Good deal on KTM Duke 390's just now. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I think this comment from MCN says it all about this bike and I bet it weighs a ton. Prefer the Dukes for their light agile handling, Honda have lost their way when it comes to what bikes are all about.
2E7AED8F-44E3-4252-9FD7-E5883C8A6CA8.png
View attachment 282409 Have to say I rather like the look and performance of this beauty.View attachment 282409

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Generally speaking those who have tested the 500 and 750 have said the 500 is nicer and no slower.

Interesting that Brian, I was chatting with a guy yesterday that had sold a Blackbird and bought the 750 and he loved it, I think I could just squeeze one more into my little nest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Interesting that Brian, I was chatting with a guy yesterday that had sold a Blackbird and bought the 750 and he loved it, I think I could just squeeze one more into my little nest.

The motto is - give both a good ride. The 500 is like riding a 125 with decent torque. Mine is begging to visit the Nurbergring this year. There are two reasons to be on it, try and kill yourself or plod round imagining Moss and Fangio thundering past with hundreds of horsepower and tyres little bigger than the bike's tyres. The reality is it will be a Porsche 911 going past like a jet fighter.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Still 257 miles and booked in for its first service! :D

Ideal weather for a ride? Just thought I'd remind you :D2

Been out twice on mine this week... And Ann's been on the back, she liked it (y)
Only went slow, I get squeezed if the engine revs or speed creeps up :ROFLMAO:

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Well that’s the first service done after 15 months. (y) Still at 257 miles! :D2

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Why are you keeping it?
Serious question :)

I bought it in December 17 when they were on offer purely to go in ( and stay permanently) the garage of my motorhome. It’s there if I ever need transport if I can’t get my Burstner Elegance to where I want to go when I’m out and about. It didn’t get used last year because my sister was dying from cancer and any time off from work I had I was used going to see her instead of a holiday. :( Sadly she has gone now so it will get used a bit more this year. I’ve just returned from 10 days holiday in north west Scotland and Orkney but didn’t use it there because it wasn’t dry when I was there. I DONT use any of my 5 bikes in wet / damp weather. :D I actually hired a small car for 2 days when I was on Orkney! :D2
The 390 is the perfect size and weight to “ live “ in the motorhome. I’m single so don’t need anything more powerful cos there’s only ever me on it. (y)
I have a BMW GS to go touring on if I want to go away on a bike.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Just had the Duke 390 insurance renewal through from Hastings. It's gone up from £82 to £105 ?
I rang them up after getting a £70 quote from confused.com. Now they can do it for £69 ? easy 36 quid saved ?

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
You’ll never guess what..........
yep, nearly 3 years old and still not got over 550 miles on it. :giggle:
I reckon it’ll need an MOT before its run in. :doh:

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
You’ll never guess what..........
yep, nearly 3 years old and still not got over 550 miles on it. :giggle:
I reckon it’ll need an MOT before its run in. :doh:
My new 1290 is booked in for its first service on Thursday, 2 1/2 weeks old.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I bought it in December 17 when they were on offer purely to go in ( and stay permanently) the garage of my motorhome. It’s there if I ever need transport if I can’t get my Burstner Elegance to where I want to go when I’m out and about. It didn’t get used last year because my sister was dying from cancer and any time off from work I had I was used going to see her instead of a holiday. :( Sadly she has gone now so it will get used a bit more this year. I’ve just returned from 10 days holiday in north west Scotland and Orkney but didn’t use it there because it wasn’t dry when I was there. I DONT use any of my 5 bikes in wet / damp weather. :D I actually hired a small car for 2 days when I was on Orkney! :D2
The 390 is the perfect size and weight to “ live “ in the motorhome. I’m single so don’t need anything more powerful cos there’s only ever me on it. (y)
I have a BMW GS to go touring on if I want to go away on a bike.
May I ask you on the dimensions of your Burstner garage door that you put the 390 in.
May look at one myself IF it will go in my garage (but it’s unlikely😞)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
What’s the point in having a vehicle that you don’t use ?
Especially a KTM. 🤔

what’s the point in people having classic cars they don’t drive.

Or works of art stuck in a vault 🤷‍♂️
Each to there own 😉😊

My beautiful Honda Classic race bike has been in my dining room all year, due to Covid 🙁 But at least I get to look at her🙂 (and dust her! )

IMG_20201006_100712.jpg

But I have managed about 4,000 miles on my other bikes, which is pretty good considering here in Wales we had a longer initial lock down period and are back in it 🙁

I also reckon I've done about a thousand miles split between my skateboard & unicycles this year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back