Germany/Austria August/September information sharing. (3 Viewers)

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Hmmm apparently now Scotland has been added to Germany naughty list ...I entered Germany this morning from just over the border in Luxembourg. But I left Scotland only 8 days ago . I believe I now have to get a test done but my German is terrible and I'm having difficulty finding any info in English ....I'm in trier at the minute on the Moselle ....can anyone advise or assist?
If you left 8 days ago you should be fine, it has only just been added.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you left 8 days ago you should be fine, it has only just been added.
I would agree with that.

But i think because you have been in Luxembourg for 3 days you need to test because of that. That was the score a couple of months ago, over 3 days and the Germans considered you a luxembourg resident and you had to test and isolate for that.

I l hunt some current news on the subject for you

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Northernraider

Unfortunately i think i am correct. The whole of Luxembourg from 25th sept

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Bummer. Am I allowed to say that on here? That’s my October break gone. If they impose a circuit breaker in the October holidays I’ll be ready to pack it in.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
@NorthernrI don't know how to post links from my phone, but if you Google Covid Test Trier you will get a result, possibly the 2nd one dpwn, which takes you to the information, in English, as to what you need to do. It gives a phone number which, presumably is manned by English-speakers.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I would agree with that.

But i think because you have been in Luxembourg for 3 days you need to test because of that. That was the score a couple of months ago, over 3 days and the Germans considered you a luxembourg resident and you had to test and isolate for that.

I l hunt some current news on the subject for you
I was only in Luxembourg 2 days and not in contact with anyone if that makes a difference...it was deserted

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I was only in Luxembourg 2 days and not in contact with anyone if that makes a difference...it was deserted
From memory, when it first came out it was 3 nights you had to remain there to be considered a resident and therefore having to do the test. This info was about late July/August time.
For some reason it might have only been part of luxembourg but it was the whole of luxembourg from 25th according to what i just linked you to.

If they stop you then just tell the truth. I think (it is my opinion only) you would be exempt because you left scotland before the time scotland was considered naughty, and you havent stayed in Luxembourg enough.

BUT
How long dis you stay in Belgium ? As they are a naughty country for Germany as well so it might be 2 days Belgium 2 days luxembourg means 4 days naughty country = required testing.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
From memory, when it first came out it was 3 nights you had to remain there to be considered a resident and therefore having to do the test. This info was about late July/August time.
For some reason it might have only been part of luxembourg but it was the whole of luxembourg from 25th according to what i just linked you to.

If they stop you then just tell the truth. I think (it is my opinion only) you would be exempt because you left scotland before the time scotland was considered naughty, and you havent stayed in Luxembourg enough.

BUT
How long dis you stay in Belgium ? As they are a naughty country for Germany as well so it might be 2 days Belgium 2 days luxembourg means 4 days naughty country = required testing.
Yes if I was stopped then I'd be honest where I've been ....and if I pass another testing point I'll go in for a test anyway just to be safe.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Hmmm apparently now Scotland has been added to Germany naughty list ...I entered Germany this morning from just over the border in Luxembourg. But I left Scotland only 8 days ago . I believe I now have to get a test done but my German is terrible and I'm having difficulty finding any info in English ....I'm in trier at the minute on the Moselle ....can anyone advise or assist?
Tam, I think you are correct. The website link states that it is the status of the country at the time you enter Germany not the state at the time you were there. I read that as you left Scotland 8 days ago, it is now on the naughty list, therefore you will require a test.
Likewise for your trips in Belgium and Luxembourg but at least its only 1 test and not 3 😂😂😂.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I entered Germany this morning from just over the border in Luxembourg. But I left Scotland only 8 days ago .
If the German regulations decree that you are coming in from one of their "naughty list countries", I'd self isolate for another 6 x days Tam..................................unless you are able to get a CV19 test, to convince them, (and you) otherwise. :whatthe:

Good luck. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Tam, I think you are correct. The website link states that it is the status of the country at the time you enter Germany not the state at the time you were there. I read that as you left Scotland 8 days ago, it is now on the naughty list, therefore you will require a test.
Likewise for your trips in Belgium and Luxembourg but at least its only 1 test and not 3 😂😂😂.
Tam, I have just found this information as well and agree with Bustup15 for the Scotland part, never mind the Belgian/Luxembourg part. Looks like a test and Q5/6/7 for you

Its different wording from how we deal with it in UK and the the status of the country at time of entry bit is important for Germany

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, I have just found this information as well and agree with Bustup15 for the Scotland part, never mind the Belgian/Luxembourg part. Looks like a test and Q5/6/7 for you

Its different wording from how we deal with it in UK and the the status of the country at time of entry bit is important for Germany
It's finding a test station I'm having problems with ...

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
People who come from a Risk area Entering Rhineland-Palatinate must go into quarantine. You are also obliged to report to the responsible health department immediately after your return and provide information about possible symptoms and carry out a test. The tests for returnees from risk areas are free. Trier should contact the health department on 0651 / 715-555 to report their entry from a risk area. The state of Rhineland-Palatinate operates one on the InternetInfo page about the quarantine rules.

• Test station to the Luxembourg border:
    Markusberg car park on the BAB 64, direction Trier
    Operating hours: Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Test station to the Belgian border:
    Wankelstrasse 16, 54634 Bitburg (BAB 60, coming from Belgium)
  • Test station to the French border:
    In den Grabengärten 5, 76829 Landau in der Pfalz
    IMPORTANT: Address for navigation systems: Max-Planck-Straße 14, 76829 Landau (BAB 65, coming from France)
  • Hahn Airport
    operating hours: Saturdays and Sundays, according to the flight schedule
Northernraider
I think the co ords for the Markesberg car park are below. They are the correct details for a car park of that name on 64 so best guess it is right
49.759442, 6.576661

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
People who come from a Risk area Entering Rhineland-Palatinate must go into quarantine. You are also obliged to report to the responsible health department immediately after your return and provide information about possible symptoms and carry out a test. The tests for returnees from risk areas are free. Trier should contact the health department on 0651 / 715-555 to report their entry from a risk area. The state of Rhineland-Palatinate operates one on the InternetInfo page about the quarantine rules.

• Test station to the Luxembourg border:
    Markusberg car park on the BAB 64, direction Trier
  • Test station to the Belgian border:
    Wankelstrasse 16, 54634 Bitburg (BAB 60, coming from Belgium)
  • Test station to the French border:
    In den Grabengärten 5, 76829 Landau in der Pfalz
    IMPORTANT: Address for navigation systems: Max-Planck-Straße 14, 76829 Landau (BAB 65, coming from France)
  • Hahn Airport
    operating hours: Saturdays and Sundays, according to the flight schedule
I think that one might have been the one I passed on route here ...markusberg carpark
But either way I'll drive up there tomorrow

The info is all very confusing
Screenshot_20201002-215207_Chrome.jpg

Gill and steve

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 676 starline
Exp
New this year 2020
a German on our stellplatz just told us we shouldn’t be here ! Husband explained we have been in Germany three weeks and his attitude changed but I am concerned that we are likely to get stopped more and challenged. Everyone so far has been so nice and this man wasn’t rude but it is a bit disconcerting

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
Lindau SP. 75% full. No EHU. €20!!
Parkschein includes 2 x returns on shuttle bus to Lindau Island. After a morning of torrential rain it cleared up. Bright sunshine and blue skies. Swiss Alps across Bodensee were plastered in new snow. Idyllic scene. Lindau very crowded but everybody behaving. Super meal at Hotel Engel. Highly recommended.

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Just back thro the tunnel now after 9 days in Germany. Nobody even remotely suggested we shouldn’t be there. Life just “normal” everywhere. Wouldn’t be a surprise if we were banned soon though. Locals remain friendly. Highlights just over the border were Monschau and Heimbach which were new to us as was the Eifel area. Had a Moselle dabble as well......

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Now at Canterbury P&R. We took the Brussels route. It entailed 4 hours of driving at a steady pace in the rain, a few road works and an overturned car on the Brussels ring road. It was fine for Saturday driving, but I think we'd use a different route during the week.
Marty Gilly and Pup , we must have been following each other all day🙂.
We're in the white Hymer, opposite the entrance 👍

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Ps Marty Gilly and Pup, sorry if I'm confused. My husband just told me that you'd posted that you were at Canterbury, but I've looked and can't see it 🤔.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Junkers Museum today. Obviously a very clever fellow. Aircraft were a late.addition to his portfolio, seems his early days were dominated by developing the first gas fired water heaters and radiators.
This company later taken into the Bosch portfolio.
The aircraft side is very interesting and lots of exhibits of planes and engines etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_130420.jpg
    IMG_20201003_130420.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 11
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Now on the Ferry crossing from Dunkerque. We were asked for our reference number by UK boarder controls but when I pointed out it was a long number he said that's fine, no need to quote it to me. We were the only vehicle in the car park all of yesterday evening and last night. No checks what so ever when passing through country boarders. The motorhome was given a thorough search by both French and UK customs before boarding. Lucky us, we have the whole of the Premium Lounge to ourselves. A great way to social distance.

20201004_061417.jpg

Last edited:

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
No, furthermore some German neighbours with an older van we spoke to said they take no notice of the umwelt zones and as yet have not been stopped or fined.
A couple of years ago I was heading for a campsite in Germany and I thought it might be inside the Umweltzone so I called the site to ask. The site owner said yes it is but don't worry about it, just come in from the ring road and nobody will notice. He said they only get upset if you drive right through the centre of town.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Now on the Ferry crossing from Dunkerque. We were asked for our reference number by UK boarder controls but when I pointed out it was a long number he said that's fine, no need to quote it to me. We were the only vehicle in the car park all of yesterday evening and last night. No checks what so ever when passing through country boarders. The motorhome was given a thorough search by both French and UK customs before boarding. Lucky us, we have the whole of the Premium Lounge to ourselves. A great way to social distance.

View attachment 430552
I would have been tempted to video that lounge all the way round if i were you. Probably taking 3 or 4 10 second videos showing the whole lot.

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
Why not, the Eifel National Park is a great area, lots of walking opportunities, check it out. This holiday though we have avoided larger towns as much as we can for obvious reasons, we prefer rural locations anyway if truth be told.
We drove directly from Broken Link Removed to Calais via Luxembourg, didn't really make much sense to go via Aachen and that awful section of the E40. We stopped at Monschau on entry to Germany, as previously mentioned, nice area and a nice Campsite at Camping Jone Bur

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Arrived home and a £72.50 Dartford crossing PCN waiting for me. Paid the fine and asked them to explain why my dartford account was closed which had credit in it ! Have opened another one and wait for the reply. A complete mystery ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back