Automatically remove threads with more than twenty replies from 'What's New' search. (1 Viewer)

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Can we automatically remove any thread with more than twenty, or even better ten, replies from the What's New search? By then they have either wandered off thread or descended into childish chatter and so called jokes. OK, I admit I am as bad as anyone else at replying for the sake of it.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Can we automatically remove any thread with more than twenty, or even better ten, replies from the What's New search? By then they have either wandered off thread or descended into childish chatter and so called jokes. OK, I admit I am as bad as anyone else at replying for the sake of it.
You can do this yourself, when you've read enough of the thread, go to the beginning and click 'Ignore Thread'.

OP
OP
68c

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Yes, I can and do click ignore but new similar threads keep on popping up. Can't keep up with it.

Edit....perhaps there is a way I can select the few threads I am interested in and follow those rather than have to Ignore the majority.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Oh no! Then we might never get blood test results or find out if people had ever recovered from their tooth/ear/back/head/knee aches, piles, boils, sore throats or hangover or photos of what they had for breakfast/lunch/tea/dinner.....................
;)

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
hurt report.jpg

Pete

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I'll just post something just to antagonise OP as it's like telling people to shut up because they've talked too long; heck, I thought I'd joined a forum that encouraged wide ranging discussions on lots of things other than just motorhomes - how boring would that be!
Jon, the only threads I don’t usually read are the Motorhome ones ! :rofl:

OP
OP
68c

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Then how about a 'What Thread is New' button, anyone looking for follow up to old threads can search as now but anyone looking for new threads won't have to wade through the rest.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I was just thinking how my grandmother was a seamstress; mother would diligently sew on any button; my children would barely understand the term thread apart from on a forum.
Does anyone else notice any changes since the 60's?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I was just thinking how my grandmother was a seamstress; mother would diligently sew on any button; my children would barely understand the term thread apart from on a forum.
I always thought that threads were your whistle and flute worn for Sunday best

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm not sure the meaning has changed. :) The origin of the word "thread" derives from "twisted". And convoluted threads are a speciality here. :)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
At my first haircut for 4 months with my regular lovely young lady I was catching up with her news and she mentioned that since she and her fiancé had not had any income during the Lockdown it had delayed their plans to get married. When I gave her the money I included a tip equivalent to the cuts that I'd missed (as I had already intended to do before going there) and got a blank look when I said: "Put what's over in your bottom drawer". Julie, her boss, had to explain 'bottom drawer' to her. (Bless :*).

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
At my first haircut for 4 months with my regular lovely young lady I was catching up with her news and she mentioned that since she and her fiancé had not had any income during the Lockdown it had delayed their plans to get married. When I gave her the money I included a tip equivalent to the cuts that I'd missed (as I had already intended to do before going there) and got a blank look when I said: "Put what's over in your bottom drawer". Julie, her boss, had to explain 'bottom drawer' to her. (Bless :*).

And that’s a great example of why we don’t stop reading at 20 posts 😁👍

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Camdoon. Does anyone else notice any changes since the 60's?

Yes we have started to use funny money 😂😂

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
You can do this yourself, when you've read enough of the thread, go to the beginning and click 'Ignore Thread'.
Well
Just got my 23rd pennyworth in before the ignore button gets pushed.👍🏼👍🏼😂😂

there’s a thread for ignoring

Broken Link Removed

quite popular with a few of us wiv no willpower :Eeek: :whistle2::doh::groan::blush::cooler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back