Omnistor Safari Room (1 Viewer)

Northy

Free Member
Jul 15, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
I've just bought a second hand Omnistor Safari room and I understand that there is a DVD available on how to set it up, I have the instructions but they don't appear easy to follow. Either that or I'm just a bit thick.

Northy:Doh:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have an Omnistor Residence Safari room, and yes, I did get the DVD.

I could copy it for you but unfortunately I'm on tour:Cool:.

Drop Omnistor a line I'm sure they could supply you with a copy.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Don't know if this is of help but here goes..

Wind out your awning fully but leave legs down at a height you can reach easily.

Lay out the sides and sliide the poles through the tops. Try to get them correctly positioned (ie right up to the van end) as they are a sod to move once hung. :Blush:

The large fitting on the sides goes into the van next to the awning extending legs.

The round end goes into the black caps you will find at the front inside of your awning.

Th front of your safari room then slides into the groove just inside the lip of your awning facia. Do this carefully as it is easily damaged.

Now raise the legs of your awning to the right height judged by how level the sides are.

Slide up the front corner plastic jointing strips to join the front to the sides. Awning legs on the outside of the safari room.

You will have two poles with hooks at one end and a spike at the other. The hooks go through the eyelet at the van end sides, push up near to your van as possible and press the spike into the ground with your foot.

The ties at the van end of your sides go around theses poles with the padded strip to the outside.

Now fasten the fitted ties at the front corners around the awning legs.

I always pegged the inside down first as you can make sure there are no creases in the sides. Then peg the outside.

Bobs your auntie. ::bigsmile:

If I can be of further help please PM me. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, sold mine yesterday, it had been under the spare bed for 2 years.::bigsmile:

Just watched these boys at work, reminded me why we never used it much.:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See Here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1ZLxbNzMg]YouTube - Safari_Room1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D6gDG33xBs]YouTube - Safari_Room2[/ame]

:thumb: Bob.

mymary

Free Member
Mar 21, 2011
kent
Funster No
MH
hobby
Exp
2 years
Morning I am very new to all this so saying sorry for any errors or mishaps now. My husband and I were so pleased to see others have problems with Omnistor Safari room well just the instructions. Any ideas please? Really need idiots guide though...thanks Sue :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think if you watch the video Bob has posted it will help you. Have it playing whilst you are putting it up. I think it is the Omnistor instruction video that Northy was missing.

We had some trouble at first but after a couple of goes it is easy and pretty quick.

With instructions from my wife I can put it up and peg it in 30 -40 minutes.

Taking it down is worst thing though in my experience - I was never any good at folding.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We had one with our van and have only put it up once on the drive. No video only paper instructions and it took me, wife and son about half an hour (couldn't peg it) but needed a ladder to reach the top for some reason I can't remember. Haven't seen it since trying, must be in the loft. Perhaps I'll bring it to Newark for some expert help! :Smile:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We had one with our van and have only put it up once on the drive. No video only paper instructions and it took me, wife and son about half an hour (couldn't peg it) but needed a ladder to reach the top for some reason I can't remember. Haven't seen it since trying, must be in the loft. Perhaps I'll bring it to Newark for some expert help! :Smile:

If you have not had one fitted before then there are some parts that need to be screwed to the awning canopy holder to locate the side pieces that clamp the canopy to the side into.

We have one and it forced its way out of these fitting in a strong wind here in Spain.

Contact John Rose at Rose Awnings the UK importer for Omnistor and he can supply the video and any necessary parts.

http://www.omnistorawnings.co.uk/

I have just had a look at the website and he will be at the Peterborough Show.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
If you have not had one fitted before then there are some parts that need to be screwed to the awning canopy holder to locate the side pieces that clamp the canopy to the side into.

Thanks for that. I seem to remember that the ends of the side arms were shaped to match the contour of the roof line showing inside the opened canopy but there was nowhere to locate them securely.

As you say, we must have some bits missing. :Angry:

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
I don't know how to do the link thingy and there isn't an available teenager to help, so.....search roseandcompany on You Tube to get a video
demonstration of the assembly and disassembly of the Omnistor safari residence.
? is that the same as a safari room.
Anyroad, if it is, it may be useful (or, if not, I am confusing you further!)it was useful to me (with a residence room) and after a few practises it will be easy peasy.:RollEyes:

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Step Ladder?

Watching the video made me realise - we are supposed to take a step ladder with us in order to set up the awning. How many of you already do that?:Doh:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Watching the video made me realise - we are supposed to take a step ladder with us in order to set up the awning. How many of you already do that?:Doh:

We don't.

but then, my idea of doing something properly might differ from other posters.

You will always spot us with the slightly uneven safari room:ROFLMAO:

Nov 8, 2019
scotland
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
new
Help I bought a secondhand safari room and need thesmall fixing parts for the awning can find anywhere
Can anybody help please

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Help I bought a secondhand safari room and need thesmall fixing parts for the awning can find anywhere
Can anybody help please
Which parts…..? Do you have a photo or diagram of what you mean…..? :unsure:
(and the make/brand of safari room…)

Nov 8, 2019
scotland
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
new
The make is omnistor 5002 safari room
Parts N/I/L/D/S/T 2 of each thanks dave

Attachments

• 20211006_131217.jpg
    20211006_131217.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 23
Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
This is ours made Christmas in Spain most enjoyable ,when I couldn’t get my head round it spoke to John rose Rose Awnings made it simple ,till the next time?

Attachments

• WP_20171111_12_08_50_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20171111_12_08_50_Pro_LI.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • WP_20171021_18_53_18_Pro_LI (2).jpg
    WP_20171021_18_53_18_Pro_LI (2).jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 17

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.