Has the Mouseover feature changed ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Before the changeover you could see part of the text by hovering the mouse over the post .. now it gives the url .. just me ?

pstockhi

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
DEVON
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
since 1988
Just you still works for me ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thats a browser thing Jim I am not sure that I can affect it server side, I'll find out. Meanwhile it still works for me using FF:thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
right .. thanks for feedback .. I'll look at browser settings :thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hmm ..

it's a Safari bug.. thanks Apple .. :RollEyes:

back to Camino

thanks all

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Still the same on Chrome. :thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Jim, I have had problems with this feature ever since I joined FUN, I have never found the cause or the answer.

At the moment I don't have any problems but in the past I have 1/ no response 2/ a reveled text for a few seconds only, remove the cursor then re-apply and the text comes back for a few more seconds. 3/ the ULR instead of text.

It happens on on all 3 of my computers from time to time and there does seem to be some connection with the adding of browser add-on's.

Doug..

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi ScotJimland
Iam running Safari on my Macbook,when I changed over to the new server i cleared my Browser history and cookies and also my favourites sites then typed in the address for Motorhomefun.co.uk,so starting afresh, and the mouse hover works fine.
So I didnt experience any bug.

Hope that helps.
Steve.
Red Dragon

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim, I have had problems with this feature ever since I joined FUN, I have never found the cause or the answer.

At the moment I don't have any problems but in the past I have 1/ no response 2/ a reveled text for a few seconds only, remove the cursor then re-apply and the text comes back for a few more seconds. 3/ the ULR instead of text.

It happens on on all 3 of my computers from time to time and there does seem to be some connection with the adding of browser add-on's.

Doug..

Thanks Doug .. I've no ad-ons with Safari ... and I thought it was ok before the server change but must have been mistaken.. it's ok on my other browser.

Are you using a dongle on all three computers .. ? could it be something to do with that ?

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi ScotJimland
Iam running Safari on my Macbook,when I changed over to the new server i cleared my Browser history and cookies and also my favourites sites then typed in the address for Motorhomefun.co.uk,so starting afresh, and the mouse hover works fine.
So I didnt experience any bug.

Hope that helps.
Steve.
Red Dragon

Hi Steve..

I'm still using a PowerPC mac, Safari isn't working as well since the Intel Macs came out .. simply because it has to work on both architectures .. it's been mentioned on several mac forums .. .. it sometime stalls and is prone to crashing. :Sad:

Camino, from the Mozilla stable, is now the ONLY browser specifically written for PPC Macs ..

Google Chrome is not supported either ..

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Thanks Doug .. I've no ad-ons with Safari ... and I thought it was ok before the server change but must have been mistaken.. it's ok on my other browser.

Are you using a dongle on all three computers .. ? could it be something to do with that ?

When at home the three.co dongle is all I have and the computer are hard wired into a network. but I have had a problem with one computer and no problems with the other 2 on the network, it really is a bugger to track down...

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back