LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don't read books ( well not those Kindle supports, mainly techie books ) so a bit daft buying one really, seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm going for an Android tablet instead, not as good at books but the real tool for web browsing.

So, it arrived in January, WiFi version, I've read 3 books on it, totally brilliant for that, as new in a leather(ish) slip in case. Cost me £120.

There's no room in that drawer full of unloved gadgets !

To a FUNster, £80 plus £3.50 post.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Throw in the VFR, and you've got yourself a deal

:winky:

Seriously though, I bought SWMBO one for Christmas, and she hasn't even turned it on yet. On the other hand, I'm on my seventh book with it. I do like it.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Seriously though, I bought SWMBO one for Christmas, and she hasn't even turned it on yet. On the other hand, I'm on my seventh book with it. I do like it.

Wife had to have one when she saw mine. She's already decimated the kid's inheritance with it.

There is just one fault and that is the cursor square is too close to the buttons next to it, but apart from that one of the finest designs I've seen in electronics. The display is just astounding.

I blame Pitstop for this, I got organised with Adobe books on my netbook, for going to Spain over the winter and found a netbook not the best to hold reading a book. Kindle was the solution until I realised I don't read many books.

So this is an exercise in "slip it out of the house and pretend I didn't make the mistake".

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I blame Pitstop for this, I got organised with Adobe books on my netbook, for going to Spain over the winter and found a netbook not the best to hold reading a book. Kindle was the solution until I realised I don't read many books.

Please enlighten me - what has this got to do with me??? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Please enlighten me - what has this got to do with me??? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Simples, you tempted me to weeks of sea, sun and sangria so I thought a book or two was in order. And that set the whole thing in motion.

Of course next year I may be begging 'er indoors to use her Kindle but we'll see.

PS Oh boy did it set things in motion, the Kindles, the drive away awning, the mirrors, the...., the.... It had better be good next year otherwise I will have to have strong words with you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Wasnt Bryan looking for one of these
offer him a bit of cash back and it will sell:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Mine is with me here in the van. It has over 300 books on it and still weighs the same. I don't know how many it will hold but still plenty of room. I do read a lot and I always had a problem taking enough books with me but no longer.

Shirley is still on the paper versions but reads a lot slower an me so half a dozen books lasts her for weeks, whereas I sometimes get through more than one a day. For me the Kindle is the invention of the decade and much more useful than the TV which I very rarely watch.

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
Yeah, I have friends with them and they will not go anywhere without them.
I have been convinced. I have sent a PM to Hilldweller telling hime I will buy as that price... if i'm not too late

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Simples, you tempted me to weeks of sea, sun and sangria so I thought a book or two was in order. And that set the whole thing in motion.

Of course next year I may be begging 'er indoors to use her Kindle but we'll see.

PS Oh boy did it set things in motion, the Kindles, the drive away awning, the mirrors, the...., the.... It had better be good next year otherwise I will have to have strong words with you.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

So what you're saying Brian is that it's Marie's fault, not yours, that it cost us a couple of hundred quid plus for two e-readers after you said how good they are.

That's a beggar cos if I'd asked you for a contribution you would just have laughed. Now I'm going to get beat up if I dare ask the Queen of the Gamesley Mafia :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
a tab is just as good

I bought a kindle for my wife, I finished up reading it much more than she does. Then I bought a galaxy tab and it does just the same job with a backlight for night reading. Now she's addicted to angry birds on the tab and the kindle just sits there.

But the kindle is so easy to read and take anywhere. Avoids boredom when you are stuck waiting for something.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
I bought a kindle for my wife, I finished up reading it much more than she does. Then I bought a galaxy tab and it does just the same job with a backlight for night reading. Now she's addicted to angry birds on the tab and the kindle just sits there.

But the kindle is so easy to read and take anywhere. Avoids boredom when you are stuck waiting for something.

Are you saying that the Tab is not as easy to use as the Kindle?

If it wasn't for the backlight facillity, would you recommend the Kindle before the Tab?

Just asking because I'm fancying some sort of electronic book. I'm not much influenced by price - in other words I don't necessarily simply go for the cheapest - I just want 'the best' for the purpose. Buy cheap, buy twice is what I've always found ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back