I have Skyfire and have just tried with MHF Chat and it does not work. it does with with most flash sites but not games. i never used the chat side of MHF or any or chat has it happens. is it like text messaging !!! :Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hmmm just tried the 123 flash chat app from my iPhone, but it does not seem to have an option for connecting to a hosted site.

Another option maybe whether the 123 flash chat host that is been used for MHF has (doesn't seem to work) or could incorporate auto detect for Iphone and Ipad, so it switches to HTML instead. Info on the link below. Maybe one for Jim or Bryan?

http://www.123flashchat.com/iphone-ipad-detection

I will look into that, it would be good to have chat on the Ipad. I will say in advance though, please don't hold your breath while waiting; the support from the software company is dreadful, it can takes weeks for them to answer a support ticket.

OP
OP
pablomc

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I never used the chat side of MHF or any or chat has it happens. is it like text messaging !!! :Doh:

Chat is like messenger if you have ever used it except there a re multiple people on at once. Its like talking on the forum but real time. Best way is to drop into chat sometime (obviously not from you iPad :Smile:). :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Android 3 is now shipping. RIP iPad.
My son in the US has had a Motorola Xoom for a couple of months, he doesn't have a bad word to say about it. It is now available over here, I had a play today myself in PC world. A proper bit of kit it is. I'm sure you would have no problem with chat on one of these.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back