Cheap Quality Camping on Costa Blanca (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have been speaking to Raimon who took an advert with us last week for his new campsite, I thought it was a revamp of an old site but its not, its a brand new site They have built 1500 pitches ranging from 90 to 180 square meters, so they can take large RVs as well.

The site has been in development since 2007 and he sent me some links.

Here you can see a video filmed on Wednesday about the building site: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NNFZseSKhg[/ame]

Here a photo gallery of the works: Link Removed

On our website you can see the site plan too Link Removed

Anyway, the upshot is that Raimon will give Funsters 30% of the regular fees; so a Funster wanting to spend a full 6 months wintering there it would only cost €210 Euros a month:Smile:

http://www.marjalcostablanca.com/en/

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Just as an observation, the satellite view shows all the pitches already there and overgrown with no buildings. I suspect your original assumption was correct, and it is a renovation project. Not that it is a bad thing, only an observation.

will be interesting to see what it is like when finished. how does the long stay price of 245 euro per month long stay compare with other places?

David

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Could well be, maybe they put the pitches in first back in 2007.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
i just want you to answer my messages re getting my hands on a sticker over here in Spain !:Smile:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
The regular fees for 6 month camping is €245 so a 30% discount would be €73.5 meaning a monthly price of€171.50 wouldn't it???

Bryan, As I see the price on the web site the €245 per month price is the offer price if booked before Dec 2011, but for Motor Home Fun to be given a member only offer of €210 per month is fantastic and if used for 6 months will save you €210 :Eeek:

We are currently on the sister site Camping Marjal and paying €447 per month on the 5 month stay tariff. :Sad:

Guess where we will be heading for next year or sooner :Blush:........Thanks MHF :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The regular fees for 6 month camping is €245 so a 30% discount would be €73.5 meaning a monthly price of€171.50 wouldn't it???

30% of the regular rate is €210. I think that the €245 is the regular rate less 20%, can't be sure because my maths is terrible, but €210 is right as this is the figure in an email I received.

...we can offer funsters our club discount which is 30% off all regular rates for bookings made before the opening date 15/12/2011
For instance, for bookings of 6 months or more on a 90m2 fully serviced pitch would cost 210 euros per month.
Sounds good to me:Smile:

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Dear Funsters, I'll try to answer all your questions posted here

Just as an observation, the satellite view shows all the pitches already there and overgrown with no buildings. I suspect your original assumption was correct, and it is a renovation project. Not that it is a bad thing, only an observation.
David
I confirm that the site is a brand new project, no renovation, everything is new. The satellite pic shows the plot division, with trees. This was the first thing to be done when the works started. But as you say, there were no buildings, now there are, as you can see in the video Jim posted.

I presume the date on the video clip at the begining is a mistake. 2001?
Yes, you are right, my mistake! I filmed, edited and uploaded the video the 28/03/2011 but typed the date too fast and didn´t realize.

Bryan, As I see the price on the web site the €245 per month price is the offer price if booked before Dec 2011, but for Motor Home Fun to be given a member only offer of €210 per month is fantastic and if used for 6 months will save you €210 :Eeek:

We are currently on the sister site Camping Marjal and paying €447 per month on the 5 month stay tariff. :Sad:

Guess where we will be heading for next year or sooner :Blush:........Thanks MHF :thumb::thumb:
Mick! I find you everywhere! and yet you are right. There is now a 20% pre-opening offer for everyone, but funsters (subscribers) get a 30% instead of the 20%
I can also confirm, precisely, the opening date which will be the 15th of December 2011, The campsite should be finished one month earlier, but we want to check everything well before opening.
PD: Mick we´ll be at the the campsite tomorrow afternoon, are you still up for that coffee? ;)

Please feel free to ask any questions about the site. We will make photo and video updates on a weekly basis (more or less)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi guys i am at a loss, what am I to answer?

I think David and Anne think you are ignoring them. See first page of the thread. Something about a sticker...:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Looks like a good deal, but that price is for there standard plot, anyone with a bigger unit might have to upgrade to the bigger plots which work out to be more cost.

1500 seems like a big site to me, and 15k from the beach would mean that you need extra transport.

For those who do this regularly looks like a good deal, but dont know if I want to commit to 6 months though.

Pat

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like a good deal, but that price is for there standard plot, anyone with a bigger unit might have to upgrade to the bigger plots which work out to be more cost.

1500 seems like a big site to me, and 15k from the beach would mean that you need extra transport.

For those who do this regularly looks like a good deal, but dont know if I want to commit to 6 months though.

Pat

Hi Pat, ask for a shorter deal, I am sure while they have empty pitches they might do something. I know the area but not in winter. Would 15km inland be better winter weather or worse? I have no idea, I'm sure someone will know.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Is anyone passing this area some time in the year could check it out, and maybe post a progress report, sounds tempting.:thumb:

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi Guys,
I've stayed at the original Majal and the "average" costs were about €300/month plus electric. Trouble was they are geared for long stays and to get the "average" you NEED to stay for 6-7 months. This is because 1st month is €480, then €420, then €380 etc until the 7th month is free, therefore the average is €300 (my figures may be out a little but you get the gist, Old Mo et al may chip in with the correct ones).
So the question is what is the cost from this new site if you oply want to stay 2 months, I know what my guess would be, expensive.
Also at the time I was there they were ACSI registered but would not live up to the €15/night standard cost, I think they have dropped ACSI now.
On the plust side it is/was a very upmarket site and if the price was right I would probably stay there again.
JK

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Is anyone passing this area some time in the year could check it out, and maybe post a progress report, sounds tempting.:thumb:

Carol, On another Motor Home Forum that has a similar title to FUN Raimon has promised to give weekly up dates by way of a video film.

Jim's opening post in the thread titled Cheap Quality Camping on Costa Blanca contains their latest film, the date shown is 2001 and should be 2011 and the camera man was on steroids :roflmto: but Raimon has promised the next footage will not be as jumpy.

Mick

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Guys,
I've stayed at the original Majal and the "average" costs were about €300/month plus electric. Trouble was they are geared for long stays and to get the "average" you NEED to stay for 6-7 months. This is because 1st month is €480, then €420, then €380 etc until the 7th month is free, therefore the average is €300 (my figures may be out a little but you get the gist, Old Mo et al may chip in with the correct ones).
So the question is what is the cost from this new site if you oply want to stay 2 months, I know what my guess would be, expensive.
Also at the time I was there they were ACSI registered but would not live up to the €15/night standard cost, I think they have dropped ACSI now.
On the plust side it is/was a very upmarket site and if the price was right I would probably stay there again.
JK

Hi John.... How are you both?

You are about right with your working`s out.... only cheap if you are prepared/want/can stay for a few months...

I`m sure there are others that work out a bit cheaper, as you have found...

But saying that it is a very well run and clean site.. :thumb:

And when finished and if they cap their prices to a sensible price the new site will I am sure be as good as the original, time will tell. :RollEyes:

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No

Pat

Hi Pat, there will be a regular bus line linking the campsite with Catral and Crevillente with a bus stop 100m from the campsite, and also there will be a campsite-beach bus shuttle operated by the campsite. But the town of Catral is just 1 mile away from the campsite, Crevillente is 5 miles away.

Hi Guys,
JK

Hi Jack, you can all check our rates here Link Removed Funsters get a 30% off standard rates for bookings made before the opening date 15/12/2011 (Bungalows are not included in offer) no matter if you stay for a day or for the whole year you get the 30% off but only if you book before 15/12/2011. You can now reserve and choose your pitch, you don´t need to pay anything in advance :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Personally, I think it is too far from the coast.. I prefer sites where you can walk/cycle to a beach and small town .. you would need a toad on this site.

Also.. not included in the tariff is EHU .. this is metered at 35cents per kw.. (you need to download the tariff pdf to see this. )

Peak season is €40 to €60 + Leccy (depending on size of pitch, number of kids, extra car , dog ) ..

Long term winter costs are good... but so too are many other sites in better locations.

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Personally, I think it is too far from the coast.. I prefer sites where you can walk/cycle to a beach and small town .. you would need a toad on this site.

Also.. not included in the tariff is EHU .. this is metered at 35cents per kw.. (you need to download the tariff pdf to see this. )

Peak season is €40 to €60 + Leccy (depending on size of pitch, number of kids, extra car , dog ) ..

Long term winter costs are good... but so too are many other sites in better locations.

Dear ScotJimland, It is 15km away from the coast, but you can cycle/walk to many towns and villages.

Catral 1,5 km away - Population 10.000
San Felipe Neri 1,5 Km away - Population 568
San Isidro 2,5 km away - Population 1.700 (with a train station)
Albatera 5 km away - Population 11.800
Dolores 5,3 km away - Population 7.400
Crevillente 8 km away - Population 30.000 (train station 5 km away)
Elche 18 km away - Population 230.000

El Hondo nature park is just 1 mile away too, and cycling paths to link the campsite with the nearby spots are being built. Also, the campsite will have a bike rental service.

And here the latest pics from the campsite, taken yesterday: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25413&id=103950389679671

Coming soon: the video!

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
And here is the video!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVvojhOPBZc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVvojhOPBZc[/ame]

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Fabulous pictures of a Spanish building site! To much detail of how the buildings are constructed but nothing about the pitches and their proposed facilities.

We would stay that far inland. We are less than 200 meters from the sea as the crow flies but we cannot see it. We only know it is there when it gets rough. We had a pitch on the beach but moved when the sea got to within 3 metres of the van when it was rough. However it sounds like a bells & whistles resort site which is not to our taste. We prefer quieter preferably naturist sites.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I too looked at those pictures, and wondered what exactly they were telling me about a CAMP SITE.....?

Precisely nothing I'm afraid.

Then I looked at the title of the thread, and thought to myself.....I can have CHEAP, or I can have QUALITY, but I know I can't have both at the same time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back