Mes multiecuscan to carry all time , linux usb version. (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I currently cary an obd2 device, reader and reset
2 big questions
1 For those that allready own Mes, do you carry the capability at all times.(especially when touring)?
2 Is it possible to run mes on a linux usb stick eg puppy linux or other small distro.(i have not used samba yet)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Not 100% sure I understand your question, but I have a Bluetooth OBD device and Android App.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
2 big questions
1 For those that allready own Mes, do you carry the capability at all times.(especially when touring)?
2 Is it possible to run mes on a linux usb stick eg puppy linux or other small distro.(i have not used samba yet)
I would love to know what the feck you on about...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
2 big questions
WTF are you talking about ?

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Obd2 has generic codes and manufacturer specific codes. Software like multiecuscan and vcds (fiat vag) can handle all professional requirements and in some cases better than oem equipment currently i use both with a win 10 laptop.
Puppy linux is an os than can be run off a bootable usb stick. If mes can be run this way i dont need to carry a laptop , just borrow one but carry the cables.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
2 big questions
No, I use MES multiplexed at home, I carry an OBDkey bluetooth VCI (although OBDlink MX are just as good) a yellow MES adapter cable and a copy of AlfaOBD on my phone when away in the van.

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Not to many mes users about.
Even fewer puppy linux users.
Currently stashed in the van is an autolink al319
Just for clarity vagom (now called vcds) upto 2006 used licensed software. now canbus vehicles require a more fancy hardware that is licensed and can be restricted to number of vehicles, eg my 3 vehicle license was about £250. Had my moneys worth out of mes and vcds

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Not to many mes users about.
Even fewer puppy linux users.
Currently stashed in the van is an autolink al319
Just for clarity vagom (now called vcds) upto 2006 used licensed software. now canbus vehicles require a more fancy hardware that is licensed and can be restricted to number of vehicles, eg my 3 vehicle license was about £250. Had my moneys worth out of mes and vcds

If you want or need to carry a laptop in the van for other reasons, then it makes sense if MES is on it too.

I don't, hence the reason that although I use MES at home, I just carry a bluetooth dongle and adapter cable in my parts box, and have AlfaOBD on my phone. AlfaOBD is around £40 licensed and in some respects more powerful than MES (it can program quite a lot of config options that MES doesn't cover).

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Thanks for ideas. I need to rationilize haRdware taken. My laptop is trying to confuse maters by now shedding usb ports , only one works consistently. Thats a problem for another day

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back