LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Having returned from Newbury, sorted out the washing etc, putting off cleaning the mud and sand out of the van, Decided to go through the pile of mail that was on the door mat yesterday.

Usual selection of charity plastic bags for clothes etc, (if I filled them all I'd be walking round naked here, not a pretty sighyt !). Couple of bills, one divi cheque and a brown envelope.

Jury service, date called is Tuesday 31st May. That means it clashes with the Stratford meet I was planning on attending.

So better go into full grovel mode now and ask for a deferment. But also means I got to declare any other 'booked' weeks etc as only one deferment is allowed.

Pity really as there are some juicy cases due in the area in the early summer.

Ho Humm

Peter

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Take some of your Welsh cakes into the jury room, you'll have the other 11 jurors eating out of your hand:roflmto: Quick majority verdict and a dash up to Stratford, sorted:thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Sounds interesting Peter, you also have an alleged murder nearby don't you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I got one about a year ago, wanted to do it actually, but dad was so ill got out of it that way.

OP
OP
peter H

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Oh I don't mind doing it, Its the Third time now.

Its the timing is a bit inconvienient.

Peter

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Odds on you get an interesting one this time then. Wonder why some people get called more than once and some never get called on.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Unusual to be called three times

It is unusual to be called three times. You may want to make sure they are aware of that.

Being ex legal we do not do jury service as we can change a jury's view of the facts by using our legal knowledge.

This could be a grounds to be asked be excused.. But I think all should be required to di it.. I would love to, but no cigar.

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
peter H

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Been called three times over a period of 30 years, so not too arduous.
I enjoyed it last time, (about 6 years ago) but then it gave me 2 weeks out of the hell hole I used to call work.

Peter

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Neither Rita nor I have ever been called to jury service.

Perhaps my time in HM Forces and moving about the country, may account for not being called yet.

Regards,

Jock.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It is done at Random

It is at random selection from the latest electoral register... . Bit link winning the loto .. You can win more than once .. But three times is not normal.

If you enjoy it do it...

Bob:whatthe:

Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
I think most people are in play these days, I retired from the Police a few years ago and was called recently, sent a note to the Judge before being sworn in, she asked Prosecution & Defence if there were objections which there were not, so I sat as was required. I also noted that serving officers & Prison staff could now also sit, but possibly at another venue not connnected with their station or prison - never heard of in my service.
I am pretty certain that MP's who were exempt can now also be asked to sit at a venue outside their constituency.
Gosh how times change.

Regards

Arthur.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you know the really annoying part Peter....

you could be sat in the courthouse all week and still not set foot in a courtroom. :Doh:

feign serious illness which forbids ANYONE phoning, emailing, visiting or comumicating in any way, shape or form, then hop in the van and head for stratford :thumb::roflmto:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
It is at random selection from the latest electoral register... . Bit link winning the loto .. You can win more than once .. But three times is not normal.

If you enjoy it do it...

Bob:whatthe:

Hmm ... not normal eh? I've been called three times, too ... and ended up as foreman twice. I didn't realise I had a choice, though, slobadoberbob ... next time I'll choose the loto ! :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back