pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my internet is down again !!!!!

everytime it rains ir is very damp the connection drops.

convinced its down to our 'wet string' phone line but can i get BT to believe me.....no, i cant :Angry:

maybe if we transfered to Bt for internet they might be obliged to investigate further than they do now :RollEyes:

good job i have a dongle :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If you nip out with a can of WD40... and spray the wire from your house to the telephone pole that will cure it... :thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
where the telephone line connects to the house it is held under tension by a piece of wire wrapped around it. The insulation is worn away at this point so high winds or rain causes a short. It took me 6 months of complaining to get mine sorted, but once they replaced the line problem solved.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
At my old house the phone line touched the flat roof next door, when it rained it was in a puddle and my slow internet died altogether. The phone chaps came and took some of the slack out and cured the problem.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
maybe if we transfered to Bt for internet they might be obliged to investigate further than they do now :RollEyes:

good job i have a dongle :thumb:

Interesting one this...I tried for months to get internet some time ago when we were in a house and couldnt but as soon as I transferred to BT voila!!! I got it within 2 weeks, I think it was united utilities and they rented the line from BT:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back