British Grand Prix at silverstone (1 Viewer)

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
British Grand Prix at silverstone

Hi all
Have just booked for British Grand Prix at silverstone FRI 08 JUL - SUN 10 JUL and camping for the motorhome at silverstone camp site 250m from Club Corner at the South of the circuit so i have been told any info on the site would be good .
Is there any funsters also planning on going down for the weekend as well :thumb:

many thanks Terry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
hi Terry, Mizzar went last year and talked about getting a meet up, have you got tickets as well? if so how much?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Have just booked for British Grand Prix at silverstone FRI 08 JUL - SUN 10 JUL Terry

Well you got that wrong.

31st Jul is when the real racing is on.

We did it last year. Camping was very satisfactory and it's alleged a new club house was on offer this year. Circuit is as good as it gets. Only major problem was getting out. Tip: go left as you leave, some nice country lanes and you hit the real world, go right and queue for 2 days.

PS Thanks for the wakeup, just got management approval to book ASAP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Mizar

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Hi Terry

I did it last year at the silverstone site wednesday - Monday cracking few days £50 for me and my son we opted for quiet/family area but when we got there they just told us to park were ever we wanted.

It will be very busy when you get there Friday but there is plenty of room the further away from the gate you go there is also a courtesy land train running all weekend. The toilets and showers for the people in tents were not adequate for the number of people they were queuing upto 2 hours for a shower on an evening but for us motorhomers we can look on and smile.
There is a massive stage with bands on all weekend on the campsite we had eddy Jordon and is band on the Saturday the atmosphere is brilliant really friendly.

There should be a new clubhouse for this year too.

Still thinking about going again looked on the website last week and weekend tickets were still available but the camping page had gone so I thought the camping may be sold out better ring next week.

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
silverstone

hi Terry, Mizzar went last year and talked about getting a meet up, have you got tickets as well? if so how much?

HI Paul
yes have paid for tickets General Admission at £149 each and camping £45 each for the weekend . there is 4 or 5 of us going in the van no wifes just all guys going down friday night ,last time i went was 3 or 4 years ago and just parked over night in the car parking bit .

HI Mizar
Only booked tickets and camping on saturday and camping was ok to be booked on saturday .we have booked 2 seperate camping spots one might be spare not sure yet :thumb:

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
silverstone

Hi Mizar
Have just checked the camping looks like they have stoped taking booking for the camping

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back