Rally at Chester Food & Drink Festival. 21st to 25th April. (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I have spoken to Chester Food & Drink Festival this morning and we can hold a rally there. I am happy to get it all together but would be grateful if anyone else would act as a marshall along with me.

Some of the details are here, if you are interested could you please download a booking form, stateing that you are camping with MOTORHOME FUN, then when you have registered add your name to the list

the web site www.chesterfoodanddrink.comhttp://www.chesterfoodanddrink.comChesterhttp://www.chesterfoodanddrink.comChesterhttp://www.chesterfoodanddrink.comChesterhttp://www.chesterfoodanddrink.comChester
Chester
Food, Drink and Lifestyle Festival. It’s our 10th anniversary this year and we are marking the occasion by extending the 2011 festival in every way possible, making this the biggest Food, Drink and Lifestyle Festival in the UK this Easter.
As well as all of the usual delicious food and drink producers that enjoy coming back year after year, our celebrity chefs return this year to cook in an even larger demonstration area to accommodate all you foodie fans.
This year we have designed a new improved area especially for 15 Chester & Cheshire Restaurants: The Restaurant Garden. A chance for you to sample dishes, get some great offers and book a table for that evening.
Our first BeerFest festival in 2010 was so successful that this year we invited even more real ale and lager, it will be held in the Long Room of the Grandstand. This year we have added an additional wine ‘taste and buy’ section showcasing over 10 different wine merchants for those who prefer their grape to their grain.
CamperFest returns, and for those of you who would like to camp or enjoy caravanning, then all are welcome at this year’s festival. Kids of all ages will just love the cooking workshops, allowing them to get stuck in and messy as they learn all about food.

And there is more…. ‘Twice the size’ Lifestyle section, competitions, events throughout the city and the annual cheese rolling event, there is plenty to gorge yourselves on this April in Chester.
  • Camping for four nights (Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun) on the beautiful Chester Racecourse – facilities include toilets and showers
  • Entry to the three day Taste Chester - Food, Drink and Lifestyle Festival (Sat, Sun and Mon), where celebrity chef demos will be taking place
  • Entry to the Beer Festival – Friday, and Sunday
  • Entry to all CamperFest competition/Events A wide variety of exclusive CamperFest events over the weekend include:

• Friday Night: Roman Themed Party Welcome Party - fancy dress, perfect start to get people introduced to Chester's historical background, roaming with the Roman's of Chester. Also a great opportunity to meet fellow Camperfest attendees!!!

Saturday Night: Sky Lattern Festival - We will be releasing latterns into the sky to light up Chester. (Other light artists to be confirmed).

Sunday: Easter Egg Hunt - A chocolate adventure for your children! Playing small games and finding clues will lead them to their chocolate prizes.
    Cook in a Camper - Your chance to show Camperfest your best Campervan meal! With a celebrity judge to confirm 2011's winning camper-chef.

Sunday Evening: Leaving Party - A great way to end your Camperfest experience!

[*]To get tickets at £25 and camp with Motorhome fun you need to have paid and have your name down before 15th April.
    [*]Space is limited so if you are coming to be on the safe side I would book early.
    [*]CamperFest Tickets

Adult
    £25 per person in advance
    £35 on the day
    Children 12yrs and under
    £10 per person in advance
    £15 on the day
Any questions please pm me. thank you Carol.

Cheshire, from it’s world famous Cheshire Cheese to its much loved Cheshire Ice-cream

Link Removed
Link Removed
ome of the details are here

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sorry Paul it seem that £25pp is it and £10 for children under 12. but there is so much going on and it is for 4 nights it should be worth it. Hope you can come I could do with a bit of support. Carol.

the link above does not seem to work so try

www.chesterfoodanddrink.com hope this works

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have spoken to Chester Food & Drink Festival this morning and we can hold a rally there. I am happy to get it all together but would be grateful if anyone else would act as a marshall along with me.

You bet, no problem.

PS I have the form and will post tomorrow. At the top I will write in big red letter WITH MOTORHOMEFUN GROUP. That might make them take notice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you Brian, I feel I will be in a safe pair of hands with your help.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thank you Brian, I feel I will be in a safe pair of hands with your help.

Oooooo--errrrrrr, who's been talking.

This deserves more FUN support than we are seeing here. It looks better than the same boring old MH fairs with the same stands selling the same things as last year.

The real problem is my legs don't suit a Roman skirt. Have I told you I was one of Lowery's models ? It'll have to be a toga.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Oooooo--errrrrrr, who's been talking.

This deserves more FUN support than we are seeing here. It looks better than the same boring old MH fairs with the same stands selling the same things as last year.

The real problem is my legs don't suit a Roman skirt. Have I told you I was one of Lowery's models ? It'll have to be a toga.

Brian, I would so love to support this. Im not ruling in or out at the moment as it does look like there is a lot there, however the price is very expensive. Both my kids are over 12 and sadly although my brain age isn't I susspect they will want to charge me full price as well. Therefore, with Nikki still out of work, it sounds like it might be a bit to pricey.

However, when you think of how much fuel we would save as its only 40 miles round trip, along with the possibility of seeing you in a toga, maybe, just maybe, it might all of a sudden become worth it.:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
however the price is very expensive.

No-one is arguing with that. A very unimaginative price structure.

with the possibility of seeing you in a toga,

With all your running and your build you were made for Roman soldier's outfit. Send the kids off to grannie's, put them in kennels, I'll bet Nikki couldn't wait to get her hands on your gladius.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Carol
We would have come because its only down the road from us but we will be in Europe at that time.
Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Brian, I would so love to support this. Im not ruling in or out at the moment as it does look like there is a lot there, however the price is very expensive. Both my kids are over 12 and sadly although my brain age isn't I susspect they will want to charge me full price as well. Therefore, with Nikki still out of work, it sounds like it might be a bit to pricey.

However, when you think of how much fuel we would save as its only 40 miles round trip, along with the possibility of seeing you in a toga, maybe, just maybe, it might all of a sudden become worth it.:winky:

Never thought of it but over Easter a lot of sites will be £20 a night making £80 for for the 4 nights so seems a lot better value given what is available, then of course if you want to carry on you are on just over half a hour from Conway / Llandudno or a hour and 10mins from Anglsey and Snowdonia.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Never thought of it but over Easter

That could be why we don't get many FUNsters. People can be very set in their ways for such a holiday and this short notice is too late.

Maybe a glowing report and next year could be better.

But a very valid point on costs and your £20 could be very much on the low side. We've heard it on here, "Got a dog? that will be £x. Want showers?, that will be £y, Do you fart ?, pollution tax that will be £z".

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Its here!

I suppose you remember The North Western Road Car Company!

Will be joining you at Easter in Chester.

B.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks 10ll, will get the list going now, looking forward to it.

Carol (Carol & Eddie)
Hilldweller & Mrs Hilldweller
10ll

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Update.

Carol & Eddie
Hilldweller
10ll
Movan (Joy)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks Brian, Linrick has downloaded and sorted, pm'd me.

Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
You can put us down for this. As Brian says it's a change from Motorhome shows and sounds like a cracking event.
Will sort out the booking today.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Update List. Please make sure you put Motorhome Fun on the downloaded form, as they do not have a place on the form to put it in so write it across the top. thanks.

Carol & Eddie
Hilldweller
10ll
Movan (Joy)
Linrick
drago35uk

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Update List. Please make sure you put Motorhome Fun on the downloaded form, as they do not have a place on the form to put it in so write it across the top. thanks.

Carol & Eddie
Hilldweller
10ll
Movan (Joy)
Linrick
drago35uk

A select little group.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Welcome to our merry band Taran Las, updated list.

Carol & Eddie
Hilldweller

10ll
Movan (Joy)
Linrick
drago35uk
Taran_Las<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Rally at Chester Food & Drink Festival 21st to 25th April

Carol this web add might get you a few more takers www.chesterfoodanddrink.co.uk hope you have a brill time, would have loved to join you as it's on our doorstep but we're off to see the tweenies after the Peterborough Show.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Carol please add us to your list wahooo... we will arrive Thursday may be a little late..

Missed them this evening, but will tel tomorrow to book , I have also downloaded the form but would like to know what time last entry is

John n Kath

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Carol please add us to your list
John n Kath

I'm really going to have to work on my Welsh accent now, boyo.

Now where is one man and his wee MH ? Well Movan is hopefully coming.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back