Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi, off to explore Brittany in June/July and just wandered if anyone had stayed at the following aires please? (We haven't stayed on any aires yet)

Plouha (Plage du Paulas - la Palus)

Le Port De Dinan

They sound quite nice, anyone stayed and have any views on them please?

Shell
:Smile:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We stayed at both these aires last year, Plouha (Le Palus Plage) is very nice right on the beach but can be very crowded at times, a long winding lane to get there. There are some pictures on the site if you search! Port de Dinan is a sloping car park really. It is high above the river and almost under a very high bridge spanning the gorge. Dinan has lots of shops if thats your thing great for a wander round on a cold day. Lots of history but be careful how you approach as our Tom Tom was trying to fit us through very small gates in the town wall!! Try the "Rue du Jerzual" from the petit port up to the town if you feel very energetic. (Jen says some very nice shops to look in to get your breath back)

One other thing there are no service points at either aire so make sure you have water and your loo is empty. Port de Dinan is free after 7pm till 8am or four euros during the day. Pay at carpark ticket machines - we arrived earlier than that and found a number of confused motorhomers all trying to get a ticket from a machine that was broken, we gave a Gallic shrug and wandered away LOL

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We spent a couple of Days at la Paulus Plage last summer. It was very popular, but there seemed to be ample space with vans moving in and out on a daily basis. There was a Bourne when we were there for getting water & dumping your "Waste".
Nice beach and cliff top walks. Bread van calls in the morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpg
    IMG_2721.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 51

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We have also been to Plougha .. with a 36ft RV , so plenty of space to maneuver

There is a bourne and public toilets , good fishing and pick oysters off the rocks at low tide .. great Aire :thumb: and it's free !

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we spent 8 weeks touring Brittainy never had any problems getting on the aires, and we had the toad with us.::bigsmile:
In europe a lot of French and Germans seem to park where they like................:winky: Not where they are told to park.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

And we met Jim /Jan and Chaz at Plougha. :thumb: Nice photos Jim.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi shell we are going to brittany june &july also.Aires are a good c
heap way for stop overs,havent syayed on any of the ones listed,you never know i might see your smiley on site somewhere.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi, off to explore Brittany in June/July and just wandered if anyone had stayed at the following aires please? (We haven't stayed on any aires yet)

Plouha (Plage du Paulas - la Palus)

Le Port De Dinan

They sound quite nice, anyone stayed and have any views on them please?

Shell
:Smile:
hi just done some checking and it would apear that the aires at le port de dinan is now closed on safety grounds.
JohnM:cry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Pete is correct, those photos of Plouha are nothing like when we visited - you couldn't see a square inch of grass and the 'island' bit the vans were parked 2 and 3 deep, with more vans and cars parked all along the roads. 'Heaving with people' dogs and prams on the aire, on the boules court and on the beach, utterly manic. The slipway thing along the left of the beach you could hardly walk along for towels spread out with bodies sunbathing!

Not our sort of place at the time though of course had it looked like the pictures, we might have liked it.

Where is the bourne then? Dunno how we didn't see that.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Not our sort of place at the time though of course had it looked like the pictures, we might have liked it.

Where is the bourne then? Dunno how we didn't see that.

These pics were taken in September .. there was a steady stream of campers each day, but never packed.. as you can see ..

You can see the bourne in my third picture .. about 20 mt. in front of our RV ..

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
My apologies regards the borne at Plouha I do remember seeing it now after looking at Jims pics, but at the time it was hemmed in by half a dozen assorted horse boxes and a few very agitated horses that simply did not want to go back into them, it was quite funny watching them trying to load them.

Having said that I don't think that I would have fancied having the M/H anywhere near the borne while they were trying!!

No comment on the aire at Dinan other than to say I am not suprised if its closed the access is quite steep and on a bend on a busy road out of or into the town.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We stayed at Dinan last year and yes access into the aire was a little awkward. Dinan itself was lovely, you can view our photos of Dinan at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33858806@N00/
The viaduct towers over the aire and the entrance is beneath the viaduct on a sharp bend which is a steep bit of road. If it has closed maybe they have provided a replacement. I would certainly recommend visiting Dinan (and nearby Dinard - stunning) if you can find an aire nearby
Wyn

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Just had a look at Camping Car Infos, and 'our' aire at Dinan defo isn't shown. There appears to be another one at the entrance to a campsite, but I think it says not open until May. The city gate which dear ole Tom kept trying to route us through, are not as tall as our M'H. I just dunno where else you might be able to park, nowhere down by the river if that carpark here the aire was, is closed.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe this one might be of interest - 2km away

Lanvallay
Côtes d'Armor
22 100
Dinan
N 48.4542
W -2.0300

Wyn

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
The Aire at Port Dinan was pretty rubbish. Quite noisy as well. There is another one at Taden which is about 2 miles up the road down the river.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.campingcar-infos.com%2FFrancais%2Faire.php%3Fnumid%3D1126

An easy cycle ride to Dinan or an even easier scooter ride for us!

Very quiet spot and free.

If you go a bit beyond Taden down to the Rance there is a fabulous wild camping spot at 48⁰28’38.81 N 2⁰00’23.09 W

You can walk the couple of miles along the river into Port Dinan or cycle.
There is a no camping sign but nobody takes any notice. This is the view we woke up to.

Link Removed

Last time I was at Plouha was late May and there was loads of space.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back