Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No not Helen !!!!

But after Newark meet and looking at the limited ways to spend money on stands i did see what i consider to be a lovely looking van although a little pricey, so i am looking for any help on this van should i look at changing or should i keep what i have? by the way this is driven by Helen saying she loves it and we should look to change i on the other hand am fine with what i have but the more i look at it the more i seem to like it as well so should i drive to Nottingham this weekend to see it again or am i just going through a faze.
well maybe i should tell you what van i am looking at its the Dethleffs Globetrotter XXL Helen thinks its suits me and my appearance (dont know what shes going on about there)
any advise would be great

thanks

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
My advice if your not 101% sure and you dont seem it wait a while it would be an expensive mistake, but then what do I know?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Dethleffs Globetrotter XXL Helen thinks its suits me and my appearance (dont know what shes going on about there)

thanks

Perhaps Helen is referring to the XXL bit:Eeek::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We looked at a Dethleff before we bought the Burstner. Personally I think the Dethleff has the edge on build quality. It was only the layout that stopped us rom buying.
If you can afford it buy it now and enjoy it.

Andy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Just to echo what others have said Carlos,

Nice van, but, if your having to ask the question, you probably don't want it enough. :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Nice van Carl. :thumb:

Like most things, they loose most of their value in the first 2 or 3 years, how much can you get the same van a year or two older. :Smile:

If Helen wants it, and you can afford it, ::bigsmile: buy it, you only live once. :thumb: Bob.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
No not Helen !!!!

But after Newark meet and looking at the limited ways to spend money on stands i did see what i consider to be a lovely looking van although a little pricey, so i am looking for any help on this van should i look at changing or should i keep what i have? by the way this is driven by Helen saying she loves it and we should look to change i on the other hand am fine with what i have but the more i look at it the more i seem to like it as well so should i drive to Nottingham this weekend to see it again or am i just going through a faze.
well maybe i should tell you what van i am looking at its the Dethleffs Globetrotter XXL Helen thinks its suits me and my appearance (dont know what shes going on about there)

thanks

If you are having a phase then go with it and enjoy it while it lasts, if it is a phase common sense will kick in at some point. You mention you consider it pricey - so is cost a major factor. You don't say how much better it is than the one you have nor how often you use your mh. If it is only for a few weeks a year and the odd weekend then is it worth tying up all that cash? If you are going away for 3 months touring Europe and it is considerabley more comfortable than your present van then perhaps it is worth looking at.

My MH is 13 years old is the layout I like and would cost £thousands to upgrade but offer me very little more than what I already have so I feel at the low mileage it is worth hanging on to what I have and keeping it regularly serviced and use my cash for other things.

Only my thought but if it helps you are welcome.

Norman

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
some good advice will give it some deep thought

If it is only for a few weeks a year and the odd weekend then is it worth tying up all that cash? If you are going away for 3 months touring Europe and it is considerabley more comfortable than your present van then perhaps it is worth looking at.
and i do not plan on going away for months at a time me i am not sure helen love the layout and thinks its got more room and i love the rear garage think will call dealer.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My view for what its worth I dont think the new van has more than what you have already, certainly not for the kind of money asked
Id go for an A class tag axle
The wee Geordie lass has said what she thinks
So why are we debating it:Doh: we all know what's going to happen don't we Carl:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back