Fulltiming vehicle-we know its out there but which one? (1 Viewer)

coolasluck

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,i am currently looking for the right setup for fulltiming in,and so are looking around for the model that we want.We want an A-class primarily with a fixed rear bed with under the large garage that would allow us to store our pushbikes in.
We also need a separate shower and would like either 2 bench sits for our lounge or a L -shape configuration.
We have been looking at hymer,burstner,frankia and nieaman and bischoff as we believe that these are great quality.
I am discovering that finding the models that would suit us best and a manufacturers layouts are hard to find,although i have found the hymer layouts as on the deepcar site.We do like the hymer s700 however we always seem to find the ones for sale that have the fixed table and benches which we dont want,and we also feel that it is a tad long .
Can anyone tell me somewhere where we can have a gander at the layouts mentioned as above,and reccomendations of motorhomes that fit our criteria?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
may I be the first to suggest the Peterborough Show ?

Also have you looked at the Itineo range?

There are several other models/makes like Rapido, Pilote, Hobby, Euromobile? that are also extremely well built.

For me though, who has about given up looking, and staying with what I have for another year or 2 It would have to be a Frankia. :Blush:

Im simply in love with them....

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi all,i am currently looking for the right setup for fulltiming in,and so are looking around for the model that we want.We want an A-class primarily with a fixed rear bed with under the large garage that would allow us to store our pushbikes in.
We also need a separate shower and would like either 2 bench sits for our lounge or a L -shape configuration.
We have been looking at hymer,burstner,frankia and nieaman and bischoff as we believe that these are great quality.
I am discovering that finding the models that would suit us best and a manufacturers layouts are hard to find,although i have found the hymer layouts as on the deepcar site.We do like the hymer s700 however we always seem to find the ones for sale that have the fixed table and benches which we dont want,and we also feel that it is a tad long .
Can anyone tell me somewhere where we can have a gander at the layouts mentioned as above,and reccomendations of motorhomes that fit our criteria?

Hi there. You can see Burstner layouts here: Link Removed by clicking on each model and then selecting 'floor plans'.

I went for an Elegance i821 (older model with bit different layout to that shown on the Burstner site) which seems a very 'workable' layout for fulltiming. I did take out the huge fixed table tho' and swapped it for a folding one that I can store out of the way.

Good luck with your search! :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Given your layout preferences, in the Hymer range I would look for one of the following:

B644G, B614, B680 Starline (these are all assuming 2000 - 2006 vintage).

Philip

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time

We have the Hymer S700 (1992) Fixed rear bed and Captains table layout. There is the other option with the U-shape rear lounge but that sacrifices a good amount of the boot to a foot-well in this area.

Peter Hambilton at Preston has modified some of these fixed table models so that the table folds down. (Pictures on his website) Personally I like to have the table and when I am not eating the lap-top lives on it.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
something like this may fit the bill Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A make not to dismiss is the Hobby.
German made, very high quality and something most people miss. They are usually a couple of inches wider than most other makes.
No idea why but when we had our Hobby it made a difference that was noticed :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
one thing to bear in mind with an A class is you could have a lengthy wait should you break the windscreen some are quite common but none are just as simple as pop down to autoglass for a replacement generally its order it from the manufacturers and wait for delivery in some cases up to 6 months to get hold of.

we looked into this before settling on our fiat fronted one for full timing as the windscreens are easy to get hold of.

OP
OP
C

coolasluck

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for the reply guys,i should point out that i am looking to spend no more than 25k:RollEyes:
I am also keen to try to keep to about 7 metres.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back