Anyone in the market for the new iPhone 12 (1 Viewer)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Sorry I refuse to pay stupid money for phones, I purchased a car for less than the new Iphone and its still going strong 4 years later.
So is my iPhone 7📱 going well, you don’t have to change them until they are no longer serviceable my iPhone 7 will still go for another 3 years.

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
So is my iPhone 7📱 going well, you don’t have to change them until they are no longer serviceable my iPhone 7 will still go for another 3 years.
I have never spent more than £150 on a phone and never will, its just my principle, each to there own. I was just making an example that I would prefer to spend £1000 on a car rather than a phone that can take fancy pictures and has night vision or what ever it does?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I have never spent more than £150 on a phone and never will, its just my principle, each to there own. I was just making an example that I would prefer to spend £1000 on a car rather than a phone that can take fancy pictures and has night vision or what ever it does?
Each to their own I guess and understand why you may not wish to but for some the benefit of an smart phone that links in to the ‘eco system’ of my computer entertainment system, plus emails lighting and home security, video calling when I am out and about etc has a value I am willing to pay for. If you just make calls and texts I would be the last to knock it.

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Each to their own I guess and understand why you may not wish to but for some the benefit of an smart phone that links in to the ‘eco system’ of my computer entertainment system, plus emails lighting and home security, video calling when I am out and about etc has a value I am willing to pay for. If you just make calls and texts I would be the last to knock it.
MY £120 at the time Motorola does all of the above, I also use it with my video security, So its not that I dont applaud new technology, I just dont agree wiith the ridiculous prices that they are fleecing the public with into buying them.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Supply and demand for a great product. Some can see the difference and are willing to pay for it. I had an uncle who was tone deaf, couldn’t understand why I spent a lot on my sound system. Every time he visited I had to put up with him telling me why you don’t need to spend more than £100 on one. I could never understand why he had to go on about it, I didn’t feel the need to ridicule his rubbish system.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
MY £120 at the time Motorola does all of the above, I also use it with my video security, So its not that I dont applaud new technology, I just dont agree wiith the ridiculous prices that they are fleecing the public with into buying them.
Quite, don't see anything in that list that any two years old android couldn't do.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
To me it's little different to kids wanting flash trainers to show off to their mates. If people have the cash and want to spend it why not after all whats the point in something like a personal plate on a car or lots of other things people spend on. Just not something that interests me.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Quite, don't see anything in that list that any two years old android couldn't do.
You would need an android Enviroment to do everything I do with an Apple Enviroment. I chose the ‘ecosystem’ and happy with it

Unlike Google, Apple does not resell data, when you use google/android all your data is subject to analysis. It’s fine if you are happy about that. My search engines are duck duck go my browsers are safari and Firefox. I would not go near Chrome or android.

if you are happy for big data to harvest everything about you carry on. I’m not going to convince anyone otherwise.

Apple products in the main give good service life and are stable. Each to their own and some android devices are similar cost to Apple.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Erm the Samsung Galaxy note 20 starts at £849

Galaxy Buds are £179

Apple air pods are £150

You pay your money and take your choice.....
Don't go spoiling this with facts :giggle:
I could add I've never had to have any of my iPhones repaired and they have served me impeccably, which is why I will buy the 12. Because of their reliability I have been able to skip quite a few of the later models whilst I waited for the 5g version so I'm looking forward to a few of the newer enhancements.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Don't go spoiling this with facts :giggle:
I could add I've never had to have any of my iPhones repaired and they have served me impeccably, which is why I will buy the 12. Because of their reliability I have been able to skip quite a few of the later models whilst I waited for the 5g version so I'm looking forward to a few of the newer enhancements.
Absolutely, I have had a battery replacement on my phone the battery dropped to 78% and it was £48 to replace which isn’t bad I could have left it but I reckon I may get another three-four years out of it. The Macs we have had have all been solid and whilst cost more than the Microsoft based ones have lasted a long time in comparison.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My nephew has free I phone upgrade on his plan. rarely ever bothers to use it . Think he has an I 6 or 7 at the moment?

Jul 7, 2020
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i143
Exp
Bought an iPhone 12 Pro 512GB in Pacific Blue to replace my aging iPhone 7, that is becoming temperamental and unreliable. It’s due to arrive next Friday; I’m not sure I can wait a week! Hopefully my old phone can 🙂

Apple are even offering a trade-in on the 7. Normally I’d sell it on for more (or hand it down) but it’s past that point now.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
It’s an age thing, all my older grandkids, nieces and nephews will have one, my 6 is ok, does all I need, although a better camera would be good.

Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
The main reason I have iPhone is down to the iOS, just bought Amazon fire tablet that uses android, to me it’s awful at least until I get used to it.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Like most products types (phones, cars, houses) , they differ and appeal to different consumers who all have varying wants and appetites on bang for your buck.

“Showing off”, “they’re like children” maybe valid comments in conjunction with “I like the brand”, “integration with similar Internet of Thing products”, “chip set & memory performance / capacity” plus “ future proofing “ are all good reasons to chase or push back on new products / technology.

I’m unlikely to jump from my XS to 12 - but I’ve not done the research yet.....

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
The price that they can charge and sell these phones etc for highlights how good and persuasive the advertising people are at getting us to do or buy stuff.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I can no longer afford to pay the Apple prices so I now have an Android phone.
The 2018 SE has to go!

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Replaced my old IPhone SE with the new one a few months back .I was struggling to see the screen when using in sat nav mode. Got a good deal at £320 plus I sold my old one for £100 so not that much to upgrade. The new one doesn’t feel as well made as the previous version , but am happy with the upgrade

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
After four years using my cheap but reliable Motorola G4 I splashed out on an Oneplus 8 pro during lockdown for the following reasons:
Camera cover on old phone scratched so pics blurred
Wanted a future-proof 5g phone
Money normally spent on pubs needed to be spent :giggle:

But the main reason is I wanted a phone with a camera good enough to replace my DSLR camera, it was too bulky when out hiking and took up a lot of space in a van used by two for full-timing. I could have waited for the more affordable version to come out (Oneplus Nord) or the Xiaomi Mi10 lite but needed a lockdown pick-me-up. Very happy with it

Deleted User
After four years using my cheap but reliable Motorola G4 I splashed out on an Oneplus 8 pro during lockdown for the following reasons:
Camera cover on old phone scratched so pics blurred
Wanted a future-proof 5g phone
Money normally spent on pubs needed to be spent :giggle:

But the main reason is I wanted a phone with a camera good enough to replace my DSLR camera, it was too bulky when out hiking and took up a lot of space in a van used by two for full-timing. I could have waited for the more affordable version to come out (Oneplus Nord) or the Xiaomi Mi10 lite but needed a lockdown pick-me-up. Very happy with it
Hope you like the OnePlus, I have a 3 and supervision has a posh 5 - both fantastic bits of kit for the money.

Reactions: SMB

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back