Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
I can get onto the site super quick but unable to read any threads,
it's taking forever to open a thread i give up.

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems

MHF is no problems

Ian

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We were having issues up to Monday lunch time

I can get onto the site super quick but unable to read any threads,
it's taking forever to open a thread i give up.

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems

MHF is no problems

Ian

We were having issues getting on or stayingon the RVOC up to Monday lunch time .. Had to keep logging in.. But it seems ok now, but it is still slow compared to a week ago..

Bob:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
no problems today .. pages loading super fast .. :thumb:

and that's unusual for my wet string broadband

OP
OP
IanH

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
I had hit or miss service on the dongle whilst at Itchyfeet over the past 2 months but today was no go on RVOC
We are back in our static now (site reopened) with good coverage but still the same

Ian

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
No problems for me :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
since the site changed servers a number of people have had problems. You need to clean your computer goto:-
tools
internet options
delete browsing history.
that should clear everything up.

OP
OP
IanH

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
since the site changed servers a number of people have had problems. You need to clean your computer goto:-
tools
internet options
delete browsing history.
that should clear everything up.

Tried that still the same
iv'e tried enough today time to call it quits and hope for better things tomorrow

Ian

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I still have problems on both sites

I still have problems on both sites. This morning I had to re enter my log in name and password despite ticking the remember me box. On RVOC I am having issues now that posts are appearing twice.. very annoying. Also very slow. I use a normal laptop with a direct connection to my ADSL line also a IPAD via wifi... I can get on to anywhere normally and reasonably fast.. but since Sunday it has been hit and miss on both sites.

Personally I do not care about those that do not have the problem and post ...sitting there like the cat that has the cream.. Jim should be worried about those that are having problems. I certainly am not an idiot with computers and it is very annoying when you want to use a site after it has been messed about with and you spend hours of time and it does not work as it should.

Bob:Angry:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Personally I do not care about those that do not have the problem and post ...sitting there like the cat that has the cream..

Bob:Angry:

Hi Bob ..

I appreciate and sympathise with your issue but it's important for Jim to know if the problem is only affecting a few or many .. so hence my post saying I had no issues.

I have been using both sites on three different machines, two Windoze and one Mac and also a Blackberry Curve and have had no problems.. haven't flushed DNS or dumped cookies .. after the changeover everything just carried on as normal,

This may not help you directly but it will help Jim to establish whether it is an issue with the server or not.

Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am sorry if you are having problems, I am almost sure that this is down to local issues as the RVOC is as busy as ever. I can log in as admin and as a regular memebr in three diferent bbrowsers, but I will still investigate please send me details of exactly what is happening.

Double posting is almost always down to slow connections, the submit button being pressed twice, the command stored and as soon as the browser finds the bandwidth it posts.

OP
OP
IanH

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Fun is no problem for me at this time
RVOC is just the same today ,able to get onto the forum no probs but still unable to read threads

My PC skills are limited thats why i struggle ,i will just have to wait until something happens or not

Ian

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Fun is no problem for me at this time
RVOC is just the same today ,able to get onto the forum no probs but still unable to read threads

My PC skills are limited thats why i struggle ,i will just have to wait until something happens or not

Ian

What hapens when you try to read a thread?

OP
OP
IanH

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Hi Jim

When i try to read a thread the bar on the bottom of the screen the green bit goes half way then stops and just stays there

Just tried it and it says waiting for Link Removed....

sorry i haven't used the correct terminoligy like i say my PC skills are limited
If its down to my end i will have to wait untill we get steam up again:ROFLMAO:

Ian

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds like you have some corruption in your browser cache. try downloading this browser Chrome and see if you can read threads. It will only take a few minutes to download and run and I am betting that you will be able to access the site with it without any problems. :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thanks Jim

I have purged the cache on the windows XP system and also followed the instructions via google to get the system to up date.. Did it a couple of times in fact over two days. I am writing this on my iPad which is wifi at the moment and also cleared the cache on that.

Despite have ticket the box to save my log on details ...remember me...i get one in say 4 log on require me to enter it again... The double posts is only on RVOC and I accept what you say may be the reason.. But Jim it is real slow loading regardless if I am direct connected to the DSL on the windows machine or the Apple IPad, or the Apple iPhone4 .. Speed is ok on the MHF site. The iPad is being used in different location to the main computer.

Thanks

Bob:Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry you are having problems Bob, I just tested the RVOC the real world speed of the forum is very fast.

The speed coupled with your login problems is indicative of a corrupt cache and or cookie in your browser. make sure when you clear these things you have no web pages still open. Or better still use a different Browser, try Chrome if you have not already.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back