carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i would like to say a big thank you to all that put a great weekend together, Newark meet was a corker, FUN FUN FUN special thanks to Pam and Nigel, ever the professionals organizing a superb meet,
Saturday in the shed was a special night one i will not forget, eating super welsh cakes, semosas, were to die for and the beer was good, ::bigsmile:

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
thank you jim & co for a really good newark fun meet. this was our 1st meet but will not be the last. we met some very nice funsters,it's amazing how every one can be so friendly. ps the bacon butties were very tasty too.:thumb:
Louis, Julie, Robert, Stuart

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We loved it too. Just got home and here I am but don't you dare say I'm addicted. Thanks to everyone who organised, ie Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian and anyone else I've forgotten. To all those who left early today, you missed a laugh at our expense as we chased Ellie around the vans a dozen times to get her on the lead to go home. She must have been having a good time like the rest of us. :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We can second that. Superbly organised and we even got to park in straight lines, somebody must have had the string line out.:winky:

Good to meet so many friendly people, although we didn't spot Road Runner until we were leaving around 5pm this afternoon (he was heading roughly in the direction of Peter H's van, although that may not have been his destination).

Jaws was just like I imagined from his posts and very entertaining in that new [STRIKE]frog[/STRIKE] of his, sorry, toad, I'm still learning the lingo! I still think him getting first prize in the quiz was a set up :Angry: even if he tried to convince us it was genuine. :Blush:

Apologies to Ivy (Loujess) in particular when she discovered I didn't look anything like Rolf Harris, I never said I did. :RollEyes:

Thanks again to Nigel and Pamala, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for a good time, we might even remember some names next time!

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Myself and Dawn had a nice day out at Newark on Saturday..and we met and put faces to names..Thanks for making us feel so welcome even though we aren't strictly Motorhomers as such..I'll second that about the Welsh Cakes!!

We only stopped for around 30 minutes and had a chat with Peter H Alan (laneside) Diablo (Dane and Hazel) and Jim but it was a very "family feel" sort of thing!!

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Thankyou everyone for a fab weekend

We had a great time, even though liitle one was poorly and my back was still playing sillys...

Was great to meet up with the funsters again and to put some faces to names of others that we hadn't met yet. Alan, Ken,Maggie,Andy Sheila, Andy Lisa , Cheyne and Lynne was great to finally meet all of you after speaking most nights in the chat room.

Chris Bill, Val , Bob, Dee, Des. Marylin, Steve and lynn and Ash , enjoyed your company as always .

And everyone else, just amazing to meet up with u all, have to say that everyone is just so friendly.

Jim any chance of anyother badge, Ben didnt get enough lol , Thanks to you and everyone for the fun quiz , the lovely bacon sandwiches this morning and putting lots of effort into making the weekend as great as it was

hope to see many of you at Misterton

Leanne and Paul x:Smile::Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We are home too now and had a good time (well I did lol) nice to put names to faces, shame saturday was so cold and windy but apart from that it was good.
Thanks to Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for sorting us funsters out with entertainment over the weekend and bacon butties this morning.
Thanks to Ash for sorting my airlock out and giving me water in the van again.

LBrown

Free Member
Dec 22, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Thank you all for a lovely weekend. Extra special thanks to maggie and reluctant bill for so much help with everthing and the loan of a) hosepipes b) engine for a jump start, c) awning thingymejig and d) step ladders! We would have been lost without you and jason thinks bill is the bees knees! Bill reminded me of the daffodils we were all given; tight little buds on arrival but lovely big beautiful blooms by the time we left on sunday! Looking forward to seeing you again soon x

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Well we arrived home after our long journey (took us about 25 mins)!!!!
Thanks Jim, sian, Pamala, Nigel, Jock & Rita for a great weekend.
At least it was dry for the weekend, although a little cold on saturday.
Nice to put faces to names.
Some of you funsters are still at newark, so have a safe journey home and see those who are going to peterborough in 3 weeks time.

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thanks Jim, sian, Pamala, Nigel, Jock & Rita for a great weekend.
the show seams to get smaller but the funster turnout gets larger:Smile:
enjoyed the bacon butties and looking forward to Peterborough

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its 5am, one more cuppa and we will pull of the pitch at Newark.:Smile: We had a great time this weekend, we met a LOT of new faces, and saw plenty of familiar ones for the first time this year. Nigel and Pamala did stirling work, :clap::clap: organising everything; naming that country:Smile: and the aeroplane race were great fun whether you took part or just watched and our unexpected spectacle of fire eating from Upmarkethippy went some way to warming the cattle shed! :Smile: Thanks also to JockandRita, all day Friday Jock ran himself ragged parking most people up on our massive pitch, I think he must have done at least a half marathon and Rita for her help with breakfast on Sunday, buttering hundreds of bread rolls. Thanks to Jaws who more than made up for not having a microphone on Saturday. ::bigsmile: Simon for his sound system (and trailer light repairing):thumb: And to all of you bought along food to share, thanks.

A particular thanks to all those Funsters, who turn up with a smile on their face, eager to chat, help each other out and just enjoy their motorhome, you were fantastic, See you at the next one:thumb:

Blue Skies
Jim and Sian

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
newark

Although we only visited for the day,it was nice to receive a warm welcome from funsters.As said so many times its nice to put names to faces,Alan and OI (sorry) i mean ken and their other halves. Also Leanne,Paul and Ben hope you are feeling better.We briefly said hello to Pammy but missed out on Geo as he was busy talking and didnt want to disturb any conversations.We arrived just in time for the bacon butties so that was a added bonus then a nice cuppa provided by runrig,Sheila and Mick.Thanks to all regards Andy&Shirley:thumb:. ps not forgetting Aba Andy hope you and everyone has a safe jouney home .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Arrived home about 12 o'clock after a great weekend.

Thanks to Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for all their hard work and organising.

Thanks to all the Funsters we met and spoke to (some for the first time) - and to all those we didn't get to speak to on that massive field - for making it a great weekend.

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Just wanted to add our thanks for all the hard work the stewards did.

We had a smashing time, meeting up with some old faces, and meeting some new ones.

See some of you at Peterborough.

Pete and Di

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Massive up and thanks to one and all who hosted the Fun lot and herded us in to a more or less orderly group :thumb:

Loved the games and sorry to anyone who happened to be looking my way when I dropped me kacks in attempt to get strange things up my trouser leg !!!!!!!!!!!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just back from Newark

:thanks2:

Thanks to everyone involved organising this great meet, particularly Jim, sian, Pamala, Nigel, Jock & Rita.

This was our first meet with the Funsters (1st of many hopefully) and it was a pleasure to meet so many similarly minded fellow members not to mention the bacon rolls.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Massive up and thanks to one and all who hosted the Fun lot and herded us in to a more or less orderly group :thumb:

Loved the games and sorry to anyone who happened to be looking my way when I dropped me kacks in attempt to get strange things up my trouser leg !!!!!!!!!!!

I've got photographic evidence of that.

Can anybody enlighten me in how to post to the gallery? I've tried it but as there is'nt a gallery in the rallies and meets section with the heading Newark 2011 I don't seem able to. Also if I do eventually find out how to, what is the optimum size for individual photos?

In the meantime here's Jaws in a state of undress - not for the squeamish.

Attachments

• IMG_0160 copy.jpg
    IMG_0160 copy.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 82

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks from us too, it was a great weekend putting faces to usernames. Alan's food n drink made to the last day. :Eeek:
A pity the weather went downhill a bit but it was dry. :thumb:
Have to say the show was poor, not many places to buy summat to flog next week at half price. :Smile:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Great weekend putting faces to names.
Met some good people. (and Scran)
Thanks Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for all the hard work that went into a good well organised weekend.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
got home safely about an hour ago :thumb:(why do slurry tankers only do 40mph on the A15 ?)

thanks to Nigel and Pamela, Jim and Sain and Jock.....hitherto known as the marshalls :roflmto:...for all their work.

nice to see old faces and meet some new ones too....though whether i'll remember them next time is a different story :Doh:

excellent new season shakedown and what few problems i had have been addressed and sorted....i hope :Doh:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Yep same from us, a big big thankyou to the organisers.

Just so nice to keep adding faces to names and of course seeing people that we met mainly at Shepton last September.

Super weekend --Alan and Lynda

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Home from Newark about 2:30pm

Thanks to everyone at the Show, warm welcomes all round certainly helps off set the bracing cool evenings etc.

Its nice and sunny in S Wales and just about 19C outside. For which this soft southern townie ia very greatful.

Cheers all see you at Peterborough

Peter

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Thank you for such a great weekend it was fantastic. I missed the evening bit due to drinking in smudgers van lol. But apart from that it was great to meet some more new faces, Maggie and Bill. Lisa and Jason. Cheynne. Andy. Jim. Alan again lol and Ken and wife and alot more and kids had a great time too thanks alot.

Craig

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Thanks

THANKS TO NIGEL AND PAMELA JOCK N RITA JIM AN SIAN FOR YET ANOTHER GREAT WEEKEND AS USUAL STEVE BEEN RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS AGAIN WAS GOOD MEETING NEW FRIENDS AND OLD AGAIN CAN T WAIT TILL NEXT MEET :Smile:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
LOL

Great weekend putting faces to names.
Met some good people. (and Scran)
Thanks Nigel and Pamela, Jock and Rita and Jim and Sian for all the hard work that went into a good well organised weekend.

PAULINE GIVE HIM A CLICK ROUND THE EAR FOR ME LOL NICE MEETING YOU :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Just arrived back home from Newark. What a great meet. It was good to catch up with old friends and to make lots of new ones. Our thanks go to the rally marshalls, Nigel, Pamala, Jim, Sian, Jock and Rita, for parking us up and looking after us over the weekend, as well as serving us bacon butties on Sunday morning.
Thank you all for making it a great meet, it is much appreciated.

Brisey & Pam.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
As already said by other funsters thanks to Pam & Nigel, Jim & Sian and Jock & Rita for all their hard work at Newark thoroughly enjoyed every minute, asnice to be able to put faces to names and meet up with old friends. Roll on Peterborough when well do it all again xx

Mick & Sheila

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We agree with all the above, what a marvelous bunch us funsters are:thumb: keen to dive in and help each other out, baking cakes and sharing food. I think Peter H must have supplied everyone with his lovely Welsh cakes.

A big up for Nigel & Pamela, Jock & Rita, Jim & Sian and anyone else invoved in the organising :thumb:

Thanks for a great weekend

Dane & Hazel & Charlie woof woof

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Yes Yes all very nice,

Now can someone post the pictures, KK asleep with a false beard. mrs Kk flashing her bits. Sundance pole dancing..... there must be some pics that we can all smile or be in shock?

ShiftZZ

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
we left Newark at 1.15pm today ,after a late night on the beer we needed to soba up a bit first ,thanks to John (Champers)for the wake up call at 6.45am thismorning but as we didnt go to bed until 3.45am we closed our eyes and went back to sleep ::bigsmile: we arrived home about 2.30pm I came in and put my feet up but poor Steve (Ash) had to go to work ::bigsmile:

what a fantastic weekend we had , it was lovely to catch up with old friends and meet new faces from the chat room , thanks to Pam , Nigel , Jim ,Sian ,Jock & Rita for making the first show weekend a good one
looking forward to seeing you all at Peterborough in a couple of weeks :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back