Hungary ? Anything known.. Worth a visit ? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Looking for something different again this year.. Budapest has a romantic sound to it and we have never been to Hungary..
But has anyone been there ? Is it safe ? Is it a good place to visit ?

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Looking for something different again this year.. Budapest has a romantic sound to it and we have never been to Hungary..
But has anyone been there ? Is it safe ? Is it a good place to visit ?

Hi,

Many years since we were there but see the following for some info. A bit dated but it will give you some ideas.

http://www.langdale-associates.com/hungary_2005/hungary.htm

http://www.magbaztravels.com/content/category/8/76/30/

http://www.motorhomeandaway.com/europe_08.htm

Safe travelling.

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi.

Went to Budapest In February a few years ago.Boy was it cold then but wrapped up well.

Would love to go back in the Summer.

Loved the place and the public transport was spot on. Food and drink very good.

Very good exchange rate then and found it so affordable. Didn't feel unsafe there unlike so many other places.

Not sure on the sites though...Stayed in a Hotel in the middle of the city....Well....It was Valentine's.....

Steve

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have a good friend (hungarian) who lives in budapest, he uses Skype if you would like to talk to him pm me your skype name and I'll introduce you.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Went there at height of Cold War with 3 US navy aviators descriibed as students in their passbooks. Had a fantastic time, at hottest nitespot behind Iron Curtain - 1 of our gang, tall, blond hair blue eyed, saw a gorgeous bird - red hair, green eyes, honest - across crowded floor. They fell into each others arms on dance floor - and five minutes later, stood apart, gazed at each other and burst out laughing. He'd said "Amerikaner", she'd replied "Russki". They fetched us, we joined the Russians, and we all had a fantastic evening. Scars of 56, a year or so earlier, everywhere.

Went back in 91, (I'd led first relief convoy to Kurdistan, we were coming back through Yugo when FO told me to get us out quick.) Amazing transformation, now gay - in real sense - fun, open, but still pock marked by bullet scars from 56.

We want to go there with our MH a.s.ap - it's now superb.

Go, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

A

Addie

Deleted User
We did Hungary also

Budapest was FANTASTIC - like Prague but without the stag do's and street painters. There is a campsite right in the centre of the city with Free Wifi. It's overlooked by tower blocks but like I said, it's right in the centre! Statue Park, Buda on one side of the Danube, Pest on the other and Margaret Island in the middle. 5-7 days worth of stuff depending on how fast you go round things.

Campsite: Link Removed

Very safe - Motorways are excellent (you'll need a vignette - see my country guide in the first link), very cheap and an excellent motorway that's been built past Lake Baliton into Slovenia if you fancy exiting that way.

We stocked up on fags while we were there @ £15/200 Malaboro lights which in itself paid for our visit :ROFLMAO:

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi
If you do go try a ride on the childrens railway everything run by children except the driver .
Ray

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Loved the Place...

Love this record..Go for it.:thumb::Cool: