Anyone driven from Bulgaria through Serbia to Croatia ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
As per the title! I'm looking for up to date information on road conditions and best route as I'm hoping to do Greece next year and would like to drive back up through these countries.
Thanks in advance.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Hey Phil, My brother has once a year driven to Serres in Greece using routes through Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria without issues, other than breaking down in Bulgaria. After waiting two days for the RAC to repair/recover him he sorted it out himself. He said the roads were ok, as they were mostly for our trips along the Adriatic coast through Albania and Montenegro. There are a few unusually big expansion gaps on bridges in Albania but no showstoppers, no knowledge of Serbia though.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hey Phil, My brother has once a year driven to Serres in Greece using routes through Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria without issues, other than breaking down in Bulgaria. After waiting two days for the RAC to repair/recover him he sorted it out himself. He said the roads were ok, as they were mostly for our trips along the Adriatic coast through Albania and Montenegro. There are a few unusually big expansion gaps on bridges in Albania but no showstoppers, no knowledge of Serbia though.
This could be helpful ! I'm getting mixed messages about road state when searching on the internet and I would be grateful if you could provide the route used by your brother! I could get a return ferry to Greece but this ties me to an exit date. My preference is to go one way on the Ferry and then drive out when we judge it time to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
This could be helpful ! I'm getting mixed messages about road state when searching on the internet and I would be grateful if you could provide the route used by your brother! I could get a return ferry to Greece but this ties me to an exit date. My preference is to go one way on the Ferry and then drive out when we judge it time to go.
3F4BF364-1FFB-434B-98C0-D981974E3046.png

Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
As per the title! I'm looking for up to date information on road conditions and best route as I'm hoping to do Greece next year and would like to drive back up through these countries.
Thanks in advance.
Just driven through Bulgaria,Romania and Hungary few weeks ago.
I can tell you that we encountered no problems at all apart from the Bulgarian roads being very potholed all the way from the Greek border to Romania where they became much better. Border crossings were fine and our overnight stays were without incident.Would definitely recommend Romania

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back