Stable doors (1 Viewer)

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Are there any MH out there that have stable doors? I like the idea of being able to let fresh air in and also keeping the dog in!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Sue

This is something that was very popular a few years ago, but for fashion and security they are easier to open they seem to have vanished, shame as we liked ours for the same reason. I think it's called progress.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Are there any MH out there that have stable doors? I like the idea of being able to let fresh air in and also keeping the dog in!

Aren't they called Horse Boxes? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Me too, I have got them on my 1986 Autotrail the JR still manages to jump over the lower door and escape :Eeek:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
We had them on a previous van, only problem we found was when we left the top open friends would come up and lean on the lower door and bend the hinges, any others had that?

Nick

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ours doesn't have stable doors but it has a flyscreen panel which can be left closed whilst the door is open, achieving the same effect of fresh air and dog-stopper.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
We would love it too, I think that I read somewhere that due to H & S or something like that you cant have a split door on a motorhome due to being in the vehicle when driving along, however caravan can still have them as they are a separate container.

Don quote me on that, if anyone can find out that it can be done let me know, as I am about to go ahead on building a truck ourselves and would like to have a split door of sorts, although security might rule it out.

Pat

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We would love it too, I think that I read somewhere that due to H & S or something like that you cant have a split door on a motorhome due to being in the vehicle when driving along, however caravan can still have them as they are a separate container.

Don quote me on that, if anyone can find out that it can be done let me know, as I am about to go ahead on building a truck ourselves and would like to have a split door of sorts, although security might rule it out.

Pat

Hi Pat, there is no reason why a stable door should be any less secure, and with an extra lock it will probably be more secure:thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
It just seems not available on the newer vehicles the only ones that I have seen are action mobile which has the top third that lifts up like a window.

Yes Jim, I get your point, the door we was looking at has at least a three point locking bar system that goes into the floor and roof too.

Pat

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
like this

http://www.actionmobil.at/page9/page9_files/page5-1043-full.html