frosty

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
worthing
Funster No
MH
motor home
Exp
hello everyone i have a electrolux 3way fridge im not sure of the model but think it might be a RM4401? it doesn't have the view glass to see if the flame is alight,it only has the electronic ignition.the fridge has been really good until the last few trips,12volt is good,hook up on 240 its excellent and gas has been excellent,but now i come to put it on to gas i turn the gas on and switch the electronic ignition on and i can hear it light up the gas but the ignition keeps sparking on and off?some times its only flashing every few minutes and some times faster,some times its flashing continuously like i havnt turned the gas on,i have tried getting any air out by turning on the cooker ect but still the problem,if you have any info thank you:thumb: regards simon

OP
OP
F

frosty

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
worthing
Funster No
MH
motor home
Exp
Hi and welcome to the forum. I wonder did you remember to take the winter covers off the vents?
hi i didnt even no the vents had a winter cover for the fridge i have just been out to my van and the fridge vent is open but where the heat comes out of the grill it does have a cover over that little part of the grill but i have never taken it off be for but i will try it now,thanks for info and will let you no

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

frosty

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
worthing
Funster No
MH
motor home
Exp
no i tried again and again i could hear it light the gas but the red flashing light is still flashing all be it its flashing slower than when the gas is off.i have loads of gas and vents are clear.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
no i tried again and again i could hear it light the gas but the red flashing light is still flashing all be it its flashing slower than when the gas is off.i have loads of gas and vents are clear.

sounds like the burner needs a service/cleaning, also check that the thermocouple point is in the hot part of the flame.. (tip of blue flame cone)

if that doesn't resolve it then suspect a faulty thermocouple, easy and to replace ..

if still not resolved faulty ignitor board ... change.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

frosty

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
worthing
Funster No
MH
motor home
Exp
hi yes i think a service is the order of the day,would anyone no of anyone who could do the job for me in sussex.and not likely to rip me off lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
sounds like the burner needs a service/cleaning, also check that the thermocouple point is in the hot part of the flame.. (tip of blue flame cone)

if that doesn't resolve it then suspect a faulty thermocouple, easy and to replace ..

if still not resolved faulty ignitor board ... change.

We had similar problem in France last year-a French technician said it was the gas valve and got it working with a sharp tap on the valve body from a rubber handled screwdriver.
It packed up again after we got back and our local guy gave the burners a good clean and service. So far it's been ok :Smile:

Mike.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back