telescopic table - knaus traveller (1 Viewer)

browe

Free Member
Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Exp
Has anyone any experience with these tables? Its very easy to lower to make up bed but its not so easy to lift it again. Has anyone done anything to improve these or these be fitted with a gas lift?

Deleted User
We had one and used it a few times but I was always weary of my fingers. It lifts up horizontal and when you get it right it takes no effort, just put pressure on the handle and up it comes.

OP
OP
B

browe

Free Member
Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Exp
the table I have has one central column with a large screw knob which has to be loosened to raise or lower the table and then tightened again. there is no help from a spring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the table I have has one central column with a large screw knob which has to be loosened to raise or lower the table and then tightened again. there is no help from a spring.
i have a similar table but on ours when you release the table screw knob it always rises under its own spring.
takes quite a bit of pressure from above to lower it and then lock it.
i would assume yours is similar.

OP
OP
B

browe

Free Member
Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Exp
This camper is new to me and I will have to have a good look at the table, perhaps the spring is not working or not present, when the table screw is released the table doesn't take any pressure to lower it, and to raise it I have to catch the table top and pull upwards.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
This camper is new to me and I will have to have a good look at the table, perhaps the spring is not working or not present, when the table screw is released the table doesn't take any pressure to lower it, and to raise it I have to catch the table top and pull upwards.
then i would suggest that is not normal operation.

HOWEVER I could be wrong....

if its like mine you can unscrew it from the floor and remove it tyo have a look from the bottom up into the center column.
unscrew the floor screws, lower table and lock it so you can move it.
it is heavy so you may need some help.

OP
OP
B

browe

Free Member
Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Exp
Yes that is the way to go, I'll wait until the weekend to get some help with that. Thanks. Have you had to take yours up?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i have removed mine once to do some work in the van but did not have to do anything to the table. if anything mine is a pain to lock down against the spring.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I know this a long way back but I am trying to ensure that mine stays down. having dissembled it there are two gas struts which seem to work in unison somehow with a sort of cam action locking against one of the struts. The problem is that in the lowered position it has to be pushed down with some effort but operating the locking lever it rises slightly agains the push from the struts. I am trying to fathom out how to make it more secure. There is no sign of the maker on it other than a label saying it is supplied to EuraMobil. Locking in the upper position is not a problem as there is a detent which can be overcome with a good hard push down but how to hold down when lowered currently defeats me. I will take pictures of the “parts” and the leg minus the cover later as it is late evening.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Has anyone any experience with these tables? Its very easy to lower to make up bed but its not so easy to lift it again. Has anyone done anything to improve these or these be fitted with a gas lift?
Ours on a 5 year old Burstner jammed in the 'down' position about 10 days ago. Took the table top off [8 screws] and spent a lot of time cleaning out accumulated dust and muck where the inner cable enters the outer sleeve and then sprayed grease in several applications until the cable eased and the cam at the top of the central leg support column freed up.

The slider back & forth action was always juddery so I also sprayed grease on the sliding stays that move the table from front to back and from side to side to ease the travel. The table top weight is possibly too high for the column, and the table top does tilt very slightly at the limit of its travel, causing the judder when moving. The grease has improved the travel.

When releasing the Table Top from its lowered position,it helps to depress the Top over the column and, if there is another pair of hands available, one hand releases the plastic bracket and 2 other hands very lightly lift each end of the Table Top until it starts the upward travel.

Steve & Elaine [the other pair of hands]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back