Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
:thumb:Just had my van fitted with a new cambelt, pulleys and tensioners, full service and mot all for £413.00 I think thats pretty good value these days do you agree :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its nice knowing that the cambelt has been done. :Smile: The horror stories I've heard over the years about the damage caused when they go :Eeek: I wouldn't need the expense right now. Putting it off has to be a false economy. i've no idea if you have had a good deal, I always write cheques to garages with eyes full of tears, then my brain blacks out the terrible experience and in the morning I remember nothing:Smile:

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
rick

:thumb:Just had my van fitted with a new cambelt, pulleys and tensioners, full service and mot all for £413.00 I think thats pretty good value these days do you agree :Smile:
had cambelt fitted with pulleys and tensioners plus 4 new glo plugs £210. Use small local garages

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nice to read a positive garage report for a change
That was a very fair price:thumb:
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
good, fair price considering the labour involved.

just had the injector pump timing set on my volvo....less than one hour.....£106 :Sad:

that £106 would have been refilling my lpg tank after newark :cry:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Its nice knowing that the cambelt has been done. :Smile: The horror stories I've heard over the years about the damage caused when they go :Eeek: I wouldn't need the expense right now. Putting it off has to be a false economy. i've no idea if you have had a good deal, I always write cheques to garages with eyes full of tears, then my brain blacks out the terrible experience and in the morning I remember nothing:Smile:

Ahh the power of whisky :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

Many garages will not take cheques any more, plastic or cash please sir thankyouverymuchly and plastic is our preference::bigsmile:.

D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
One has to wonder at just how "full" a full service is for this price including the belt and tensioners and MOT. Here's a rough breakdown of some costs:

Service parts (oil, oil filter, air filter fuel filter) £70 approx.
Labour for service, min 2 hrs @ whatever labour rate but few garages can afford to charge less than £35 plus VAT.
MOT, at least £35 but could be up to £55?
Belt and tensioner kit, last time I checked it was about £120 for a 2.8 JTD assuming that is what your motorhome is based on.
Labour to replace timing belt, from memory 1.9Hrs @ whatever labour rate they charge (see above comment).

My version of a "full" service includes removing all road wheels and inpecting the brakes, (this cannot be done proiperly by looking through the holes in the wheels in my humble opinion) which is why my "full" service takes three hours and is charged accordingly.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back