Mar 15, 2011
Stodland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Folks,

We are caravanners, owning an Elddis Crusader Tornado 2010, and a Nissan Xtrail 2009. We mainly go abroad, and now that we are retired will be spending a lot of time there, hopefully. We live in the Highlands of Scotland.

We are considering the purchase of a Hymer-Eriba Car 693, 2010. In the research we have done, the engine, (2.2 TDCi), on a Ford Chassis 350l), does not read to well. Can anyone advise us; is this engine any good?
Is it as good as any other engine, are there any known faults.

Regards,:Cool:

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Can't help you with your query Barbara but I'm sure there's someone on here who can. :welcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Barbara I am a tugger and an RV'er and would like to welcome you to Fun.

Someone will be along to answer your motorhome enquiry soon.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi Guys& welcome to the fun like your selves we changed from c/vaning &live in central Scotland. I cant coment on the ford but have you contacted Jandie caravans they are the only eriba dealer in Scotland and also stock eriba m/homes.They are very knowlagable and own a ford eriba They are located near Livingstone, tel 01501 763000, Hope this helps.:thumb:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
welcome,

i do not know the model you refer to but in another thread someone gives advice on fords and says dont be fobbed off with the 130bhp model (underpowered) go for the 140bhp but that was on a Hymer. The difference apparenty is the 130 is a 5 speed gearbox, while the 140 is a 6 speed. I dont know if your proposed model is new enough to have the 140bhp engine.

the link is here, hope its of some help

Link Removed

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
That thread also says one of the engines is rated in kilowatts.

:Doh:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi barbarab77

Welcome to MH Fun .:welcomefunster:

We have had Ford engine's on our last 2 motorhomes.

1 Laika 505 2008 model with2.2 litre 130 with 5 speed box and never had any problems. We toured all over Scotland for 6 weeks at a time on three trips, and never had any problems, from north to south. The only problem we found when new and until we got used to it starting from rest you could stall the engine very easily, but once you found the knack of starting no further problems.

2 Hobby Van Exclusive 2010 van this has the later 140 6 speed box, as of yet we have not done any long trips in it but it seems better than the previous van, and starts off easier from rest but only time will tell.

We only changed for other reasons, not because of any problems with the base, as the previous van was our first Ford and I was so happy with it I made sure I went for another when changing.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back