Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I THOUGHT I HAD BETTER START A FRESH THREAD ON GASLOW WITH THIS INFORMATION, IT MAY, IT MAY NOT BE OF ANY HELP

When we went to the Paris Motorhome show to purchase our new Motorhome...I enquired from the dealers on motorhomes stands about the fitting of Gaslow refillable GAZ bottles for the purpose of cooking ?????**** to the new motorhome........well you would think I had come off another planet....so after explaining what are and how the work.....I was told, firstly refillable bottles do not exist......and not in France....and why would you want to refill the GAZ 11kg bottles when you can buy them from there accessory shop also from other motorhome dealers,and supermarkets and garages and garden centers and many other shops sell GAZ already filled!!!!!!!!????**** was we mad........this was in September 2010......

In November in my monthly French motorhome magazine...called CAMPING-CAR MAGAZINE..issue no 225 - NOVEMBRE 2010...PAGE, 140, 141, 142
Remplacer le propane par du GPL

Now if this is not refillable PLG (or LPG ) French style and showing you how to fit it yourself........I Will Eat a FRAY BENTOS PIE............Urgggggggg

And if there is refillable bottles in France and you can fit them your selves ....WHERE DO THEY EXPECT YOU TO FILL THEM...........or is it a new thing that is now coming in to France .........................................!!!!!!!!! ??????? YOU DECIDE..............

JUST IN CASE IT IS OF ANY INTEREST TO THEM FUNSTERS WITH GASLOW COMING TO FRANCE

YOU COULD ALWAYS STICK ONE OF THESE LABELS OUTSIDE NEAR THE FILLER CAP.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

MEL:thumb::winky:

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 28
  • img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 30
  • img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 28

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Thanks again heyupluv.

I have just returned, I have filled up in 5 places all over France without an issue, I have even cheekily asked them to watch me and said "Monsieur, I am filling my gaslow tanks with your LPG" . I will allow people to post what info they feel is valid, but make my own mind up. When someone tells me no, I will move on to the next garage, when they all tell me know, then I will revert to the old system of asking Pierre to do it for me. :Blush:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks again heyupluv.

I have just returned, I have filled up in 5 places all over France without an issue, I have even cheekily asked them to watch me and said "Monsieur, I am filling my gaslow tanks with your LPG" . I will allow people to post what info they feel is valid, but make my own mind up. When someone tells me no, I will move on to the next garage, when they all tell me know, then I will revert to the old system of asking Pierre to do it for me. :Blush:

Thanks haganap, I was hoping you would report back, as I am in the motion of going to fit one 11g Gaslow bottle only...the other 11kg a French bottle....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Everyone makes up their own mind of course but I rarely make decisions based on other people's single, loan experience.

I am sure there are people who have had trouble filling their refillable bottles in France but I never have had any problem at all with my Gaslow systems.

For years and years and years I have had my Calor gas bottles (19kilo) refilled at a Portuguese station (they have all the necessary adaptors.)

A couple of years ago I bought a refilling adaptor (with a one way valve built in) and, using discretion, never had any problems refilling when needed.

My local fuel station here in Avelar do it for me willingly and their company have the Repsol contract in this area and they fill the Repsol bottles all day long. If they don't think it is dangerous to do so to my Calor bottle neither do I. :thumb:

So, based on my own experience, I have no worries at all about refilling in France or Portugal or England.

JJ :Cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I think you will be OK north of the border .. we also have flush toilets and leccy :thumb:

My folks used to live there Jim, (up the glen outside Kirkmichael, Perthshire) so am aware that they have loos (but no street lights where we were though!) but have never bought gas there... so... :RollEyes:

JJ

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
haganap,,,,,,did you you have any gas sticker around your filler connection ....or just the filler cap:winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
haganap,,,,,,did you you have any gas sticker around your filler connection ....or just the filler cap:winky:

I had a gas sticker on the outside of my locker door. The only thing I have different is the filler is in my door as there was no place for the bracket to be easily fitted. Although Gaslow said they did not recommend it, they fitted plenty previously that way without issue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back