Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
can anybody shed some light on a strange fault on the wipers on our ducato 1997 2.5 t. Wipers only work at 'normal' speed position, not on intermittent or high speed. Not sure where to start to look cant be fuse as they are working any clues please?
:Sad:

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Hi had a fault with the wipers on my 2.5 fiat Ducato 1996 Hymer .Found fault due to wiper relay corrosion on plug and relay pins.Cleaned mine up and it was OK or you could replace it.On my Hymer it's mounted above the engine on the centre bulkhead and wired to wiper motor. Sid

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I am still struggling with this problem looks to me that relays etc to control speed are contained within the motor so may be looking for new one can anyone confirm this please:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
unlikely the relays will be in the motor.

there should be a couple of resistive relays somewhere.

have you been up the back of the dash, possible behind/below the passenger glove box, and on the underbonnet bulkhead ?

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
How the heck I get myself in such a pickle I'll never know got the dash completely stripped off the van! mouse invasion:Eeek:repaired some wiring but still no correct operation of wipers:cry: so off with steering wheel and removed stalk switches! not serviceable as pop riveted together:Blush: not put off decided to drill out rivets and found a beak in the switch tested.. jobs agooden now have to re rivet and refit dash/ steering wheel:Doh:thats tomorrow sorted (I did have other plans for the fist weekend off since new year..... ho hum the joys of motoring:thumb: still all worth it in the end

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back