The Austrian Go Box - BEWARE! (1 Viewer)

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
A message just received into the Big Pitch Guide Office from Bob and Hazel French:

Dear Dick

A word of warning to anyone who may be thinking of going to or through Austria who bought a Go Box last year.

We have just been fined 307 euros because “the system changed on January 1st this year.”

We had 66 euros left in our Go Box from our visit last year so were not expecting a problem, but were pulled over by the Go Box inspectors.

They gave us an on the spot fine of 220 euros for not having the correct Go Box, 75 euros to revalidate the box we had and 12 euros for the distance we had travelled before we were stopped.

As we were only passing through on our way to Italy we were not best pleased!

However perhaps we can stop it happening to other people.

Yours,
Hazel

Anybody going through Austria from now on, make sure you have the NEW GO-BOX for 2011!

Dick

Last edited:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Austria is like that. In some of the mountain regions they even charge you for 'GOING FOR A WALK':cry:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Having never heard of a Go Box, please can someone tell me what one is

Thanks

Dale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Thats pretty shocking. Seems pretty unfair to me, fair enough if you were a local, you should have known but a tourist?. Think I will give Austria a miss this year.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Ah. What do you have to do if your under 3500KG then?

If you're under 3500kg you have to purchase a vignette sticker. I think mine cost about 7 Euros for 10 days. Have no intention of ever visiting Austria again - too expensive and the people are odd :whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Thats me not going to Austria in the future then. You would have thought that the jobsworths would have realized a genuine mistake and acted accordingly. Would have been cheaper to have driven around Austria to Italy:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back