A message from Woodside Field CL (3 Viewers)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I still can't get this website to work on my Windows laptop or my Android phone, when I click on 'Book Now' or 'Pitches' this is what I get.
Site.jpg

'Availability' shows a calender that I cannot do anything with.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I still can't get this website to work on my Windows laptop or my Android phone, when I click on 'Book Now' or 'Pitches' this is what I get.

It works on my Android phone - which has Android 11. Have you got a good connection?

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
It works on my Android phone - which has Android 11. Have you got a good connection?
I have a very good wifi connection, my phone is running Android 10 (just recently bought this), my laptop is using Windows 10 and is up to date.

This is the only site I have these issues with, all very strange.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have a very good wifi connection, my phone is running Android 10 (just recently bought this), my laptop is using Windows 10 and is up to date.

This is the only site I have these issues with, all very strange.
Just clicked on the link in the op with Android 10 and it worked super quick, I was nearly booked in before I could get out again :doh: :Smile:

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
I can try for you, I've been a member for a few years and have added new locations before. If you send me a PM (start conversation) and include a few photographs of the site plus prices, facilities, contact details such as website, telephone numbers etc and a location in Lat/Long if possible otherwise a grid reference I will have a go. They have changed their app recently and are still updating it but the facility to add a new location is still there although it is well hidden. :)
That is incredibly kind of you DBK and we might take you up on that if our next attempt fails. To be honest at the moment it seems most campers only want hard standing and electric hook up this time of year so we are considering shutting up for the winter which is a great shame as the ground is still good, the soil drains really well here. We have to put a lot of effort into keeping the place nice, surrounded by trees which are beautiful but obviously shed leaves and branches this time of year which need to be dealt with. However it all seems a little pointless for the number of guests we are now seeing. I am sure from next spring things will be different.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
View attachment 431701
Hello LesW thank you for the website feedback, can you give me some more details please I have seen a few issues with internet explorer on pc but not with an android browser. Are you able to access the site using an alternative browser maybe try Google Chrome on both devices?
Thanks for your help.
Quackers

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Hello LesW thank you for the website feedback, can you give me some more details please I have seen a few issues with internet explorer on pc but not with an android browser. Are you able to access the site using an alternative browser maybe try Google Chrome on both devices?
Thanks for your help.
Quackers
I'm using Chrome on my laptop and Android phone, that may be the issue.

When using the Samsung browser on the phone it works fine.. So I'll use that in future 👍

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
I'm using Chrome on my laptop and Android phone, that may be the issue.

When using the Samsung browser on the phone it works fine.. So I'll use that in future 👍
Thanks for the info, I am not a web designer but thought ahh well lets have a go, but making things work for every browser is hard work.

We have plenty of space available this weekend and guests can choose where to park themselves. It is really entertaining to see vans stopping and just not being able to decide where to park when they have the whole field to choose from.
Have a great weekend people.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We are still open here at Woodside Field, the ground remains good and a dry weekend is forecast. The hens have promised any bookings this weekend will be treated to six eggs free of charge. However, they do advise not to put them in your pocket with your phone, can get a little messy, ask Jim. We are close to M4 Junction 18 have a large open space, a small woodland area, and two local pubs. So if you want to chill out and kick some leaves this is the place to do it.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Evening All

Just to let you know when all this Madness ends, next year is going to be a better year. -------------

And for all you folk who like the Nutty Boys Madness are scheduled to appear at the Westonbirt Arboretum 12th June 2021 along with the Farm and Emilly Capell as support. Which just happens to be only 9 miles away from woodsidefield.co.uk. On the previous nights to that Keanne and Rag and Bone Man have also been announced. These gigs at the Arboretum often sell out I just hope they are allowed to take place, surely we will be okay by then? Tickets for the gigs will be on sale from this Friday. www.forestryengland.uk/music

So get your tickets and give us a shout if you need a friendly CL to stay at for the weekend.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
It's on our list of places to visit as soon as we can get over to the UK! Stay safe and hopefully we will be able to visit you soon.

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Evening All

Just to let you know when all this Madness ends, next year is going to be a better year. -------------

And for all you folk who like the Nutty Boys Madness are scheduled to appear at the Westonbirt Arboretum 12th June 2021 along with the Farm and Emilly Capell as support. Which just happens to be only 9 miles away from woodsidefield.co.uk. On the previous nights to that Keanne and Rag and Bone Man have also been announced. These gigs at the Arboretum often sell out I just hope they are allowed to take place, surely we will be okay by then? Tickets for the gigs will be on sale from this Friday. www.forestryengland.uk/music

So get your tickets and give us a shout if you need a friendly CL to stay at for the weekend.

It looks like you can buy tickets now just tried it but the dates are no good for me

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
It looks like you can buy tickets now just tried it but the dates are no good for me

Not to worry, I will drop the boys a line and see if they will change the date and play in our amphitheatre. :roflmto: :roflmto:

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hello folks.
Hope you are all keeping well. Just wanted to run something past you and check interest before we set dates etc. We are planning to add a new element to the CL this year which hopefully we can re open when things calm down and we have all been jabbed. On some planned weekends we will put up a Digital Scalextric Track for the racers amongst you. This is not as easy as you think and requires tactical driving ability making pit stops at the correct moment and changing lanes to overtake the other 5 cars on track, and maybe a little driving in the dark too. And for the ladies well they can join in although Mrs Quaker's will run card making sessions, great if you have a special anniversary or birthday looming that requires a personalised card. And don't forget to bring your gin always seems to be flowing around here.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hello folks.
Hope you are all keeping well. Just wanted to run something past you and check interest before we set dates etc. We are planning to add a new element to the CL this year which hopefully we can re open when things calm down and we have all been jabbed. On some planned weekends we will put up a Digital Scalextric Track for the racers amongst you. This is not as easy as you think and requires tactical driving ability making pit stops at the correct moment and changing lanes to overtake the other 5 cars on track, and maybe a little driving in the dark too. And for the ladies well they can join in although Mrs Quaker's will run card making sessions, great if you have a special anniversary or birthday looming that requires a personalised card. And don't forget to bring your gin always seems to be flowing around here.
Thats a bit sexist is it not. I might want to play with the cars . :rofl: , nearly said boys but quickly reworded it :LOL:.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Is the drink driving limit set at the same level as the national standard or do you plan site specific limits? 😉

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Is the drink driving limit set at the same level as the national standard or do you plan site specific limits? 😉
Any one caught drink driving at this event will be sent to the sin bin. And just remember when you get to the sin bin open it very carefully and then pass out the beers to the rest of us.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Well stated on the field this weekend in preparation for Return of the Funsters, that sounds like a film title. Anyway, spent a few hours clearing the wood paths and picking up all the fallen branches in the field. The chipper has been running for some time today. Hopefully we can get the mower out next week and do the first high cut, that should then get rid of the remaining leaves which will help the grass which is already shooting up nicely. Hopefully in a few weeks we can get the chain harrows out and then the roller.
And all this for £12 a night.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Well stated on the field this weekend in preparation for Return of the Funsters, that sounds like a film title. Anyway, spent a few hours clearing the wood paths and picking up all the fallen branches in the field. The chipper has been running for some time today. Hopefully we can get the mower out next week and do the first high cut, that should then get rid of the remaining leaves which will help the grass which is already shooting up nicely. Hopefully in a few weeks we can get the chain harrows out and then the roller.
Sounds like a lovely place to stay . Going to see if I can find any pictures 👍🏻

Jul 7, 2020
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i143
Exp
Here you go Swifter - Taken end of August last year. Quackers will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we were the first paying customers after they opened. The weather was superb, and due to last minute cancellations, we had the entire CL to ourselves for the whole weekend! This was also the first time we'd been away in "Beryl", so it was a double first :). It was truly memorable and we can't wait to go back at some point.

IMG_7974.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Any news on letting our feathered friends out yet ?

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Here you go Swifter - Taken end of August last year. Quackers will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we were the first paying customers after they opened. The weather was superb, and due to last minute cancellations, we had the entire CL to ourselves for the whole weekend! This was also the first time we'd been away in "Beryl", so it was a double first :). It was truly memorable and we can't wait to go back at some point.

View attachment 457393
Thank you MajorClanger we will welcome you back this year as well.

Swifter have a look at the website woodsidefield.co.uk for more photos, or ask any of the Funsters who have visited us in the past. We are now accepting bookings for April onwards and will reopen as soon as the restrictions allow to and promise to refund any Covid related cancellations.

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
We also had the field to ourselves, when we stayed on our way down to Devon.
3B677C70-BBD0-4ADA-A571-AD768011304D.jpeg

well, nearly all to ourselves😉
F438C98B-6815-4040-9FFC-B5D0C2D35D01.jpeg

We will certainly be calling in again as soon as things get moving again, we need some more of that lovely honey, and eggs of course👍

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Any news on letting our feathered friends out yet ?
No news on the Bird Flu situation I guess they will have to be locked up until the spring. Our chipper has been really busy lately we leave the woodchip for a few weeks in a trailer and then put it in the animal pen which stops all the mud, the chickens explore every inch of the woodchip looking for bugs, keeps them amused. We are still getting plenty of eggs so we must be doing something right.

Thanks for helping out with the photos Nigel L, look forward to meeting you both again on your way down South.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Been Busy in the field again today, spent hours picking up fallen branches, pretty sure the mower would have complained if I left them there. Noticed that our local wildlife have also been busy, a few rabbits have been digging and our local moles have been showing off their hill building skills. They are not going to be happy next week when the chain harrow starts running round closely followed by our new roller if it ever arrives. Hopefully in mid April we should the return of some rare creatures called Funsters, the locals here are always stopping at our gate to see if they can spot them.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just a bit worried that in April, we will be under the rule of 6 - difficult to apply when people know each other. We are also all members of a club. I will keep an eye on what the Camping and Caravanning Club do about their Temporary Campsites as opposed to their campsites.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back