Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Shell has just arrived home from work (Tesco) with a stack of mouth-watering Fray Bentos pies!
Yummmmmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, upon being questioned about why she bought so many, it turns out they are on a 'buy two, get one free offer!

Grab 'em while they last Folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
have you filed for divorce yet ? :roflmto:

hope your life insurance is paid up :winky:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Must get 20. The way things are going up in price they may be the only things left we can afford.:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I knew JJ had a good reason to come back to the UK, :winky: and thought it was because it's warmer here. :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I forgot to mention, but as well as being an employee, Shell is also a Tesco shareholder!::bigsmile:

Thanks for the support everyone, due to the tenfold increase in Fray Bentos sales, it looks like we are in for a bumper dividend this year!:roflmto:

PS, The offer applies to all sorts of tinned meat. I am looking forward to my taste buds being teased with a variety of spam and bully beef on Shell's arrival home today:Smile:!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You lot got no taste or finesse, tinned PIES..........................

Try Tescos Puff Pastry Steak, Chicken and Mushroom or Steak and Kidney REAL pies.

58p each or TWO for a POUND.

Very tasty.

Peter

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Shell has just arrived home from work (Tesco) with a stack of mouth-watering Fray Bentos pies!
Yummmmmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, upon being questioned about why she bought so many, it turns out they are on a 'buy two, get one free offer!

Grab 'em while they last Folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::bigsmile:

I am not quite sure as to your excitement is it the fact that Shell has just arrived home (I hope so):thumb:
or is is just she brought home some pies:Doh:
the correct answer should be posted below:ROFLMAO:

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
A lot of years ago I worked in a Food factory that made all these pies and faggots, well I never eat them nuff said

Loddy

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Her indoors tells me she loves fray bentos pies, 20 years of marriage and you learn something new every day , i,,m off to Tescos now::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A lot of years ago I worked in a Food factory that made all these pies and faggots.

Loddy

Me too..

They don't pack into tins if it could be sold in it's 'natural' state ... If you saw how reformed ham was made and what it contained you would never eat it ..

However.. some products are made not to use up scraps but to make a product that can be stored without a fridge or freezer and have a long shelf life .. tinned fruit, vegetables, preserves fall into this bracket .. and I dare say FB pies which originated in the town of Fray Bentos in S America and were packed with good quality meat for export to Europe ..

No idea if the same standard of meat is used today.. perhaps JJ can give an opinion. ?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
...No idea if the same standard of meat is used today.. perhaps JJ can give an opinion. ?

I can assure you all that if I were to actually witness the manufacture of FB pies, Sainsburys' own brand bargain sausages or the like (as Loddy has done :winky:) I would never ever, ever eat anything like it again.

Truth is... I switch my brain off (easily done) and guzzle away happily 'cos they taste so nice... :restmycase:

JJ

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Having worked (electrical contractors) in a few slaughter houses I think if everyone had to do a day in them their would be a lot more veggies:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I always feel hungry when I look at wildlife and farm animals!::bigsmile:
Oi is from the cundry thow!:Smile:

A good ole Fray Bentos saves me cartridges boy!

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Having worked (electrical contractors) in a few slaughter houses I think if everyone had to do a day in them their would be a lot more veggies:ROFLMAO:

i have visted slaughter houses on quite a number of times ( my father was a butcher, ) it is a fact of life, that we have to eat,:Doh:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Novawright is bang on.

When we were farming seriously, we had to teach the kids that the animals were not pets, but at the same time they had to be treated properly.

So various pigs got names like Wiener Schnitzel - the boars had names the sows almost never. This lunchtime our daughter produced a photo of the exception, "Colditz", having her piglets, as usual, somewhere in the woods. She could escape from anything, and did. One Christmas we once again found her in the woods, in snow, with a dozen blue piglets - but they all ended up in Tescos, or somewhere like it.

Cows were different - all named, and sheep/lambs never named.

Chickens were, well , foul...

MercManW123

Free Member
Jun 3, 2011
Essex England
Funster No
MH
Looking for a Merc Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Another vote for the £1 a pie posts.

My sister visited last Saturday and brought along 6 that she'd got at her local pound shop - all with 2012 dates - so not end of line stock. The 'Minced Beef & Veg' and 'Just Chicken' are even titled limited editions - I don't know whether to eat them or frame them!

Once these are gone, I'm holding out to see if our local cut price 99p shop starts stocking them..........after all, why pay a quid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back