Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
But hopefully you won't notice. At around midnight tonight I will start migrating everything from this server to a brand new one. A fair bit of the work has been done already so hopefully it should be pretty much hassle free :looking for fingers - crossed smiley: :whatthe: But for those that like to browse after midnight the site might dissapear for a while.

The new server has a powerful processors and 8gb of ram so this should provide us with all the power and speed to cope with some of the things I have planned for Fun as well as keep up with the organic growth that is surprisingly fast.
All for Fun and Fun for All:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Fingers crossed for you Jim, will you still be awake after drinking to Englands win today:ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Good luck with the move.:thumb:

It's never easy moving home:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bet you could do with man with a van (Bryan helping you):winky::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
On another forum I belong to (me being Jenny LOL) whenever Admin do anything to it, when you go in and click 'All Unread' after the latest ones you haven't read it throws up pages upon page of old posts - sometimes from 3 years ago!

Fortunately we have a box to tick 'mark Forum as read' :ROFLMAO:

Good luck!!!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Jim

Hope all goes trouble free with the move, and does not cause you too much hassle

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
On another forum I belong to (me being Jenny LOL) whenever Admin do anything to it, when you go in and click 'All Unread' after the latest ones you haven't read it throws up pages upon page of old posts - sometimes from 3 years ago!

Fortunately we have a box to tick 'mark Forum as read' :ROFLMAO:

Good luck!!!

Unfortunatley changing servers can throw up some odd issues. The problem with a site like this is that there is so much to go wrong. We start with the basic forum software that is very stable indeed, but has around 55 modifications made to it, any one of which could crash the new server if a line of code is disliked. To add the chaos, things like albums, downloads, chat, links, blogs, classifieds etc are all seperate programs tweaked to work alongside the forum any one of these can break the site. i've done a fair bit of testing, but most problems only show up when you are on the new server proper. I hope I'm not in for too long a night::bigsmile:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Jim,
I am new to the Forum and have made new frinds, shared a good laugh, received supurb advice and even saved more cash than my membership cost me.

I am sure someone has, but I have not read it, so can I say a big thankyou for all your work on creating, maintaining and dveloping a brilliant Web site that is providing so much help, fun and friendship.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Unfortunatley changing servers can throw up some odd issues. The problem with a site like this is that there is so much to go wrong. We start with the basic forum software that is very stable indeed, but has around 55 modifications made to it, any one of which could crash the new server if a line of code is disliked. To add the chaos, things like albums, downloads, chat, links, blogs, classifieds etc are all seperate programs tweaked to work alongside the forum any one of these can break the site. i've done a fair bit of testing, but most problems only show up when you are on the new server proper. I hope I'm not in for too long a night::bigsmile:

badge-regiment-sas.gif
He who dares wins:winky:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Jim I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all concerned with the smooth running of our site, like most I have no idea what is involved and am great full for your efforts:thumb:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Best of luck with the move, Lord Jim, and certainly many, many thanks for all the work.

Now I know spring is just around the corner, but "16gb of ram" would keep enough ewes to fill Wales - so what's the big deal?

Cheers, anyway, and don't miss the rugger, or at least keep the recording kit runnng...

Tony

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
well we beter say goodby then, because it will never work again.....

only kidding....:ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Jim a big thank you for all your hard work that we don't always know about but goes on quietly behind the scenes, that makes this forum that extra bit special. Hope all runs smoothly tonight.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Good luck with the move, mind you if the site gets any faster I'll need to get a speed reader fitted.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well I heard with all the subs you had bought a new car Jim:winky:

220px-Bond_Minicar_red_1959.jpg
220px-Bond_minicar_engine_bay_1959.jpg
Go on you know it makes sense,
I love these Bonds BTW

You and Bryan do a lot of work for very little mate

BIG THANKS

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2009
Chillington Devon
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2006
Hi hope the move solves the problem I am experiencing as a member, being bumped off as a guest every few minutesfor the last two days.:Sad:
Good luck and I hope the move and my membership are both trouble free.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hope it doesnt take long to sort. What am i going to do on night shift after motd might have to work:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi hope the move solves the problem I am experiencing as a member, being bumped off as a guest every few minutesfor the last two days.:Sad:
Good luck and I hope the move and my membership are both trouble free.

Hi Bashfop, that sounds like a cookie problem, try clearing your cache and cookies and the problem will disappear, or you could try another browser, that will work also as it will collect a new cookie:thumb:

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Hope the move goes smoothly for you tonight and its all up and running in the morning.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Oh well I'm off to bed, I hope everything's ok in the morning or you'll have everybody moving to the "Other Place". :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back