LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Does anyone know if its still possible to park on the Quayside in BOULOGNE SUR MER?

I know your could at one time,

ShiftZZ

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Does anyone know if its still possible to park on the Quayside in BOULOGNE SUR MER?

I know your could at one time,

ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ
Sorry NO there is now a Aire on the coast road North heading out of BOULOGNE SUR MER heading towards Wimereux on the road called Bd Sainte Beuve (D940)....just above the port...halfway up the hill on the left and side.....the place as been there for a while it was a parking area all in segments.., But now they have put a borne and you have to pay..look on Google earth or Michelin maps...opposite "All de la Legion D'Honneur"...:cry::Doh:

Mel:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Crikey Mel I parked there last July
Roger.... I tried in the Autum and was told NO not any more:Doh:.. and they was just putting the finishing touches to the borne what is now the Aire:cry:

Just been looking at the new Aires book and it seems there are a lot of changes a foot.....more and more villages and towns are now charging on Aires that was free!!!!!!!!

France is like the UK it needs the money............the Doctors chargers have gone up and many others things as well......

MIMIZAN PLAGE is now 12 euros all year (electric all in) last year early it was 6 euros........And I would think if the aires go up in price, so will the campsites

One Aire I went on late last year(for fishing) was free Aire per night and free water and free electric......now is 5 euros

Last edited:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Roger.... I tried in the Autum and was told NO not any more:Doh:.. and they was just putting the finishing touches to the borne what is now the Aire:cry:

Just been looking at the new Aires book and it seems there are a lot of changes a foot.....more and more villages and towns are now charging on Aires that was free!!!!!!!!

France is like the UK it needs the money............the Doctors chargers have gone up and many others things as well......

MIMIZAN PLAGE is now 12 euros all year (electric all in) last year early it was 6 euros........And I would think if the aires go up in price, so will the campsites

One Aire I went on late last year(for fishing) was free Aire per night and free water and free electric......now is 5 euros

which is best aires book to purchase

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
which is best aires book to purchase

We use many
"All the Aires in France" (there is a new edition out this week) :thumb:
Le Guide national des Aires de Services camping cars :thumb:
Camping car info on the net :thumb:

and many others, but they are the best above

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Seems to me like its all gone down the pan, time to scap my passport sell the van and camp in my field. a few notices around in French and I'll not know the differance, oh bugger I'll be charging as well soon.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Seems to me like its all gone down the pan, time to scap my passport sell the van and camp in my field. a few notices around in French and I'll not know the differance, oh bugger I'll be charging as well soon.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just fine Roger......and you can run your genny if you want:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:wine::beer::sin::beerchug::party2:

Mel:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back