Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Motorhome thefts are on the rise again folks.

The number plates from our motorhome were stolen about 3 weeks ago and police recently caught two people "tampering" with it - albeit ours is an old 1990 nothing is safe even if its cemented to the ground. Luckily this time no damage was done as such.

The number plates have been used in crime but the culprits have been apprehended, purely because the locals know our regn number well.

It takes just a few seconds and a little piece of plastercine or putty in the hand to get an imprint of a key which can then be duplicated so be extra careful when selling xxxxxxxxxxxxx

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
You're not having a lot of luck there.

Glad you caught them...Hope all is well

I had a Mini Cooper once that got stolen twice in the same week...They NEVER found where the fuel cutoff switch was hidden....Got it back both times when it "ran out of fuel" and they scarpered.

Steve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:Sad:are the two travellers out of prison who wer stealing 8/9 m/h per week,, i seem to recall they got 5 years inside and maybe there out,

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry to hear of your loss she looks a lovely van. Will keep a look out but I don't think they will be coming in this direction.

Hope you find her soon and with no damage.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I'd love to know where his 'secure' site was as it's round here and we have lots of friends with M/H's and caravans .....

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sorry to hear of your loss, but tell me, if you are in Exeter why did you keep the van in Coventry? I sure hope it was well insured. I could have been tempted to buy it.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Jeezz.. !! LOL !!!

Ohh look !!! Over there.

Where ?

Over in the corner..

What is it ?

Think it is a conclusion ?

Oh great stuff !!!! Lets all jump to that one now then !!:ROFLMAO:

Ok, so this is a bit of conecture too, but given the van make is different AND the location different, I suspect the following..........................

Doddy ( who by his info owns a Bessacarr ) was merely reporting the facts as presented by someone else on Fleabay ...

He did not have the vehicle stolen from himself

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Jeezz.. !! LOL !!!

Ohh look !!! Over there.

Where ?

Over in the corner..

What is it ?

Ok, so this is a bit of conecture too, but given the van make is different AND the location different, I suspect the following..........................

Doddy ( who by his info owns a Bessacarr ) was merely reporting the facts as presented by someone else on Fleabay ...

But you're expecting all the Old Folk on here to be able to read.........

And it's not even in the Daily Mail yet....................................:winky:

:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Jeezz.. !! LOL !!!

Ohh look !!! Over there.

Where ?

Over in the corner..

What is it ?

was going to reply the same but didnt like to say anything and cause a ruck ! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Doddy999

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
Sorry to hear of your loss she looks a lovely van. Will keep a look out but I don't think they will be coming in this direction.

Hope you find her soon and with no damage.

sorry to hear of your loss, but tell me, if you are in Exeter why did you keep the van in Coventry? I sure hope it was well insured. I could have been tempted to buy it.

Apologies, should of said this properly, I seen this & thought I would post incase
anyone seen it. Sorry :Blush: Its not my MH

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Funny that, cos I also saw it on E Bay I think somebody probably went to look at it with the intention of having it away:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back