LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have left our booking standing and have just been told we get a tenner off next years show

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I’ve just got a full refund as my ticket could not be transferred to 2021????
Wild camping is £40 for Fri/Sat/Sun night but we have to leave on Sun so that’s £40 for two nights. No thanks so we’re stopping nearby and going in as day visitors £2.50 each.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just had an email from 'Sam Porter' on behalf of Sally I assume which starts "Hello Dave" ... who the heck is Dave????? :eek:

Anyway it says we can transfer to next year and get £10 off or cancel which is what I'll do - I emailed them previously to cancel but haven't had a response so will try the one given in the message to 'Dave'! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
For Dave it means Rodney.(y)
rodney.png

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Waitrose is closer ☺
Tillbridge lane view point is even closer. 53.293668, -0.569762. Used it a couple of time in the past.

It`s also just beyond the end of Scampton Runway. And favourite with the "Anorak" Red arrow watchers.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just had an email from 'Sam Porter' on behalf of Sally I assume which starts "Hello Dave" ... who the heck is Dave????? :eek:

Anyway it says we can transfer to next year and get £10 off or cancel which is what I'll do - I emailed them previously to cancel but haven't had a response so will try the one given in the message to 'Dave'! :LOL:
Mine was also addressed to Dave !

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
We are coming directly from Sutton on Sea. Hope we can get to Lincoln early.Try and get parked near other Motorhomefun Members. Will have Badge in window. Will call in at Tesco. May come across other members.???.

Feb 21, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
since 2004
Booked, paid, form completed, arriving friday

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Does anybody know if you can pay at the gate like normal,or is it online booking only because of Covid?

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry to say we have cancelled tickets to the Lincoln motorhome show. Look forward to next year. Just hope the situation will have improved.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Can I ask a question purely because I've been out of the loop so to speak? Am I correct in assuming that the show is still going ahead, although I'm not sure how they can under the circumstances from Monday? And if so, am I correct in assuming that there will not be a MHF camping area anymore?

Thanks,

Paul

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
We booked ages ago to go with MHF and are still going so will we be in general camping ?
Your original booking won't count. You have to make a new booking for general (or wild from the Friday). There's no club areas.
Can I ask a question purely because I've been out of the loop so to speak? Am I correct in assuming that the show is still going ahead, although I'm not sure how they can under the circumstances from Monday? And if so, am I correct in assuming that there will not be a MHF camping area anymore?

Thanks,

Paul
Bookings close next Friday. No club camping but if people arrive together they'll be parked together but socially distanced.
<Broken link removed>

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Thanks for the info, we have pre booked so our tickets would still be valid? Wonder where they will park people like us who have pre booked a club camping area if you turn up alone and there isn't a club camping area anymore?

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for the info, we have pre booked so our tickets would still be valid? Wonder where they will park people like us who have pre booked a club camping area if you turn up alone and there isn't a club camping area anymore?
If your booking is for the original show it won't count and you won't be allowed in on those tickets. You should have had an email about it to either be carried forward to next year or get a refund.
This new show is a separate booking.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
If your booking is for the original show it won't count and you won't be allowed in on those tickets. You should have had an email about it to either be carried forward to next year or get a refund.
This new show is a separate booking.
Not had an email hence my curiosity. I need to get a refund I think. Better get onto this pronto.

Thanks for the info.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
I've just looked through my emails and found this:

Hello Paul,

We are finally at our end of season event. It has been a challenging 6 months and I am happy we have been able to bring some events to you and I thank you for your support.

I write with regard to your booking for the Motorhome & Campervan Show Season Finale, at Lincoln, 25th – 27th September, to update you on the event.

We have once again worked closely with the venue and local council and we are able to continue with the show.

We will not be able to bring you the main entertainment venue. However, we can bring you a clubhouse set up in the Epic building, open Friday and Saturday evening, hosting a live singer each night. We will also look to set up an outdoor seating area outside the Epic building. There will be a bar and food area available.

Toilets will be open on this event in the general camping fields and we are looking at attracting a good sized trade area to view. There will be Elsan emptying points and water taps across the site.

Unfortunately, there will be no club or disabled areas on site.

Two camping options will be available. General camping, with Thursday arrival and facilities open in these areas, or wild camping with Friday arrival, but no facilities.

What to do next?

Do nothing!
Stay with us on your current booking and you will receive £10 off next year’s event and your Saturday night main entertainment ticket will be carried over to 2021. We are happy to announce that we have secured Jethro for 2021. We will send you a ‘general’ camping pass in due course to come along this year.

If you just cannot make it this year, email exhibit@warnersgroup.co.uk and request a refund, before 11th September and we will see you next year.

Thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely
Sally Dodds
Head of Events
Warner Group Publications Plc

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just looked through my emails and found this:

Hello Paul,

We are finally at our end of season event. It has been a challenging 6 months and I am happy we have been able to bring some events to you and I thank you for your support.

I write with regard to your booking for the Motorhome & Campervan Show Season Finale, at Lincoln, 25th – 27th September, to update you on the event.

We have once again worked closely with the venue and local council and we are able to continue with the show.

We will not be able to bring you the main entertainment venue. However, we can bring you a clubhouse set up in the Epic building, open Friday and Saturday evening, hosting a live singer each night. We will also look to set up an outdoor seating area outside the Epic building. There will be a bar and food area available.

Toilets will be open on this event in the general camping fields and we are looking at attracting a good sized trade area to view. There will be Elsan emptying points and water taps across the site.

Unfortunately, there will be no club or disabled areas on site.

Two camping options will be available. General camping, with Thursday arrival and facilities open in these areas, or wild camping with Friday arrival, but no facilities.

What to do next?

Do nothing!
Stay with us on your current booking and you will receive £10 off next year’s event and your Saturday night main entertainment ticket will be carried over to 2021. We are happy to announce that we have secured Jethro for 2021. We will send you a ‘general’ camping pass in due course to come along this year.

If you just cannot make it this year, email exhibit@warnersgroup.co.uk and request a refund, before 11th September and we will see you next year.

Thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely
Sally Dodds
Head of Events
Warner Group Publications Plc
How come you didn't get called Dave???? :rofl:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just out of curiosity. I assume ther will still be a day visitor facility? Or has that been withdrawn?. A couple of times we have gone with a motorhome but for the day. Gives us our own facilities.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back