Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
im looking for a way of only allowing 12 volt to the tv from the lesure batts amps dont matter as long as its above 80 ta ::bigsmile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
im looking for a way of only allowing 12 volt to the tv from the lesure batts amps dont matter as long as its above 80 ta ::bigsmile:

If you mean 80 amp then i think you need a rain check:cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Lack of response guess you have sorted for yourself

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi niggle,not sure what you mean but our tv is wired direct into the Ariel 12v socket :thumb::winky:
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if I am reading your post correctly you want to limit the voltage to 12v rather than whatever the battery level is so you can protect the TV circuitry. That being the case you need a 12v Regulator, not 80 amps but probably 80Watts, Maplins sell one to suit. Go and discuss your requirements with them.
If the above is not what you were looking for then please explain your requirements in a little extra detail. Personally I use a small (150W) inverter and run the TV on 240V, everything is protected then.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
see att
terry

Attachments

• SIMPLE GUIDE TO 12 VOLT LCD TV FOR MOTORHOMES.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:ROFLMAO: sorry if i was a bit short on the post,,,,i have new pilot m/h,::bigsmile: but no lead for the tv,pilot put in the tv cubard put a 12 volt cigaret plug,but they are prone to power spike,so i need a regulator to stop this ?? the tv runs on 12 volt and takes 49 watts running and 0.7on stand by but the top end tollerance is 13 volts . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: i got my watts and amps mixed up sorrry.i know muplins sell a kit but its got all kinds of stuff i dont need with it all i need is some thing to stop the power spiking above 12 volts nigel :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
:ROFLMAO: sorry if i was a bit short on the post,,,,i have new pilot m/h,::bigsmile: but no lead for the tv,pilot put in the tv cubard put a 12 volt cigaret plug,but they are prone to power spike,so i need a regulator to stop this ?? the tv runs on 12 volt and takes 49 watts running and 0.7on stand by but the top end tollerance is 13 volts . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: i got my watts and amps mixed up sorrry.i know muplins sell a kit but its got all kinds of stuff i dont need with it all i need is some thing to stop the power spiking above 12 volts nigel :thumb:

so you want to rig a battery direct to the 12v tv? yeah? so the battery only runs the TV yeah?

personally I would ignore the talk of a power spike and take my chance. Never had a problem in all my caravan/motorhome days of a TV being blown up by a power spike from 12v

GuitarDave

Free Member
Apr 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009

The tv will regulate the voltage itself. All 12v tvs are designed to do this, I've been running mine in the van for 3years with no problems.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back