Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Jim
why have i just struggled getting onto motorhomefun site, message said you had moved. Why was there not a clue of how to reconnect.
have had to mess about too much, needs doing better next time.
David:Angry:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I just followed Jims suggestion in the message on the old server - googled flush dns followed instructions - rebooted my laptop and here I am............ :Smile:
Bizarre thing was I am sure I logged on earlier this afternoon ok

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Jim
why have i just struggled getting onto motorhomefun site, message said you had moved. Why was there not a clue of how to reconnect.
you will connect automatically but may be to either new or old server depending which one you're ISP sees first.

once your ISP sees the new addy it should take you there everytime...but it doesnt :Angry:

sick of writing posts only to submit to the old server and the post is lost.

not Jims fault...just the way it is :thumb:

RVOC is just the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim

Hi David, sorry you have had problems, I know how frustrating it can be, but it does take time for our new location to spread around the world. There is nothing I can do really. Glad you got here in the end:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi David, sorry you have had problems, I know how frustrating it can be, but it does take time for our new location to spread around the world. There is nothing I can do really. Glad you got here in the end:thumb:

Jims been using second class stamps thats why:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just have patience, it will be worth it.

Peter

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
I connected no problem tonight, clicked on the usual favourite:thumb:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Jim

Hi David - well, I'm not at all computer literate and my heart sank when I read the 'we've moved message' but I took the suggestion to Google 'how to flush the DSN', thinking 'what the b-he11's that ????!!!***'' and much to my surprise had no trouble at all in following the instructions and BINGO - two minutes later here I was ..... :Smile: Doddle really and now I'm thinking I ought to go in for my IT exams ..... !!

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
flushing out

We had the same problem, couldn`t log in so flushed, came back an hour later couldn`t log in flushed again etc etc for 4 or 5 times, workd this time we1ll wait and see until the next time we try to log in.

Bloody computers.:Doh:

OP
OP
david and ann

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Hola Jim
thanks for explanation ,although still not sure what we're talking about. Glad to have got back on though. Great site. Cheers

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
We had the same problem, couldn`t log in so flushed, came back an hour later couldn`t log in flushed again etc etc for 4 or 5 times, workd this time we1ll wait and see until the next time we try to log in.

Bloody computers.:Doh:

Likewise, but here now. Its just the way the www works, and flushing - sometimes it does....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am really pissed off it took my server 24 hours to find the new server when France and Netherlands found it yesterday. so much for British ISP's. I tried flushing DNS removing history, temp internet files, cookies etc as well yesterday all to no avail. But hey ho, only had one evening when I had to talk to the wife so can't be bad.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But hey ho, only had one evening when I had to talk to the wife so can't be bad.

My god you're a brave man. Not many men go through that and come out the other side.

Good People of FUN, this man is an example to us all.

The Right Stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back