Designer spare wheels? (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
After my trouble with my Tyres (another thread) I decided to check the spare.
What a kuffle! I kid you not!
First of all I had to squeeze under the towbar, (not exactly slimmer of the year!) then the waste water tank, only to find some dingbat had placed the tyre in the carrier with the valve to the front and at the top!:Angry:
So! decided to lower the carrier and turn the spare, easy peezee? The Fella that designed that set up deserves to have a rubber ring placed around his family jewels!:Angry:
After emptying the locker above, to get to the release nuts, then finding one under the heating ducting, then having to put up with the utterly useless extension, AAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
End result? decided to remove spare entirely from underneath, after visulising having to do it on the M5, during a thunderstorm, and place it in the locker. (Yes! we are with Green Flag, but humanity to man etc!)
With the powers to be releasing mental hospital patients early, I guess one of them has found a job designing areas to carry spare tyres under M/Hs:Angry:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you are one of the lucky ones.
when we bought our motorhome i asked what about a spare wheel the reply was you don't get one but in that bag are the wheel bolts for a spare wheel if you get one and theres a compressor with a can of repair stuff in that locker.

needless to say i got hold of a wheel from the scrapyard ok so its not the same size tyre as whats on the van but neither are those space saver piles of cr@p you get in cars.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
you are one of the lucky ones.
when we bought our motorhome i asked what about a spare wheel the reply was you don't get one but in that bag are the wheel bolts for a spare wheel if you get one and theres a compressor with a can of repair stuff in that locker.

needless to say i got hold of a wheel from the scrapyard ok so its not the same size tyre as whats on the van but neither are those space saver piles of cr@p you get in cars.

Whilst your logic is 100%:thumb:
The laws isn't
The space saver is designed for that very purpose and is exceptable by plod
Your odd size tyre puts you the wrong side of the law and Insurance Co, if put to use:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
After my trouble with my Tyres (another thread) I decided to check the spare.
What a kuffle! I kid you not!
First of all I had to squeeze under the towbar, (not exactly slimmer of the year!) then the waste water tank, only to find some dingbat had placed the tyre in the carrier with the valve to the front and at the top!:Angry:
So! decided to lower the carrier and turn the spare, easy peezee? The Fella that designed that set up deserves to have a rubber ring placed around his family jewels!:Angry:
After emptying the locker above, to get to the release nuts, then finding one under the heating ducting, then having to put up with the utterly useless extension, AAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
End result? decided to remove spare entirely from underneath, after visulising having to do it on the M5, during a thunderstorm, and place it in the locker. (Yes! we are with Green Flag, but humanity to man etc!)
With the powers to be releasing mental hospital patients early, I guess one of them has found a job designing areas to carry spare tyres under M/Hs:Angry:

Look on the bright side, spare should be pretty safe from tealeafs:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Nah!! they'd take that while cutting your Cat off:Doh:

I would cut somat else off the scroats if I could catch them, lost 30 in the last three months.

We take them off the vans before they go on display now.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back