TyrePal TPMS Safety System For Tyres 20% Discount Code For Funsters (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: TyrePal has had a change of staff & how they run their business (email enquiries only now) so currently renegotiating Funster discount - using MFRVOC20TP will take 15% off the sensor kits tonight but hoping to get 20% reinstated again next week but no promises!
If anyone can PM me with the current C&MHC discount offer details that would may be helpful as previously ours was more as so many loyal Fun & RVOC customers :hi5:

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
If there’s a current discount code would be pleased to hear about it

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If there’s a current discount code would be pleased to hear about it
If you mean Fun code there is but 15% not 20% - see post #91 - currently don't know C&MHC but it has been less than our Funster discount in recent years :) but need to check for 2020... We have to be careful sharing info. not to upset anyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Hi Boys N Girls, I'm in the middle of ordering one of these "new and improved" tyrepal pieces of kit and thought I'd try the old voucher code MFRVOC19TP , well it doesn't work any longer HOWEVER try MFRVOC20TP ........ RESULT!! £14.85 discount!!

Cheers and stay safe!

Russ

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Boys N Girls, I'm in the middle of ordering one of these "new and improved" tyrepal pieces of kit and thought I'd try the old voucher code MFRVOC19TP , well it doesn't work any longer HOWEVER try MFRVOC20TP ........ RESULT!! £14.85 discount!!

Cheers and stay safe!

Russ
Glad you guessed well & will travel safer now (y) - the 2020 Funster code was in post #91 above :smiley:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
TyrePal Solar kits & the extra TCSO sensors were on back order but understand that they are back in stock now & all orders now being shipped - know a few Funsters are waiting for these.

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Just an update on this.... I've had Bob our Mo Ho at home for the last couple of weeks messing with solar power, n dog securing devices, n clips to hold garage doors open etc.etc.etc. and we finally decided to take him back to storage yesterday. Well the TPMS from Tyrepal was going bonkers! Three tyres below minimum specified pressures, lots of beeping and flashing, I was very impressed. So I rocked up at the local Texaco and started to sort out some more air. Now this is definitely a bit of a faff, the sensors on the valve stems are secured by small nuts at the back of the sensors, the valve stems are metal as the tyre pressures are sooo high (5.5bar is around 75psi), the little spanner that's provided is quite fiddly and small. I found that I couldn't get the compressor connection to attach to the tyre valve unless I completely removed the securing nuts..... You have to be really careful that you don't drop any of the nuts and sensors through the gap between the hubcaps and the wheels, ahem..... Well I finally got all the pressures correct and the sensors and nuts tightened up and I was astonished to discover that the process had taken me around four minutes per tyre! I spent a significant portion of the time sitting on the floor, tiny spanner in hand. So don't do this if it's been raining or there's likely to be a queue at the air compressor!! I have to say though that I'm very impressed with the system.

Cheers for now!

Russ

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you for sharing the discount code RustyRuss, you just saved us £64.00 on the 10 sensors and monitor kit

John n Kath x

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
Does it stand the heat when mounted on the dashboard under the windshield?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We've never had a problem with any TyrePal monitors being permanently on the dashboard but a couple of Funsters have reported issues with their solar units so probably wise to put them out of direct sun in extremely hot weather when not in use.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
There are several things that get too hot inside vehicles in the sun.
I remember borrowing a friend’s cherished record & he didn’t like what the sun had done to it left in my car 🤔
But the Tyrepal on it’s none slip map hasn’t shown any likelihood of getting damaged.
I do pick it up & move it away from the dashboard when not in use tho 👍🏻

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There are several things that get too hot inside vehicles in the sun.
I remember borrowing a friend’s cherished record & he didn’t like what the sun had done to it left in my car 🤔
But the Tyrepal on it’s none slip map hasn’t shown any likelihood of getting damaged.
I do pick it up & move it away from the dashboard when not in use tho 👍🏻
I left some Crocs in our conservatory in direct sunlight for a day & the tops distorted & shrunk - won't do that again! It's surprising how hot things do get through glass.

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Champers glad the discount code still works. I've got the tyre refilling down to a fine art now, takes about 2 mins a wheel. I make sure all the tyrepals are removed and set the service station inflator to the right pressure and inflate the back tyres first, drop the pressure and then inflate the fronts. Then I move the MoHo out of the tyre bay and whip round with the sensors and the silly spanner and all is good to go! I have noticed that the tyre pressures drop around 0.1 bar over a two week period when I leave him in his "creche", I've also noticed that the rears are recommended to be at 5.5 bar, when on a trip of more than say 10 miles at 40-60mph the pressures rise to about 5.7 bar and the tyre temperature rises to about 25 Celsius. Now I run the rears at 5.1 bar and the fronts at 4.7 bar and after a 30 mile run at 50ish mph last weekend they were at 5.3/5.4 and 5.0/5.1 respectively and around 27-29 degrees. The ride as definitely improved using these settings. Our bus is an Autotrail Apache 632 on a '62 plate rated at 3650kg.

On the subject of leaving stuff on the sun-shiney dashboard the tyrepal has been fine since I got it about 2 months ago, however it hasn't exactly been super sunny in Resort Runcorn! Keeping going on this I fondly recall my Dad's repmobile - a Vauxhall Viva 1300. We went on a caravan holiday to Kipford (Dumfrieshire I think) and ended up on a lovely secluded beach, I'd bought a toy submarine (I was 6ish, 1970, do the Maths!!) with a battery operated motor on the back, I left it on the rear window shelf of the Viva and when we got back from the beach it was banana shaped! I hadn't even taken it out of it's packaging! To add injury to insult I sat on the rear, vinyl, seat and got third degree burns on the backs of my legs!

Never willingly driven a Vauxhall vehicle since.......

Cheers!

Russ

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Saved £20 with that code - MFRVOC20TP

Thanks

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Saved £20 with that code - MFRVOC20TP

Thanks
Good to hear that - thank you for the feedback (y) It makes it worth the effort of negotiating discount codes if Funsters do benefit & travel safer :)

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
TyrePal https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/home/ have kindly agreed to a 20% discount across their whole range for Fun & RVOC members with code MFRVOC19TP (y)
We wouldn’t be without TyrePal TPMS fitted on both our car & motorhome (even though they have already have the Ford & Citroen factory fitted version) as the display makes checking all the tyre pressures easy (including the spare with an extra sensor) & the early warning it can give could help avoid an accident. Our motive for negotiating the discount & posting about this accessory regularly is to encourage Funsters to fit some form of TPMS & hopefully travel safer as a result.
Other benefits of keeping a close check on tyre pressures include better fuel economy & road handling plus some insurers (including C&CC & Caravanguard) now offer a 5% discount for motorhomes fitted with TyrePal. There are cheaper versions available but mixed reviews on these online & we have had TyrePal fitted for several years now & always found it a reliable safety product & there is good back up technical support if it's ever needed.

Solar-Colour-FCA-Logo.jpg
Just bought one of these with the discount code. Will see how it performs on our next trip with the mh.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I purchased last year a German (Chinese built as with most) TPMS it cost £35. For the camper, bought two for cars at £19.00
They both work well and have few downsides.
My choice only time will tell

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have heard back from TyrePal - they did a website update so the code had to be enabled again but working again now :smiley:

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I have a tyre pal system. To be honest I'm not impressed, the temp alarm is constantly going off even after just a few miles on a normal English day. I've increased the temp settings but no difference. To be honpest I've stoped relying on it. That's just my personal experience, lots of very happy users on MHF so perhaps I was unfortunate and got a Friday afternoon version.

mrh74

Free Member
May 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
A S Northants
Exp
since 2019
Just ordered using the code MFRVOC20TP worked perfectly, thanks.
Mark

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Derry Wilson Suggest contacting TyrePal to check why that may be happening & whether replacement is needed.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Code worked for me too.

thanks for the discount code and effort in getting it.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
:calig:@Wombles for setting this up with Tyrepal.

I just ordered a new system to include the motorhome and toad using the code MFRVOC20TP saving £50+(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back