Truck Stops (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
That'll be the Potters Bar Truck Stop stayed there a time or two when I was an HGV driver...I would have thought not the best place to stay overnight for a Motorhome as the truck driving fraternity may get a bit upset if there were Motorhomes in somewhere and no room for them..I know I would comment on it!! especially as most councils have shut the lorry parks so the HGV boys need to park safe for the night..But still if needs must!!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yup used em with great results 3 times now
They'd better not argue with a couple of 37 foot Rvs, one with a trucker driving it
Thats when i discoverd what a hard life Tony Santara has had, having to use these truck stops
Cafes with full English, late suppers Bars that close at 2 am, hot showers on tap hook up if you need it
A hard life, no wonder he didnt retire till he was 95:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Bill (Tick59) was telling me at Newark that they have used truckstops. Mind you, he is a HGV driver so he knows the good ones :Smile:

There is also the Highways Agency Link Removed which replaced the printed book they used to publish a couple of years ago.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Shiftzzz

I have not stopped at a lorry park but I have parked up with lorries believing in the theory there is safety in numbers and they know the safest spots.

All went well until about 5.30am on a cold morning when the drivers started their engines to warm their cabs before having breakfast and setting off.

Needless to say I was not wanting an early start I was on holiday......... good idea provided you can sleep through the noise.

Norman

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never used one but i can imagine the annoyance when a reefer pulls next to you in the middle of the night and has to leave the reefer compressor running.
dont forget, these guys are used to the noise and it probably doesnt disturb them.
you, on the other hand, may wake at the drop of a hat and a compressor engine running for hours on end means you dont sleep. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Couldn't hear the compressors John, over Tony's snoring in the next Van, might have been Ruth though:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back