Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Posted on another thread, then thought it worthy of its own.

Why is it people with onboard facilities don’t use them. Surely in this day and age 99% of motorhomes and caravans are self contained. Toilet blocks should only be for campers. One of my pet hates people walking about campsites in dressing gowns. Each to there own.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Some people are very fat, and some showers are very small
Some old farts don’t like hoses, and prefer watering cans
Some woman shed loads of hair whilst washing it, and use massive amounts of hot water

They are the reasons I can think of

But, for me

Live and let live.

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
I think a lot of it is down to how much stress it is to clean up afterwards, especially the shower. The interior of some bathroom layouts defies all logic, melamine edging just waiting to get soaked and fall off, more or less the whole area needing to be wiped down dry. I use ours every time as I hate using site facilities but I do have to clean everything down afterwards. I had a strip wash in a bowl outside the van a few weeks back, brilliant, no splashed bathroom to clean up, plus an eye candy treat for the wife :cool:

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
Why would you go to the bother of having to fill a water tank up and empty it and why wouldn't you use the facilities that you have paid for the luxury of using? Do you use the onsite toilet? I really don't see the difference. I would only use the MH shower if there was not an alternative.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005

Why is it people with onboard facilities don’t use them. Surely in this day and age 99% of motorhomes and caravans are self contained. Toilet blocks should only be for campers. One of my pet hates people walking about campsites in dressing gowns. Each to there own.
Don’t understand the dressing gown thing either.

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Why would you go to the bother of having to fill a water tank up and empty it and why wouldn't you use the facilities that you have paid for the luxury of using? Do you use the onsite toilet? I really don't see the difference. I would only use the MH shower if there was not an alternative.
I have always used the toilet and shower in all the vans I have owned. Why own a van if it is not fit for purpose.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think a lot of it is down to how much stress it is to clean up afterwards, especially the shower. The interior of some bathroom layouts defies all logic, melamine edging just waiting to get soaked and fall off, more or less the whole area needing to be wiped down dry. I use ours every time as I hate using site facilities but I do have to clean everything down afterwards. I had a strip wash in a bowl outside the van a few weeks back, brilliant, no splashed bathroom to clean up, plus an eye candy treat for the wife :cool:
We need to be the judge of that ... photo evidence required please. :giggle:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When I built ours the shower and toilet were the first things in, got to be right, then everything else had to fit round it, the main thing with ours is not to have to use showers and toilets that everyman and has dog have used before, even seconds before on sites.

Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009

You forgot to mention the Crocs. Dressing gown and crocs. Jeeves would certainly have a word or two to say.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s

How about a thread about all the apparel we don’t like to see on site?
lets start with singlets , just saying

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Do Fiamma do a bike rack mounted Tin Bath?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
When I built ours the shower and toilet were the first things in, got to be right, then everything else had to fit round it, the main thing with ours is not to have to use showers and toilets that everyman and has dog have used before, even seconds before on sites.

Why? Don‘t you like showering when you can hear men straining on the toilet, and smell their performance

🙈🙉🙊

We use are onboard facilities too, most of the time.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
No don’t worry Cary.....the dressing gown is fine for the showers, it’s an independent site.

57C94479-D03D-4690-A2E1-89D2F943F31B.png

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why? Don‘t you like showering when you can hear men straining on the toilet, and smell their performance

🙈🙉🙊

We use are onboard facilities too, most of the time.
Actually no, never been one for multiple toilets, I suppose leading a life of working on my own and not been in army and gyms and stuff, it just doesn't appeal to me one little bit I'm afraid.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Quite happy to use my van's facilities and they've been great during this Covid stuff. The convenience of the onboard toilet is the real luxury of having the van. But in a PVC they are small, and I am a bit rotund, there is also a finite water supply and I do like to get drenched when showering. If I am on a site with good and clean amenities, especially shower, I'll take a walk. But I'd never wear a dressing gown on that walk.

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
I have always used the toilet and shower in all the vans I have owned. Why own a van if it is not fit for purpose.

Who said anything about the van not being fit for purpose? You can't tell me that you can have the same shower in your van as you could in your house or in the campsite shower block.

Why go on a campsite and pay for facilities that you don't intend to use, or worse judge others for using facilities they have paid for?

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Who said anything about the van not being fit for purpose? You can't tell me that you can have the same shower in your van as you could in your house or in the campsite shower block.

Why go on a campsite and pay for facilities that you don't intend to use, or worse judge others for using facilities they have paid for?
At no point have I judged others, I just asked Why. More facilities to use on sites other than the toilet block. As previously stated each to their own.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back