Paranoid about life in general (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Reading these forums have made me paranoid about everything.reading about gassing,robbing,bikes stolen,fuel rises,dogs getting poisoned.
I wouldn't ever leave the house if I worried about every thing I read on this and other forums so I am going to have white hair if I carry on so I am going to stop worrying about everything ant just do it. On my head be it.
At least I won't sit in some nursing home when I,m older and said I should have done that/!!!:RollEyes:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
the trick is to have an awareness, but not to allow that to turn in to a constant Worry.

Or Boots have a great deal on hair dye :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Reading these forums have made me paranoid about everything.reading about gassing,robbing,bikes stolen,fuel rises,dogs getting poisoned.
I wouldn't ever leave the house if I worried about every thing I read on this and other forums so I am going to have white hair if I carry on so I am going to stop worrying about everything ant just do it. On my head be it.
At least I won't sit in some nursing home when I,m older and said I should have done that/!!!:RollEyes:

"so I am going to stop worrying about everything and just do it". .
YES::bigsmile:

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Why worry.. be happy

From Wiki
Worry is thoughts and images of a negative nature in which mental attempts are made to avoid anticipated potential threats.[1] As an emotion it is experienced as anxiety or concern about a real or imagined issue, usually personal issues such as health or finances or broader ones such as environmental pollution and social or technological change. Most people experience short-lived periods of worry in their lives without incident; indeed, a moderate amount of worrying may even have positive effects, if it prompts people to take precautions (e.g., fastening their seat belt or buying fire insurance) or avoid risky behaviours (e.g., angering dangerous animals, or binge drinking).

Excessive worry is the main component of generalized anxiety disorder.

As wiki says, moderate worrying is good, it makes us take precautions..

In my experience worry is brought on by not being in control of a situation or not knowing what is going to happen.. fear of the unknown.

I don't worry about losing a bike, I take precautions or don't take it.
I don't worry about gassing, it doesn't happen
I don't worry about robbery, I fit extra security and I don't stay where there is a proven high risk thereby reducing the risk to an acceptable level.
I don't worry about fuel rises, I know I can do nothing about them.

In my experience forums inform and give us the tools to reduce or negate worry.. not add to it ..

Forewarned is forearmed ..

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Years ago an old guy paraded the streets of Norwich with a placard stating " THE END IS NIGH" , we are still here, so I will continue as an optimist. Perhaps we learn too much as a result of the explosion of the media and www communication which could fuel fear :Sad:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
the trick is to have an awareness, but not to allow that to turn in to a constant Worry.

Or Boots have a great deal on hair dye :thumb:

Nah! The trick is to be completely oblivious, park up in some rural part of France fall asleep drunk on your lounger, leave keys in ignition of the van / bike, windows and doors open. Ignorance is bliss. Chances are you the van and the bike will still be there when you wake up.

I feel quite safe when touring, the only place I feel slightly nervous is in the UK when wilding but depends where it is.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
From Wiki
Quote:
Worry is thoughts and images of a negative nature in which mental attempts are made to avoid anticipated potential threats.[1] As an emotion it is experienced as anxiety or concern about a real or imagined issue, usually personal issues such as health or finances or broader ones such as environmental pollution and social or technological change. Most people experience short-lived periods of worry in their lives without incident; indeed, a moderate amount of worrying may even have positive effects, if it prompts people to take precautions (e.g., fastening their seat belt or buying fire insurance) or avoid risky behaviours (e.g., angering dangerous animals, or binge drinking).

So that's the answer.... DAZZER, you need to worry more!!:Eeek::Eeek:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Something said to me many years ago on worry has become the maxim I have lived by ever since,

Why worry if it's going to happen it will, so what's the point in worrying about it.

If it's happened what's the point in worrying it's to late make the best of it.

For years this has stopped me worrying over needless things I have no control over.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Nah! The trick is to be completely oblivious, park up in some rural part of France fall asleep drunk on your lounger, leave keys in ignition of the van / bike, windows and doors open. Ignorance is bliss. Chances are you the van and the bike will still be there when you wake up.

or you are arrested for drunk in charge :roflmto:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I don't do paranoid, just mild worrying, enough to make me careful. Over the years I have become so much more cynical. Just love telesales calls like the guy last night from SKYNET SECURITY trying to sell me a wireless PIR intruder and fire protection package. Seemed like a bargain at a pound each instead of £596 for four. As the guy was talking about high crime levels in our area I accessed their website, £1700 for the package and £800 per annum monitoring charge.

Facts are we have virtually no crime here. He reckoned the call out time for his company was around ten minutes, interesting when their nearest control centre is 50 miles away!

Just love it.

Rgds
Bill

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Keep takin the happy pills and chill ,don`t worry take precautions,be happy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l remember years ago when we were young, we always were skint.
Sometimes we would be overdrawn at the bank and the missus would worry and l didn't. She would shout, "well someones got to worry"!, l always replied, "well you worry and see if the bank balance alters"! lt never did.
She still worries about things today and l couldn't give a jot.

Craig

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I can be cautious, but never fearful.

In Belgium I met a man pumping fuel that fluently spoke 8 languages. And drove through a whole city in tunnels.

In Holland, i bumped into a an old schoolfriend at a petrol station, who have moved over a few years before.

In Germany, I met the perfectly weird family. They were perfect in every way...and weird for having a family get together breakfast in a layby. Another frau in a service station toilet who stood all day shaking a money box for loo fees. On noticing I was english, so shook the tin and said 'Pee Pee here' I told her I would rather use the toilet, and thanked her kindly.

I also met Sour Kraut - the most miserable frau in the world, who was serving fuel.

In Czech I met a group of lads that loved Nissan Patrols, went back to their 'playground' (they trained soldiers at the site i think!) shot rifles, drove armoured cars and tanks and drank lots of Vodka and was very ill. They laughed at my alcoholic incompetence, and promised to 'Go English' to following night...So they drank lager, and ended up the same as I was the previous night.

I met a woman who looked like borats mum, rounding up wayward sheep, and helped her round them up, neither of us could understand what the other was saying, but she had a smile that spoke a thousand languages.

I played a Jacks type game with truck drivers in a layby, lord knows what they were saying, but the enthusiastically tried to teach me the rules.

The list is endless....would I have done that if I feared what may happen? Probably not - Optimist and proud of it!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back