W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Ok peeps awhile back at the lovely Shepton mallet meet some will remember i had our lovely Fiat 2.3 130-Bhp RollerTeam 707 Remapped by "WOW Tuning" Well its been awhile since a update and i am more than pleased with the results i am now getting a average 28.6mpg from the computer which before remapped it was 22-23mpg max, Now thats a great improvement but here is the better news..

When i worked it out by how much i diesel i used and working it out on 4.45 ltr to the gallon before remap it was 24-25mpg so computer is out which i expected they always are... Anyway i filled her up and did my calculations and :Eeek:

I am now returning 31.5mpg now i think this is rather impressive as it is a lump with a over bunk and as you know the over head cabs are not very fuel friendly....

So was the Remap worth the money a 1000000% yes :thumb:

And i also forgot to mention if need be she will pull away from the lights faster than my Fiat Panda will.....:Angry:

Craig.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I must admit I was a bit scepical but thats an inpresive extra 6 mgp:thumb:,

were you light footing it?,

I suppose some of it may have come from the engin lossening up, how many miles on the clock now?

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
I must admit I was a bit scepical but thats an inpresive extra 6 mgp:thumb:,

were you light footing it?,

I suppose some of it may have come from the engin lossening up, how many miles on the clock now?

Miles on clock now don't fall over is a massive 1975 i think its only 6 months old lol.... and i thats was doing between 58-64 just enough to pass the artic's unless its a Irish one doing 90mph. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thats good news, we have a service coming up and with the same engine they will probably do that, I wonder ?

A

Addie

Deleted User
How much was this remap out of interest?

Thinking about doing the same for my 2.3 (120) Panel Van.

I've driven a CI Carioca 694 (130) remapped and that was pretty impressive although interesting didn't deliver any better MPG then before (although sent the MPG trip computer haywire!)

Cheers,

A

mudmover

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
MPG

My Dethleffs/ Ford 2.2 140Hp is returning 33.5mpg....driving between 60-70mpg...This is off the computer so I guess you can allow for inaccuracies BUT it is absolutely superb on Fuel and the tourgue blows the fiat 2.3 away - that is unless you've been chipped::bigsmile:

Sounds like you had a worthy investment!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi Folks, had my 2.3 Fiat re-mapped and mpg has changed from an average of 31mpg to 35.8mpg, a big, big change and it also leaves much better torque, which makes MH easier to drive. Don't just think about it, do it. Anyone over this side of the pond wants details of "mapper", just get in touch and I'll pass on the details.
Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back